The GTA V Thread

• Thread starter Scar Symmetry
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Joose

Custom User Title
Reaction score
I won't do missions for the first few days of gameplay. That's not the point of gta when I first get it. Gotta get the layout first.

You and me both. I'll do just enough to be allowed to roam for awhile.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Joose

Custom User Title
Reaction score
dc1f.jpg

l256.jpg

jwade

Doooooooooom
Reaction score
Out of curiousity, what will be the very first thing you guys are going to do for your first ever play thru? There are seemingly soooooo many things to do there, I really don't know what I wanted to do first. :lol: I don't know, many drive around town and get familiar with my hood? :lol:

Bicycle down to the water, find scuba gear, go explore the ocean. So stoked. Ima fight a shark if the option presents itself.

peagull

Urwało mi dupę
Reaction score
Do the starter missions then find the best things to drive cars off for massive explosions/carnage. Isn't that what everyone does?

Vostre Roy

Disciple of Djod
Reaction score
Not cool. Put spoiler tags around shit like that.

:scratch: Maybe you first thought, as I did, that they dark grey area were hidden cities

Its just the GTA V map with the GTA IV map (dark grey) over it to show how big the map is, nothing to do with spoilers

Edit: What I'd like to see is the same comparaison, but between GTA V map and San Andreas one

jwade

Doooooooooom
Reaction score
:scratch: Maybe you first thought, as I did, that they dark grey area were hidden cities

Its just the GTA V map with the GTA IV map (dark grey) over it to show how big the map is, nothing to do with spoilers

Edit: What I'd like to see is the same comparaison, but between GTA V map and San Andreas one

Nope, it was immediately obvious what it was, but I have less than no interest in seeing maps or any shit like that. Having surprises ruined, even a map, isn't something everybody enjoys.

Fat-Elf

Banned
Reaction score

I'm pretty sure he didn't just want to see the V map.

Vostre Roy

Disciple of Djod
Reaction score
Nope, it was immediately obvious what it was, but I have less than no interest in seeing maps or any shit like that. Having surprises ruined, even a map, isn't something everybody enjoys.

Allright man. I just thought that the map itself wasn't a spoiler since they usually include a huge poster of the map inside the game booklet.

jwade

Doooooooooom
Reaction score
I like to approach current games exactly the way I did as a kid playing Legend of Zelda the first time, completely blind, just exploring and having no pre-set expectations. I glanced briefly and saw the GTAIV maps overlayed and immediately scrolled down.

I know it might sound silly, but I'd rather not start playing and think 'oh, that's the thing I saw on that map', I'd rather stumble around for awhile blindly first, like going to a real city and trying to find a hostel on some certain street without having a map around.

Vostre Roy

Disciple of Djod
Reaction score
I like to approach current games exactly the way I did as a kid playing Legend of Zelda the first time, completely blind, just exploring and having no pre-set expectations. I glanced briefly and saw the GTAIV maps overlayed and immediately scrolled down.

I know it might sound silly, but I'd rather not start playing and think 'oh, that's the thing I saw on that map', I'd rather stumble around for awhile blindly first, like going to a real city and trying to find a hostel on some certain street without having a map around.

All good man, we play video game as we want. Just don't go to the previous page of the thread though, as the map was already posted twice ahaha

kevdes93

Sassy
Reaction score
The hype surrounding this game is nuts. /v/ has about 5 threads per day.

A bunch of gameplay vids leaked and It looks nuts.

Joose

Custom User Title
Reaction score
I've been watching some gameplay videos and.... I will be a hermit for at least a week. I'm genuinely considering taking a few paid days off; but I should probably save that for Forza Motorsport 5.

')