The GTA V Thread

• Thread starter Scar Symmetry
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Rosal76

Reaction score
.... and so it'd be cool to be able to do story-type missions by yourself and then do those group missions separately and be able to start accruing money in the meantime however you please

I started a GTA 5 online character a few weeks ago and did not know anything about it either. I asked my brother if I was able to be online without other players and play missions/races/death matches/etc, etc, etc by myself and he said I can. Here is a Youtube video showing you how to be online and play missions by yourself. :cool:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

jwade

Doooooooooom
Reaction score
I lost interest so goddamned fast. I think I actually prefer playing GTA4 online over this.

RevDrucifer

Reaction score
My girlfriend and I are addicted to the ....ing game. I had it for 2-3 months before she came around to wanting to give it a shot, (she's a big COD fan, these are the only 2 games we play), she did one race and wanted to make her own character.

Joining a crew makes things A LOT more fun. If you're in a good crew with some funny members, you'll be having a blast. I'm in GYBB, which is on PSN/XBL. (http://www.reddit.com/r/GYBB/) Everyone on the crew is friendly and is all about helping each other rank up/make money. There's a standard policy that no one in the crew shoots first. Whether it be random players or people in your crew, you don't shoot first. Once someone shoots at a crew member, whether they kill them or not, it's fair game.

You can build custom races/deathmatches, which we do for the crew regularly. The races themselves are hilarious, some are designed just to cause pile ups and you spend more time laughing than racing.

Some nights you'll go on and end up doing race playlists for a couple hours and walk away with $200,000 and a few extra RP.

To those who just started online, make sure you ALWAYS put your money in the bank. You'll drop up to $500 at a time if someone comes by and kills you and you have it on you as cash.

If you get an invite to play Rooftop Rumble, PLAY IT. It's extremely easy and gives you $18,500/4250RP.

Definitely look into joining a crew, I wouldn't be playing this game anymore if I weren't in one, especially the one I'm in.
My PSN is OzzyIsAPug, hit me up!

RevDrucifer

Reaction score
I added you on PSN

Added ya. I would have met up with you but I was grinding Rooftop Rumble....ranked up another 2 levels and a couple hundred thousand bucks richer.

Cut the travel time down a minute or so by calling in a helicopter, shooting the pilot and stealing the chopper.

Neilzord

.Metal.
Reaction score
I love GTA5 playing Online (Xbox) It's awesome with a group of mates to just F'in around! , And playing in the jets..... Everyone loves playing in the jets haha

KultureDekay

Reaction score
I only play GTAO to buy clothes and take selfies. The threads from the Valentine DLC are pretty cool, I'm stoked for the Business DLC

RevDrucifer

Reaction score
I dig the Turismo they released. Painted it white and gold so it's like my JEM hahahah.

I spent a good week just screwing with glitches. I had to take a break from missions/races for a bit. Got a fully modded Entity from the story mode into my online garage. That was a pain in the ass.....but I'm tempted to do it with the Turismo.

Actually, my entire garage is filled with cars from the story mode. Franklin's Buffalo, Micheal's Tailgater, Trevor's Bodhi, a few random cars....I'm a terrible racer, I'd never be able to unlock all the car mods by racing. And really, I've realized being a shitty racer with a fully modded Entity is exactly the same as being a shitty guitarist with a $50K rig.

Cloudy

Pacific Wood Lab
Reaction score
Okay yeah, I need that.

I heard rumours about this being implemented as PC only a few months back, glad they brought it to console. I'm Interested to see how the Oculus rift integrates with this, maybe native support for OR.

Either way Ill be getting this for PS4, first person console junky :lol:

edit: Also this paired with the rumoured zombie singleplayer dlc? yes?

Ralyks

The One Who Knocks
Contributor
Reaction score
Beat on Xbox 360. Still probably going to buy it first day on PS4. First Person GTA? YES!

Stealth7

Reaction score
I haven't even finished the game yet on PS3 so don't know if I'll pick it up for PC when it comes out.

PS4 version is looking pretty good!

Grand Moff Tim

Some call me... Tim
Reaction score
I honestly wasn't sure I'd even get this when it gets a PC release, since I was pretty underwhelmed by GTA4. This new first person mode, though, is probably going to be enough to make me get it. I loooooove huge, sprawling sandbox games that let me do a ton of random shit, follow storylines, or just wander around exploring (and killing!). It's no coincidence that the Elder Scrolls and Fallout games are some of my favorites. This will finally give me an opportunity to do my thing in a modern urban setting, with vehicles, no less.

Gimme gimme gimme.

loqtrall

Banned
Reaction score
PC does get the 4k compatibility...and not locked 30fps :(

True, but PC users will more than likely have to pay 3, 4, to even maybe 5 times as much as a PS4 or Xbox One to get a GPU and Monitor capable of running GTAV at 4k on Ultra and also maintain a smooth 60FPS.

PS4 - $399
Xbone - $349
Decent Gaming PC rig - $400-600~, GPU Capable of running GTAV on Ultra at 4k - $250+~, 4k Monitor - anywhere from really cheap $350 monitors to upward in the thousands - Total: About $1,500-ish or more.

I'd say imitation 1080p at 30FPS on a console is more worth it than 4k at 60FPS on a PC that will probably cost $1,000 more than the console.

Latest posts

')