The HAARP Machine Megathread

Vyn

Not a Sparkly Vampire
Contributor
Reaction score
From memory, if you have any sort of charge such ranging as low as a speeding ticket or a D&D charge, the US won't let you in. Can't remember how you go about it.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Nesty

Reaction score
From memory, if you have any sort of charge such ranging as low as a speeding ticket or a D&D charge, the US won't let you in. Can't remember how you go about it.

Oh for fuck sake. That's me screwed then..

AlucardXIX

Is Encircle
Reaction score
I absolutely love how all of the speculation instantly went to Al's race and the name of their band. Ignorance is still extremely rampant.

NaYoN

Heavy Blog Is Heavy
Reaction score
I absolutely love how all of the speculation instantly went to Al's race and the name of their band. Ignorance is still extremely rampant.

Yep. Most people wouldn't know, but even if you have a perfect record and a normal name, chances are you won't get a visa. I have a lot of friends who can't visit me here because their visa request was denied for no reason.

vampiregenocide

Reaction score
Playing is ridiculously tight. Mad riffs. If the vocals and production on the release don't let it down, could be an amazing album.

Slunk Dragon

Gear Nerder
Reaction score
To be honest it doesn't really surprise me that a good band was denied entry to the US. If you look at the policies the NSA and TSA have had since 9/11 occured, it's just been a rampant increase in paranoia and an extremely high number of unnecessary rules and regulations that could be much simpler. Employing scanners that expose TSA agents to high amounts of x-rays and accusing people of being suspicious just because they complain at airports about the TSA is not the kind of logic I like my government using to make us pretend we're safe.

NaYoN

Heavy Blog Is Heavy
Reaction score
To be honest it doesn't really surprise me that a good band was denied entry to the US. If you look at the policies the NSA and TSA have had since 9/11 occured, it's just been a rampant increase in paranoia and an extremely high number of unnecessary rules and regulations that could be much simpler. Employing scanners that expose TSA agents to high amounts of x-rays and accusing people of being suspicious just because they complain at airports about the TSA is not the kind of logic I like my government using to make us pretend we're safe.

The USA has been denying pretty much every visa request waaay before 9/11 occurred.

DLG

not guthrie govan
Reaction score
they don't deny visa requests for everyone. if you are talking about personal visits, people get denied visas if they look like they will try to stay in america illegally. And this is just for the handful of countries whose citizens need visas to enter. If you are from one of these countries, as long as you have stuff that will show that you have a reason to go back - a job, a family, property, etc, you should be able to get a visa.

band's coming to the country to make money is quite different and I don't know about the ins and outs, but I do know it gets complicated and that the screening process is pretty weird and that a lot of the times the decisions to deny visas are very random without much rhyme or reason.

Like if you look at the problems that ProPower USA has had. Why would you deny Vanden Plas a visa? Five German guys with guitars in leather pants and frilly shirts coming to the country for two days to play one show? Doesn't really seem too frightening, but apparently someone thought that they shouldn't be allowed in.

Sebski

Reaction score
Who wants to tab out the intro to Lower The Populace using the new studio vid? :) It's at 3:12 if you're wondering

NaYoN

Heavy Blog Is Heavy
Reaction score
Yeah, this is a b.s. statement, just saying...

Because you've ever applied for a visa to be inside the USA? Because you've lived outside the USA in the 90s?

You guys should see the lines in front of the US embassy back where I come from. Before the late 90s, people were even denied entry into the embassy to request a visa. This is not bullshit.

avenger

Reaction score
BS, I have speeding tickets and i cross the border no problems.

')