The HAARP Machine Megathread

Sikthness

Reaction score
An official release date was never announced, just "fall 2011". We'll see what happens.

These guys are brilliant, I went to catch their first show with AAL as their bassist is a good friend of mine. Pretty jealous he wound up in this band to be honest!

Really can't wait to hear more from them. We have already heard 2 studio updates so I'm kinda hopin one day soon we get an annoucement "The HAARP Machine debut available sometime within the next month." Also I think GuitarMessenger needs to do a masterclass with their guitarist.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

chevymeister

Reaction score
Wish I could put these guys on my cars sound system :mad:

How are they going to pull off that song live if he's using a temporary human capo?

JosephAOI

Thinks Jazz = Metal
Reaction score
^ It's just to keep the excess noise down. He's not holding down the strings, just keeping them quiet. Live, that doesn't matter too much because inevitabely, it's not going to be perfect or fine-tuned anywhere near as good as in the studio.

Sikthness

Reaction score
I thought he was too. Glad to know he isn't, that way it is at least somewhat more possible I can play LTP sometime.

IAMLORDVADER

progressive insanity
Reaction score
Al was hanging round at the aal/btbam show in london and said its not going to come out till next year, apparently they wern't happy with the master and wanted the same guy to do it so they had too book him again which is why its next year

The Beard

Suttbex
Reaction score
Here's another song by these guys, I think this is my favorite one that i've heard :metal:

The part at 0:59 just blows my mind, I quit guitar. :wallbash: :lol:

Double A

Subhuman
Reaction score
So, it looks like The HAARP Machine are looking for a new vocalist, hence the delay on the album.

WYLD STALLYNS!!!

gunch

goof-ass
Reaction score
Aww man and the vocals were sort of good, too.

Hope they can get a good replacement.

Reaction score
Try the Escapist Notion, it looks really hard but the tempo isn't too fast and it's actually pretty intuitive to play just because the patterns seem really comfy and natural. It's not easy but much easier than Pleasindandfn keys.

Sikthness

Reaction score
Try the Escapist Notion, it looks really hard but the tempo isn't too fast and it's actually pretty intuitive to play just because the patterns seem really comfy and natural. It's not easy but much easier than Pleasindandfn keys.

Or just learn the beginning of Lower the Populace from the Studio Update 2, its much easier . trollface.jpeg.

AySay

Banned
Reaction score
P-word keys isn't too hard except for some of the speed at which the string skipping stuff is picked. Hardest parts for me were the 0-0-12-0 / 0-0-12-0/ 0-0-0-12-0 / thing and the part before the solo.

')