The HAARP Machine Megathread

Sikthness

Reaction score
Oh this is a glorious day indeed. Danza and Haarp in the same month? Oct is gonna be awesome

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

nsimonsen

Reaction score
I hate to be really downbuzz on this, but after looking forward to this release for so long I was really disappointed with the vocals in the trailer video.
Given how incredible and hectic the instrumentation is, I feel as though the vocals are lacking.

JosephAOI

Thinks Jazz = Metal
Reaction score
As completely devastated as I was at Mike's leaving Vestascension, this is an excellent band for him to be in. I am so stoked for this album.

tbb529

Reaction score
I would like to go on record saying I called Mike and Rudy joining the band a month or two ago but all the speculation in this thread was deleted... :lol:

My interest for this band has increased immensely, looking forward to the album!

The Beard

Suttbex
Reaction score
I hate to be really downbuzz on this, but after looking forward to this release for so long I was really disappointed with the vocals in the trailer video.
Given how incredible and hectic the instrumentation is, I feel as though the vocals are lacking.

Glad i'm not the only one that felt this way.

I'm hoping the vocals don't make it unlistenable like Greg & Neema did for me when they were in Monuments, where the music itself is amazing but the vocals ruin it :noplease:

TIBrent

Drop Z regular
Reaction score
I guess the vocals weren't going to please everyone, but they impressed the heck out of me :)
-Brent

sakeido

Contributor
Reaction score
The thing that bothers me more about the vocals is that they insist on putting harsh vocals in there.. it'd sound perfectly fine with all cleans all the time. I really gotta get my shit together, I bet a djent band with clean vocals that are not seriously over the top and operatic... like real radio vocals, like a 2010s Soundgarden-era Chris Cornell, would EXPLODE

ROAR

oaf tobar
Reaction score
Maybe they want the harsh vocals?
That's probably why they're there

sakeido

Contributor
Reaction score
Maybe they want the harsh vocals?
That's probably why they're there

congratulations Captain Obvious. As a reward for your long and distinguished career and never-failing ability to give voice to breathtakingly blatant and commonsense observations, you have been promoted to Admiral. Thank you for your service, Admiral Obvious. Thank you.

Sikthness

Reaction score
That guys voice grates on me HARD!!!!

Chris Cornell's vocals grate on you hard!? man I thought I was tough to please ! . Anyway, when I first started the new teaser I wasnt blown away by the vocals. It took me a minute to realize who it was though, and I'm confident he will kick ass on the record. I loved him in Vestascension and Ordinance. These guys are gonna deliver in oct.

gunch

goof-ass
Reaction score
The thing that bothers me more about the vocals is that they insist on putting harsh vocals in there.. it'd sound perfectly fine with all cleans all the time. I really gotta get my shit together, I bet a djent band with clean vocals that are not seriously over the top and operatic... like real radio vocals, like a 2010s Soundgarden-era Chris Cornell, would EXPLODE

You're on to something...

sakeido

Contributor
Reaction score
That guys voice grates on me HARD!!!!
That was just one example.. there were a lot of great vocalists in the 90s who could front a metal band to huge success these days, but nobody seems to trying it. Or maybe somebody is, and they just haven't gotten even a small break for some reason

You're on to something...
I really think so. I better hurry before somebody else makes my millions

Mwoit

Reaction score
Is Dez from the Safety Fire involved in the production of this at all?

Local Astronaut
Reaction score
Didn't see this posted.. so.. from The Faceless' Facebook page:

So we're going to be doing a headliner before the year is over.. thinking about taking FLESHGOD APOCALYPSE and The|HAARP|Machine. Who else would you want to see on this North America?!

face.gif

jawbreaker

Breakin' the jaw.
Reaction score
Just saw this ^ on their facebook and dropped a huge load in my pants. Oh lawdy lawdy lawdy!!!

')