The HAARP Machine Megathread

NaYoN

Heavy Blog Is Heavy
Reaction score
video will not always exactly match up in post with the audio. Unless you have an actual guitarist/drummer whomever the video is featuring doing the edit, you can not be sure that that millisecond delay wont be caught by an outside eye. That being said, I think these videos are edited together very well & frankly the slight offset doesn't affect me at all. None of us, or I should say, most of us will not have the luxury of a videographer who is willing to do hours of splicing & effecting for free, time = money. So maybe the audio doesn't perfectly match up, I would be more bummed if this were an actual demo video, but this is more of an advertisement video for Strandberg.
Just look at the dudes hands, if not in the demo videos, then the live one, if not the live one, watch the studio one closely & ensure that nothing is being speed-altered in post...the dude has CHOPS for days, can't fake that.
-Brent

It's funny when some of the notes (in a continuous sequence) match the hands and some don't. You can't call that bad sync. Also you're just speculating whereas some people here have inside sources. You probably shouldn't speculate, because you are (according to people involved with the band) wrong.

If you dubbed the riffs in that vid with perfect audio, everyone would believe it's a perfect take, even though actually they're kinda sloppy.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Sunyata

Bro Story Cool
Reaction score
Yep, we could ask him but not sure if he'd want to respond, given the circumstances surrounding the character we're talking about.

Lol dude, you're making him sound so ominous.

I'm pretty sure the headgear doesn't automatically make him a terrorist.

NaYoN

Heavy Blog Is Heavy
Reaction score
Lol dude, you're making him sound so ominous.

I'm pretty sure the headgear doesn't automatically make him a terrorist.

Yeah coming from a mainly muslim country I know that, thanks. That's not the issue. And yeah, he apparently is a pretty ominous character.

Jonathan20022

Engineer
Reaction score
Who cares? No one that actually knows any of this for sure has come out with anything absolute, nor has presented proof of it. This isn't controversial as many other bands use the same exact technique, if Nolly, Dez, or anyone else knows about this. They shouldn't bring anything up and let us see how they hold up on the road because that's where it matters, you can see videos of the man playing. He looks like he's playing ridiculously and precisely, I'm sure he can play. And if he's not a machine who can play perfectly, who cares?

The music has been created, and it's kickass. No one can deny that, unless it isn't your personal taste. I don't care if he uses techniques that are widely used in other band's recordings, because even that live video shows him playing those riffs extremely well.

People just know how to blow things out of proportion.

Sunyata

Bro Story Cool
Reaction score
Yeah coming from a mainly muslim country I know that, thanks. That's not the issue. And yeah, he apparently is a pretty ominous character.

So why is he an ominous character? The discussion at hand is his playing, but from some of the veiled comments here, his character is an issue too. Why not just get it out there?

NaYoN

Heavy Blog Is Heavy
Reaction score
So why is he an ominous character? The discussion at hand is his playing, but from some of the veiled comments here, his character is an issue too. Why not just get it out there?

As I said earlier, to protect the people involved. It's not my secret to give away publicly.

EDIT: I'll just leave this thread. I don't know why I participated to begin with. There's nothing to be achieved here. Enjoy the music and carry on. The relevant information will probably eventually come out. I don't have a bone to pick with anyone here, and I don't want to get involved with this person either.

Jonathan20022

Engineer
Reaction score
It'd be a shame to see this thread locked, I hope a mod can put a stop to this dumb debate before it actually does get locked.

Sunyata

Bro Story Cool
Reaction score
As I said earlier, to protect the people involved. It's not my secret to give away publicly.

Well that's noble of you I guess. This conspiracy about a conspiracy theory themed band has got me all excited though...someone better spill the beans soon.
:lol:

bulb

Reaction score
Well that's noble of you I guess. This conspiracy about a conspiracy theory themed band has got me all excited though...someone better spill the beans soon.
:lol:

The truth is out there, and it will be revealed soon, but not by me, for I am sworn to my secret society. The coverup will not last much longer, and the listeners will be freed by the knowledge of the truth....or something hahah.

anomynous

Reaction score
This is genius marketing.

1zwzos6.jpg

bulb

Reaction score
HAHAHAHAH, next thing you know, they will claim it was intentional!

We all got trolled so hard!

Fiction

For Mod
Reaction score
Still can't believe I thought these guys dropped off the face of the earth >.<

They did, they're now test subjects to the US Air Force and have since been replaced by doppelgangers to stop the fans from worrying. Now the doppelgangers must carry on miming on various videos until they're chops are up to speed with the original members.

:shrug:

IAMLORDVADER

progressive insanity
Reaction score
I met Al at an AAL, BTBAM gig in london and he seemed like a really cool guy, we chatted for 20 minutes and he was joking around with Tosin (who was standing next to us) about not being let into america for their tour at the time. we talked about the album and guitar playing and got a couple of pictures with him.
all around cool guy

as for the playing topic, in the tracking vid there is clearly some parts where it sounds like guitar pro is backing up what he's playing? maybe he plays to it for tightness? who knows... I am interested to find out about it though

I like the sound they've got on pleiadian keys and im confident the guy can play rings around most and I cant wait for the album to come out

Latest posts

')