The HAARP Machine Megathread

7 Strings of Hate

Mid-Level Asshole
Contributor
Reaction score
Is he a member of Moose Lodge #185, and hes gonna start working the fryer on friday nights, barring him from touring?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ROAR

oaf tobar
Reaction score
Al is part of the illuminati.
Behold, Planetary Duality begins!

Watty

Naturally Cynical
Reaction score
Honestly, if the rumor is true and you don't like it...tough. Calling shit on a video meant to showcase an instrument OVER YOUTUBE is pointless anyways. Even if they used all the best means of getting the real tone from the guitar to the audio playing in the video, YT's compression would have colored it. Also, last I checked, it wasn't uploaded to showcase his playing.

I think this song kicks a phenomenal amount of ass and I plan on buying the record for more of it.

/back on topic anyone?

bulb

Reaction score
Honestly, if the rumor is true and you don't like it...tough. Calling shit on a video meant to showcase an instrument OVER YOUTUBE is pointless anyways. Even if they used all the best means of getting the real tone from the guitar to the audio playing in the video, YT's compression would have colored it. Also, last I checked, it wasn't uploaded to showcase his playing.

I think this song kicks a phenomenal amount of ass and I plan on buying the record for more of it.

/back on topic anyone?

With that logic, you might as well mime everything on youtube because of the supposed "compression"....

I don't even care if the video was mimed, I care that they tried to claim that it wasn't and were very vigilant with deleting any comments that brought the truth forward. Basically I am saying that you shouldn't lie. I know, I am old fashioned like that, but I don't think it's right.

Watty

Naturally Cynical
Reaction score
With that logic, you might as well mime everything on youtube because of the supposed "compression"....

I don't even care if the video was mimed, I care that they tried to claim that it wasn't and were very vigilant with deleting any comments that brought the truth forward. Basically I am saying that you shouldn't lie. I know, I am old fashioned like that, but I don't think it's right.

To the first bit, I only brought it up in reply to the rest of the comments. For most of us (and most the time), the coloration doesn't matter...

To the second, fair point...been so many replies not dealing with that I forgot reading it. And the Republican's should be worried with voters like you sitting in the backyard, eh? What with wanting the truth told and all that...

"Go BULBasaur! Use Vine Whip!"

It was super effective; unlike the GOP...

In reply to everything, they should just get Emil to play it and be done with it; that guy would eat these riffs for breakfast and ask for more!

Local Astronaut
Reaction score
Is he a member of Moose Lodge #185, and hes gonna start working the fryer on friday nights, barring him from touring?

All I can say that he was in a band that may or may not have attended a concert during the Frak the Gods tour. I also can't confirm or deny that it may or may not have been an actual Frak the Gods concert. Just a concert that happened during the dates of that tour. He knows a guy who was involved with a band who recorded at the same studio the HAARP record was recorded at, but it was a year before they did.

I also heard Al was an alien. Note the first two letters in alien. Coincidence? Fuck no. There are no coincidences. Just conspiracies.

I hope this drama drags on forever. It's like a metal-oriented soap opera.

JamesM

The Armada
Reaction score
This is great. For the record, my ears told me that the .strandberg* video was altered ages ago and everyone told me I was crazy. :lol: That really isn't fair to that guitar. :)

Also, I know someone who sent Al a guitar for publicity and never got the promo vids, images or guitar back so... I dunno. Maybe Al is a secret agent or something. Pew pew. :)

slapnutz

Reaction score
Oh man this thread is awesome.

My only concern is the payoff might not live up to the drama so far.

themike

Chug Life
Reaction score
Kind of curious why .strandberg's new video was posted on Sumerian's youtube account. I understand the guitarist's is on that label, but that video is 99% guitar information and .strandberg have their own youtube channel.

Also - they posted a new video for the Varberg incase anyone is interested

7 Strings of Hate

Mid-Level Asshole
Contributor
Reaction score
It both of those videos, that guitar just sounds so hollow. I dont care for it. Sounds like papery or something.

7 Strings of Hate

Mid-Level Asshole
Contributor
Reaction score
Just because a guitar has chambers, doesnt mean it SOUNDS hollow. I mean, acoustics dont sound hollow and papery. Chambered les pauls dont sound hollow.

This one sounds hollow to me.

TIBrent

Drop Z regular
Reaction score
Perhaps we can post-process this video for you as well? Another doctored video clip make you stoked? :)
Papery, sheesh, what chou talkin bout? this guitar sounds awesome!
-Brent

MacTown09

Reaction score

The picking in this video is absolutely insane and makes my hand feel tired just thinking about what I would have to do to make my own playing sound like that and I feel like I am a picking conessieur. It really sounds machine like especially when he just picks starting about 1:17 in the video. It's absolutely machine sounding. I hope to god that it's real because I have already started learning how to do it.

NaYoN

Heavy Blog Is Heavy
Reaction score

The picking in this video is absolutely insane and makes my hand feel tired just thinking about what I would have to do to make my own playing sound like that and I feel like I am a picking conessieur. It really sounds machine like especially when he just picks starting about 1:17 in the video. It's absolutely machine sounding. I hope to god that it's real because I have already started learning how to do it.

If you learn how to do it then at least one person will finally be able to do it!

')