The HAARP Machine Megathread

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

JosephAOI

Thinks Jazz = Metal
Reaction score
I'll just leave this here:

"There were no weapons of mass destruction or mobile biological weapons labs.
The agenda was to remove Saddam Hussein.
To reap the oil and establish a base.
The bush administration made a series of claims prior the Iraqi war, abuse and misuse of intelligence.
There was no collusive.
Relationship with Al Qaeda.
Esoteric Agenda.
Open your eyes and see this world is not what it seems.
Free you soul.
From the ties that bind us all.
Time is upon us to wake up.
The wars of the world are diversions for the desires of the powers.
They declare war as the last option, even though they always actively block every other viable policy in the same way the powers make war the only option."

Scrubface05

Reaction score
And this,

"We don't know how to relate in a civil way,
Because the entire system is based on everyone leeching off each other.
We are all one, the world for all.

There is a psychological flaw in the system.
Based on differential advantage and exploitation by one group over another.
Imagine the potential if instead of everyone fighting, everyone contributes.

It's not a pipe dream, or unattainable.
Redesign society from the ground up, but this time make it actually humane.
Be the change that you want to see in this world.
Believe that we can achieve this in our lifetime.
Free of outdated, convoluted notions, outmoded political systems, and religion.

We don't know how to relate in a civil way because our entire system is based on everyone leeching off each other.
We are all one, the world for all."

kcyrowolf

Reaction score
I thiught they had trouble getting to the US?

Yeah, that one time.

The album is brilliant, great to finally see it out at last. What with Dom and (later) Craig leaving, the HAARP guys have had a lot of crap to contend with.

They're going to smash it apart live with Rüdinger behind the kit! And it looks like you US folks will get to see it first! Ah well, I feel privileged to have seen them with Mike here in England back in February (and kept it zipped for over half a year haha).

Let there be no doubt, The HAARP Machine are brilliant musicians and I confirm that they can indeed tear it up live and will not disappoint!

Vicissitude27

Reaction score
My favorite metal album in a long time. The guitar style that Al composed is just refreshing.

And as for the vocals I was very impressed with his arrangements over the music.
He did a stellar job :yesway:

ROAR

oaf tobar
Reaction score
I'm loving these lyrics, hopefully the vocals grow on me some more.

The thing is though, these lyrics really make a statement. One that from
what I have seen I can agree with (especially what Joseph posted).
Are you guys going to read/hear these lyrics and see the importance of what
they're trying to point out?
I never see that anymore, and bands are really making some bold statements.
Like with this BTBAM concept album, I have barely seen anyone talking about the
lyrics and the story and all that jazz. I'm a big Coheed fan and everyone on that side
of the fence is always talking about the music, lyrics, and story. While the lyrics tell a story
they also have a different meaning and the same goes for BTBAM, The Faceless, hell everyone.

Does anyone actually pay attention to lyrics and words these days?
Or is everyone a pseudo-philosopher who gets all there "knowledge" from
wikipedia, reddit, and all that bullshit that doesn't really foster intelligence
just a facade of one?
Someone assure me I'm cynical and people are actually wanting to hear
what these guys have to say not just Al's "controversial" riffing hahaha

Maybe all these years of people grumbling and the only way of understanding bands
was heading to a lyrics site or picking up the cd has diminished what words mean,
or maybe everyone for the past decade putting their favorite book as "i hate reading"
has led to this downfall.

valder

Reaction score
These lyrics are in no way profound or impressive imo...It's the same tired rhetoric that's been spewed for awhile now. Don't get me wrong, I agree with the message, political themes just seem too easy to base an entire album around.
Other than that, this album's flawless

jjfiegel

Reaction score
lyrics and the story and all that jazz.

You are discussing the album in the wrong places then.

ROAR

oaf tobar
Reaction score
^Oh really? So that guy wearing the BTBAM shirt yesterday I tried to talk
to about the album, that wasn't something I should have done?

jjfiegel

Reaction score
Maybe. The album came out Tuesday so he might not have heard it. Reddit has had many threads discussing the lyrics. A bunch of people (myself included) have written practically essays over at Ultimate-Guitar.

ROAR

oaf tobar
Reaction score
UG? I shall be heading over there right now,
I saw the reddit thing but will have to browse it again to see what
Tommy said about it. I read a few things when I last saw it.

Alpenglow

music and shat
Reaction score
The thing is though, these lyrics really make a statement. One that from
what I have seen I can agree with (especially what Joseph posted).
Are you guys going to read/hear these lyrics and see the importance of what
they're trying to point out?
I never see that anymore, and bands are really making some bold statements.
lyrics and the story and all that jazz. I'm a big Coheed fan and everyone on that side
of the fence is always talking about the music, lyrics, and story. While the lyrics tell a story
they also have a different meaning and the same goes for BTBAM, The Faceless, hell everyone.

I can't speak for the album's lyrics as I haven't listened to it yet, but you have a point for all lyrics. Sometimes I feel like myself and a small group of friends of mine are the only people we know in person who really analyze and dissect and take points away from lyrics. It's a shame people don't talk more about profound lyrics and push them to the side as "just lyrics". It's actually kind of sad considering the number of people who consider themselves Modest Mouse fans and have literally no clue what the lyrics are about and have no desire to find out... I find that really sad because I would say MM's lyrics are some of the deepest most insightful lyrics I've ever read. :shrug:

I'm a big Coheed fan and everyone on that side of the fence is always talking about the music, lyrics, and story.

I'm going to assume that was intentional and you just made an epic underhanded reference. If you're a Coheed fan you'll understand. :cool:

Local Astronaut
Reaction score
I can't speak for the album's lyrics as I haven't listened to it yet, but you have a point for all lyrics. Sometimes I feel like myself and a small group of friends of mine are the only people we know in person who really analyze and dissect and take points away from lyrics. It's a shame people don't talk more about profound lyrics and push them to the side as "just lyrics". It's actually kind of sad considering the number of people who consider themselves Modest Mouse fans and have literally no clue what the lyrics are about and have no desire to find out... I find that really sad because I would say MM's lyrics are some of the deepest most insightful lyrics I've ever read. :shrug:

Those of us who push aside the lyrics are simply not impacted by them. Never have I read lyrics and been impacted by content. Only the music. Different strokes.

anomynous

Reaction score
I can't wait to see what's going to be more overrated: this or Wintersun.

HyperShade

Reaction score
Machine Over is fucking incredible, except for that bass part that comes in at about 2:40 or so (Might not even be a bass, I'm not entirely sure.) Dunno what they were trying to do there. Felt like an unecessary bit. Other than that I think the whole album is great. Begins weaker than it ends imo.

Vocals really delivered I thought. Also I dunno why no one has mentioned From Vanity to Utility, I think that's a great song.

ROAR

oaf tobar
Reaction score
I understand where 307534854numbernumbersnumbered
is coming from, and Alpenglow I also am a MM fan and although
the only album I am familiar with is We Were Dead I do love the lyrics.
And yes, CoCa allows me to deliver some coy references hehe

Anyone know what gear Al is using by the way?
I'm not sure if those Gibsons are his or what amp he was using
in the tracking videos but I'm sure someone here can shed some light

Alpenglow

music and shat
Reaction score
Those of us who push aside the lyrics are simply not impacted by them. Never have I read lyrics and been impacted by content. Only the music. Different strokes.

:agreed: I'm impacted just as much or more by the music than I am by the lyrics/vocals, so I totally understand. People tend to sway to either side. I know people who don't listen to Animals as Leaders because they don't have vocals and I know people who will listen to exclusively instrumental music because lyrics don't do much for them. I love it all, but it's a matter of perspective.

')