The HAARP Machine Megathread

Necropitated

Reaction score
Thanks guys, but they are currently not looking for a 2nd guitar
player. Ollie told me earlier. If they are, then they'll let me know.
Kinda sucks for now.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Necropitated

Reaction score
Weird...do you have a band btw? I would like to listen to your stuff haha

No, i'm not in a band right now. I was in a small local band for 3 years. But it was nothing interesting. Just my first band. I tried to start something with a
singer in my area but we had problems finding other musicians. We wanted to play something in the direction of Origin, Nile and maybe trying to mix that
with Necrophagist ^^. Just to keep it fresh. But yeah, we didn't find anyone else.
For now, I tried to get into The HAARP Machine. Since that didn't work out I'm now focusing on getting into music college.
I don't write often but here are some ideas that i found worth sharing.
(nothing finished, just small ideas....guitar pro)
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/63800797/Ideas.rar

Fat-Elf

Banned
Reaction score
No, i'm not in a band right now. I was in a small local band for 3 years. But it was nothing interesting. Just my first band. I tried to start something with a
singer in my area but we had problems finding other musicians. We wanted to play something in the direction of Origin, Nile and maybe trying to mix that
with Necrophagist ^^. Just to keep it fresh. But yeah, we didn't find anyone else.
For now, I tried to get into The HAARP Machine. Since that didn't work out I'm now focusing on getting into music college.
I don't write often but here are some ideas that i found worth sharing.
(nothing finished, just small ideas....guitar pro)
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/63800797/Ideas.rar

Wow, where do you need HAARP Machine if you can write stuff like that? :eek:

drmosh

Sir Paul of the Mosh
Contributor
Reaction score
i just dig the idea of a "conspiracy theory" band causing enough hu-bub to get people banned or deleted in a forum, kinda how facebook is closing accounts of people questioning the media and blah blah blah

conspiracy theories have nothing to do with people getting banned over this band, nothing at all.

FlameIbrah

Reaction score
Well, try starting riffs with an upstroke.....for example:
The riff after the intro, I start with an upstroke.
This way I can play those ringing notes cleaner.
And whats most important: practice ^^.
I practiced the escapist notion over a year. no kidding.

Me too! I watched that darn video for so long trying to figure out how he played the g and c string up-picked pedal tone so quickly in the main riff. In every live video I've seen he plays it as a simple pedal tone riff instead of what he does in the video (though the recorded track does sound like it's played in first position) :/

Necropitated

Reaction score
Wow, where do you need HAARP Machine if you can write stuff like that? :eek:

Haha, I don't think my stuff is so good. Nothing is complete. It just shows a lot of my influences. 3 years ago I was really into tech death (Defeated Sanity, Spawn Of Possession, Necrophagist...) and now its more djent and "deathcore". And right now I have the problem that I don't like anything i write even though I have "creative bursts". But I do think that I fit HAARP stylistically.

Me too! I watched that darn video for so long trying to figure out how he played the g and c string up-picked pedal tone so quickly in the main riff. In every live video I've seen he plays it as a simple pedal tone riff instead of what he does in the video (though the recorded track does sound like it's played in first position) :/

I think he plays it live that way because its easier and both guitars together have a pedal tone feel i think.

RiffRaff

Reaction score
Necropitated, if you don't have a band focus on recording some of your music yourself because I just had a brief look through your Ideas.rar file and I think you write really excellent music and it would be a shame for such writing and playing talent to go unnoticed.
Seriously good stuff dude. :yesway:

djentinc

Banned
Reaction score
Wow, this thread has gone for over 100 posts without any ridiculous name calling or bullshit. I'm very impressed, good to see that there are people out there who can have a mature discussion about this band :).

TheOddGoat

Reaction score
Wow, this thread has gone for over 100 posts without any ridiculous name calling or bullshit. I'm very impressed, good to see that there are people out there who can have a mature discussion about this band :).

What did you think would happen, poopyhead?

:lol:

NaYoN

Heavy Blog Is Heavy
Reaction score
"Due to irreconcilable personal differences with our guitarist Al Mu'min, the three of us (Alex, Ollie, and I) have decided to part ways with The|HAARP|Machine This was in no way an easy decision to make but the three of us feel that it is in our best interest to pursue other musical endeavors at this time. We would like to thank all of our fans, our friends and families, Sumerian Records, and everyone else who supported our band along the way. Rest assured that the three of us are in no way giving up on our music careers and we'd encourage you all to follow our individual YouTube channels to keep up with our tunes while we are in pursuit of our new musical homes. "

-Mike Semesky

I knew this would happen, and I stated why, but people got mad about it. Oh well. Here we go. Those who want a source, check Heavy Blog in a few hours.

EDIT: Here http://www.heavyblogisheavy.com/2013/01/25/everyone-who-isnt-al-mumin-quits-the-haarp-machine/

')