The HAARP Machine Megathread

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Necropitated

Reaction score
Haha, well I don't think that he needs a guitar player ^^.
And yeah I'd think twice about it under these circumstances.

EDIT: but i could ask the other guys if they are interested in making music with me lol.

MetalBuddah

0000 00 0 0 00 000
Reaction score
Haha, well I don't think that he needs a guitar player ^^.
And yeah I'd think twice about it under these circumstances.

EDIT: but i could ask the other guys if they are interested in making music with me lol.

Do it! You write and play better than Al and you probably have never threatened past band members

NSXTypeZero

Reaction score
Power to them. All three of those dudes deserve to be in phenominal bands... Hell, Craig Reynolds included.

And 'differences' aside, I would wager their live performances were a factor in this, considering how amazing Ollie Alex and Mike are in live settings - *NOTE: this is not shit starting* I just feel that as the videos of live shows on youtube illustrate, there still is an inability to nail 100% of the band's lead lines and solo's, as well as a refusal to bring in another guitar player. Not a good formula...

Necropitated

Reaction score
Haha, thanks......yeah I'll try to contact ollie....
But why don't they continue without Al lol !?

NaYoN

Heavy Blog Is Heavy
Reaction score
Haha, thanks......yeah I'll try to contact ollie....
But why don't they continue without Al lol !?

Because he's the songwriter and he's the band. Kind of like Michael Keene and The Faceless. Their contract probably had something like that. Also I'm not sure if Mike Semesky actually enjoys the ridiculous conspiracy lyrics...

Necropitated

Reaction score
Yeah I also thought about the contract thing and him being the band.
Man, it really sucks all these people leaving bands and their "dictator".

MetalBuddah

0000 00 0 0 00 000
Reaction score
Because he's the songwriter and he's the band. Kind of like Michael Keene and The Faceless. Their contract probably had something like that. Also I'm not sure if Mike Semesky actually enjoys the ridiculous conspiracy lyrics...

Considering he writes much better lyrics...I wouldn't doubt it. However, I know the real motivation of him joining The HAARP Machine in the first place and I can tell you that it wasn't to sing in a conspiracy theory band

bulb

Reaction score
"Due to irreconcilable personal differences with our guitarist Al Mu'min, the three of us (Alex, Ollie, and I) have decided to part ways with The|HAARP|Machine This was in no way an easy decision to make but the three of us feel that it is in our best interest to pursue other musical endeavors at this time. We would like to thank all of our fans, our friends and families, Sumerian Records, and everyone else who supported our band along the way. Rest assured that the three of us are in no way giving up on our music careers and we'd encourage you all to follow our individual YouTube channels to keep up with our tunes while we are in pursuit of our new musical homes. "

-Mike Semesky

I knew this would happen, and I stated why, but people got mad about it. Oh well. Here we go. Those who want a source, check Heavy Blog in a few hours.

No surprises there, I guess now he can add 3 more to the other 30 ex-members who couldn't deal with him (wish I was exaggerating).
Good for them all, the 3 of them kill at their respective instruments and I am confident they will end up doing much better work in other bands.

RagtimeDandy

On a Musical Journey
Reaction score
Alex should join The Faceless. Mike should form his own band or join TesseracT if Elliot isn't still in the band (idk or care enough about the band to be informed of who their current vocalist is) I'd definitely get into them if he joined.

I swear to god if this thread gets closed because someone says something bad about Al at this point, there's something seriously wrong with the mods. Everyone quitting the band should be evidence enough the dudes a nutcase. For once actually allow open discussion on the matter, it's warranted and healthy. And warranted. Did I mention that DISCUSSION ON THIS TOPIC IS WARRANTED.

Rick

ALL HAIL DJOD
Forum MVP
Reaction score
No surprises there, I guess now he can add 3 more to the other 30 ex-members who couldn't deal with him (wish I was exaggerating).
Good for them all, the 3 of them kill at their respective instruments and I am confident they will end up doing much better work in other bands.

Is that true? Holy shit.

NaYoN

Heavy Blog Is Heavy
Reaction score
Alex should join The Faceless. Mike should form his own band or join TesseracT if Elliot isn't still in the band (idk or care enough about the band to be informed of who their current vocalist is).

I swear to god if this thread gets closed because someone says something bad about Al at this point, there's something seriously wrong with the mods. Everyone quitting the band should be evidence enough the dudes a nutcase. For once actually allow open discussion on the matter, it's warranted and healthy. And warranted. Did I mention that DISCUSSION ON THIS TOPIC IS WARRANTED.

This. Also Mike has a local band here in Baltimore called Rest Among Ruins, and he's also in Ordinance.

MetalBuddah

0000 00 0 0 00 000
Reaction score
Alex should join The Faceless. Mike should form his own band or join TesseracT if Elliot isn't still in the band (idk or care enough about the band to be informed of who their current vocalist is).

Mike actually has his own band called Rest Among Ruins. Now this is relevant because my singer is also the singer of ToTheArk which is Dewsif Stalin's band. Drewsif is neighbors with Mike and also produces the music of Rest Among Ruins. According to my singer (who literally just texted me this), Drew has had to cancel the last few viocal recording session for the ToTheArk full-length so he can mix with Mike by a certain date.

Judging by this, Mike is probably trying to get Rest Among Ruins ready to be shown to Sumerian so he can get the band signed. This is GREAT news because RAR is a pretty damn good band and I might be auditioning for their vacant second guitar slot :evil:

RagtimeDandy

On a Musical Journey
Reaction score
Mike actually has his own band called Rest Among Ruins. Now this is relevant because my singer is also the singer of ToTheArk which is Dewsif Stalin's band. Drewsif is neighbors with Mike and also produces the music of Rest Among Ruins. According to my singer (who literally just texted me this), Drew has had to cancel the last few viocal recording session for the ToTheArk ful;l-length so he can mix with Mike by a certain date.

Judging by this, Mike is probably trying to get Rest Among Ruins ready to be shown to Sumerian so he can get the band signed. This is GREAT news because RAR is a pretty damn good band and I might be auditioning for their vacant second guitar slot :evil:

Thanks, I gotta check them out. Mike's vocals are absolutely stellar, I'm always looking for good singers to check out :yesway:

')