The HAARP Machine Megathread

bulb

Reaction score
Is that true? Holy shit.

Yeah haha, although relatively unknown here, in the UK he is pretty infamous within the group of bands we know/tour with.
He is also notorious for threatening or shit talking people who leave, Craig Reynolds and Mike Malyan from Monuments have filled me in on that end from their personal experiences with Al (they are 2 of those past 30 or so)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Rick

ALL HAIL DJOD
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Yeah haha, although relatively unknown here, in the UK he is pretty infamous within the group of bands we know/tour with.
He is also notorious for threatening or shit talking people who leave, Craig Reynolds and Mike Malyan from Monuments have filled me in on that end from their personal experiences with Al (they are 2 of those past 30 or so)

Wow. I believed you, it just seemed so out there that it couldn't possibly be true.

RagtimeDandy

On a Musical Journey
Reaction score

Please get drunk and troll him again, that was so entertaining :lol:

Randy

✝✝✝
Super Moderator
Reaction score
That sucks because he's a really good song writer and the album was great. :(

Seconded, although I'm sure it's not the last we'll hear of him. With all the ego and everything else going on, the guy really needed a wake-up call. Losing your entire band and (I'm assuming it's coming soon) losing your record deal should suffice.

RagtimeDandy

On a Musical Journey
Reaction score
That sucks because he's a really good song writer and the album was great. :(

This. Al's style has actually be a big influence on me lately, it's very unique and inspiring...whatever, I won't let the player taint the inspiration!

NaYoN

Heavy Blog Is Heavy
Reaction score
Yeah but Opeth has been around since the 90s lol The HAARP Machine has been around for only a few years

And Opeth have 10 albums, all of which are critically acclaimed and fan favorites, and have more roles to fill (keyboards, second guitar).

bulb

Reaction score
And Opeth have 10 albums, all of which are critically acclaimed and fan favorites, and have more roles to fill (keyboards, second guitar).

Akerfeldt didn't have the whole band leave him after their first tour haha.

Jonathan20022

Engineer
Reaction score
That's like 2x Akerfeldt.

Don't even compare, and yeah like I've said before. Keep this thread open for discussion, I could never fathom how other threads like the Mike Reynolds one being open with hate being spewed from both supporters and people against it stayed open. When if a single thing was said negatively about anything in these threads, it was imminently locked.

I don't hate this band, I actually quite enjoy the album. Extension to One has been on rotation constantly for quite awhile and I enjoy the rest of the album enough.

')