The HAARP Machine Megathread

Randy

✝✝✝
Super Moderator
Reaction score
They were on the same label and listening to one or the other isn't mutually exclusive, what competition?

You just sound like an upset HAARP fan. Yes, what Misha did wasn't professional, but band members are people too. It's in the past, get over it. I understand Misha's intentions because people were blindly fanboying over this band and it's quite annoying when you know the truth.

Also, I have it on good authority that this band most likely won't exist anymore, so whatever.

I thought it was unprofessional when he talked shit about Chris Baretto too, and I didn't even like Chris Baretto (hated, actually).

Also, you're not the best person to come to his defense on this one since it's widely known that you pick certain bands on this forum and troll all of their threads.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

sakeido

Contributor
Reaction score
The shit you have pulled with HAARP on Facebook and here is not only unprofessional, but its just straight up bullshit. Someone with your clout and success in this genre should not be using their CONSIDERABLE reputation among the genre/community to shit talk other bands, regardless of the truth. You jumped on the rumours and BS everyone else had brought up and got your fanboys to fall in behind you and it was disgusting. It demonstrates a total lack of tact and discretion and, to be honest, as a musician it makes me not want to support your band anymore. I don't care what your motives were, when you are fucking BULB, you do not take a position. Its bad enough that you called them out on their recording techniques, but then you got wasted and attacked their Facebook. Jon Petrucci didn't get on here and criticize you publicly for using studio tricks on Periphery I. And he could have.

You're a grown ass man. Act like it.

Sucks about HAARP. Regardless of the truth Disclosure is an incredible record. :metal:

no big deal man. once upon a time Bulb was my hero. I even wanted to move to Washington to play in his Bulb song band he was considering like five years ago.

but in the end, it turned out he's pretty much a brown Dave Mustaine.

Alberto7

Living room guitarist. Ex-bedroom guitarist.
Contributor
Reaction score
This thread... :ugh: *gossip* Sub'd.

Jokes aside, I do like Al'smusic, but I've never really cared much for it. Nor did I know they weren't good live. I'd hate to work with someone like that (if that's really what he's like). Gotta go get up to date on this!

jawbreaker

Breakin' the jaw.
Reaction score
Well at least we still have Ordinance and Rudy is a fill in drummer for Lyle Cooper right now. So it's not all bad ;)
But still, i facking love The Haarp Machine. I'm glad I got to see them while I could.

anomynous

Reaction score
I wonder if Ollie will join Ordinance if they ever do anything again?

Since the whole no bassist thing and what not

Reaction score
Wowie zowie, there's a lot of butthurt in this thread.

I just hopped in here because this morning I saw, I think it was Metalsucks.net's facebook post about Ollie, Alex, and Mike leaving the band. :(
It's such a shame, I really liked Disclosure, seeing as Al Mu'min's guitar playing sounds somewhat Middle East influenced and it gave a different spin on the whole prog metal / djent scene. I've loved "Pleiadian Keys" since the instrumental was released.

I know he did stuff that was "studio magic", but why does that matter? If they put on a good show live, what's the big deal?

Granted I've not done all the research and stuff about this particular issue, but why is it everyone has to give an opinion and put other people down FOR their opinions? I just don't understand it.

And btw, it's pretty much confirmed that Alex is going to The Faceless.

eventhetrees

What's a Panini?
Reaction score
None of this surprises me. The fact that threads kept getting closed, YouTube comments deleted, people being blocked from posting on Haarp's page etc. Made it SO obvious, something, whatever it may be, was up.

On another note, Misha is just a dude in a band. You guys keep putting him on a pedestal, the things they mentioned on the forum was them just hinting at facts. The drunk thing on FB was mostly irrelevant conversation, it was hilarious for the most part. Some of it is not formal/professional yeah, but Misha has always just been himself all-throughout the years I've been following Bulb/Periphery. Misha probably should have just said nothing at all on the topic, but he was just acting as himself when he did, so yeah. nothing out of the ordinary is happening here at least with how I see it?

Doug N

Reaction score
It's not a big surprise that artists don't post on chat boards given the blowback here. If an artist gives his true unvarnished opinion on something he's raked over the coals and called unprofessional. Better to be like 99% of the other artists and just not participate. At that point all you'll get from artists are their boring, PR-friendly requests to "listen to my record", or "here's my gear rundown".

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
How long until this thread is locked?

Probably a while unless people start being idiots again :lol: Talking about something that happened is all good, the previous threads were closed because it was the same handful of people bitching about the same thing over and over and over. How many pages do we need with the same guys saying the same thing?

None of this surprises me. The fact that threads kept getting closed, YouTube comments deleted, people being blocked from posting on Haarp's page etc. Made it SO obvious, something, whatever it may be, was up.

Yeah dude it was a conspiracy, we were totally paid millions to stop pointless bickering about a band for 50 pages when it degenerated to a handful of guys posting the same shit over and over :facepalm:

That said it's a shame Al seems to have personal issues as the album was pretty damn sweet :2c:

anomynous

Reaction score
Wowie zowie, there's a lot of butthurt in this thread.

I know he did stuff that was "studio magic", but why does that matter? If they put on a good show live, what's the big deal?

They thing is that they don't.

At least Al doesn't.

Reaction score
They thing is that they don't.

At least Al doesn't.

Yeah, I'd read that they played the last show on one of their tours completely without him and it went over better than it usually did with him.

It's just a shame, honestly. I really did dig this band while it lasted, Semesky's cleans went so good with Mu'min's playing... *sigh*

TheOddGoat

Reaction score
Did you see this one that was on reddit?

I think his finger is just directly on the fret but I lol'd regardless.

goldsteinat0r

Zib Zob Zabbity
Reaction score
It's not a big surprise that artists don't post on chat boards given the blowback here. If an artist gives his true unvarnished opinion on something he's raked over the coals and called unprofessional. Better to be like 99% of the other artists and just not participate. At that point all you'll get from artists are their boring, PR-friendly requests to "listen to my record", or "here's my gear rundown".

Misha is a special case, IMO, because he started here, but it still would have been best to just stay out of it.

There were already enough rumors (true or not, I really don't know) that Al was "cheating" left and right. Misha just fanned the flames and then seemed to rally the troops against Al, so to speak. And now he's joking about getting enough people to egg him on to attack the FB page? :noplease:

With great music and popularity comes great responsibility, on both sides of the aisle, here.

eventhetrees

What's a Panini?
Reaction score
Yeah dude it was a conspiracy, we were totally paid millions to stop pointless bickering about a band for 50 pages when it degenerated to a handful of guys posting the same shit over and over :facepalm:

That said it's a shame Al seems to have personal issues as the album was pretty damn sweet :2c:

I wish you made your post before mine. I mostly meant it toward their facebook/YouTube moderation. I agree that the threads on here was just the same shit over and over and over, so fair enough dude!

Randy

✝✝✝
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Guerilla marketing yourself through social media is a double edged sword and should be handled as such. If an artist can post his "unvarnished opinion" on here with no counter point, what makes it any more useful than "listen to my record"? The guy comes in here and throws punches, we leave the thread open long enough until people start throwing them back and then we lock it to maintain civility. People bitch. So then we decide to leave the threads open and let EVERYBODY have an equal say on the matter and people still bitch.

Nobody complained when Bulb only posted NGDs and soundclips. Nobody complained when he posted Axe-Fx and POD presets, or told people details about upcoming tours and albums. Infact, all those things received positive feedback and probably didn't hurt in getting him where he is today (credit where credit is due, being very talented didn't hurt either).

If shit flinging isn't met with such great feedback, maybe "here's my gear rundown" isn't such a bad idea. I liked that guy a lot better anyway. :2c:

Reaction score
I love all the children in this thread who haven't realized that people who play in bands are the same as your stupid friends. Crying about unprofessionalism in a world that absolutely thrives on drama, negativity, fear and hatred is a mute point. Just be glad that you have a band member of one of the most prominent bands in the metal community that comes on a board and interacts with you. He speaks his mind on things, shows his new guitars, previews new material and overall opens himself up more than most musicians ever do. As someone mentioned earlier, this is why more artists don't get on the boards.

Reaction score
I love all the children in this thread who haven't realized that people who play in bands are the same as your stupid friends. Crying about unprofessionalism in a world that absolutely thrives on drama, negativity, fear and hatred is a mute point. Just be glad that you have a band member of one of the most prominent bands in the metal community that comes on a board and interacts with you. He speaks his mind on things, shows his new guitars, previews new material and overall opens himself up more than most musicians ever do. As someone mentioned earlier, this is why more artists don't get on the boards.

This.

I wish more famous guitarists would come on here and share techniques and stuff but frequent other forums and give their opinions on stuff.

I'd love to learn stuff from Josh Travis, but I'm sure people would bitch about how "omg his pitch shifting sounds like shit" or "who da fuq uses that tuning?" :noplease:

I think Bulb's a great guitarist, and when he posts, it's usually something knowledgeable. Giving him shit for posting something that bothers him is stupid and just as unprofessional.

Let he who is perfect cast the first stone. Judge not lest ye be judged yourself.

')