The HAARP Machine Megathread

1000 Eyes

Reaction score
I love all the children in this thread who haven't realized that people who play in bands are the same as your stupid friends. Crying about unprofessionalism in a world that absolutely thrives on drama, negativity, fear and hatred is a mute point. Just be glad that you have a band member of one of the most prominent bands in the metal community that comes on a board and interacts with you. He speaks his mind on things, shows his new guitars, previews new material and overall opens himself up more than most musicians ever do. As someone mentioned earlier, this is why more artists don't get on the boards.

Utter drivel.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

dmruschell

Reaction score
Mike actually has his own band called Rest Among Ruins. Now this is relevant because my singer is also the singer of ToTheArk which is Dewsif Stalin's band. Drewsif is neighbors with Mike and also produces the music of Rest Among Ruins. According to my singer (who literally just texted me this), Drew has had to cancel the last few viocal recording session for the ToTheArk full-length so he can mix with Mike by a certain date.

Judging by this, Mike is probably trying to get Rest Among Ruins ready to be shown to Sumerian so he can get the band signed. This is GREAT news because RAR is a pretty damn good band and I might be auditioning for their vacant second guitar slot :evil:

I'm the reason there is that vacant guitar spot. I was engineering and producing the record, along with tracking ALL the guitars and bass for it before I left in 2011 (Nathan-bass left before we started tracking and Henry-guitar left halfway through tracking, leaving me to do all of it along with teaching Ben and the new bassist all of the parts). I have had probably 70% of the album (along with all of the demos) sitting on my computer for the last few years just waiting for them to redo everything and get it released. I hope it lives up to the potential that it had back when we were creating all of it.

Randy

✝✝✝
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I love all the children in this thread who haven't realized that people who play in bands are the same as your stupid friends. Crying about unprofessionalism in a world that absolutely thrives on drama, negativity, fear and hatred is a mute point. Just be glad that you have a band member of one of the most prominent bands in the metal community that comes on a board and interacts with you. He speaks his mind on things, shows his new guitars, previews new material and overall opens himself up more than most musicians ever do. As someone mentioned earlier, this is why more artists don't get on the boards.

Right, we're the only ones who benefit from Bulb being on this forum. I'm sure he hasn't sold a single album, piece of merch or concert ticket because of his involvement here (and other places). :rolleyes:

What's sad it, it's usually me on the other side having to "defend" locking things down when an artist starts posting controversial stuff on here (for their own protection). The fact is, when people like Bulb shit-fling in this board, threads get completely out of control (going up by several pages at a time, personal attacks, etc.) and we get mountains of reported posts what we have to tend to. In essence, it's like trolling because he get's to come in, light the match and the moderators are the ones left here to clean up.

Fred the Shred, Francesco and Letchford are all artists who benefit from posting on here. They answer PMs, they post advice and help out people all the time. I don't get nearly the same number of complaints or other annoying reports when they post, because they know well enough to keep their posts clean. You can be an asset to the community without trying to be the National Djentquirer.

I disagree with shit flinging as a whole but if you want to do it, keeping it on Facebook is probably a better choice. :2c:

And I personally find the practice "unprofessional" because Bulb knows his words carry a lot more weight than the average poster on here. I don't remember the last time *random poster* said something negative on here and the thread EXPLODED to 100 views in 2 minutes and was inundated with several dozen defensive posts. Trolling a band or a specific guy, when you know you have that power, is irresponsible, it's unprofessional, and it's inconsiderate toward those of us that need to tend to the mess.

eventhetrees

What's a Panini?
Reaction score
This.

I wish more famous guitarists would come on here and share techniques and stuff but frequent other forums and give their opinions on stuff.

I'd love to learn stuff from Josh Travis, but I'm sure people would bitch about how "omg his pitch shifting sounds like shit" or "who da fuq uses that tuning?" :noplease:

I think Bulb's a great guitarist, and when he posts, it's usually something knowledgeable. Giving him shit for posting something that bothers him is stupid and just as unprofessional.

Let he who is perfect cast the first stone. Judge not lest ye be judged yourself.

Josh makes occasional posts here and there. If you catch him at a show, talk to him, he's a very knowledgeable dude. I know you used him as a random example, but yeah, from what I gather, when he's not on tour, he's locked up in a room writing/recording, which is admirable, he's able to enable "hermit" mode and get shit done. A skill I wish I had :(

Mexi

Reaction score
Nah I wasn't talking about you. I dont mind what you have to say cuz that's like...your opinion...man

the dude abides

on topic though, too bad to hear about the HAARP Machine, despite what people say about the studio magic, I like what Al Mu'min did for the feel of the record. I'm sure this event is a little humbling but I think it's in the best interests of all parties to just start fresh.

Randy

✝✝✝
Super Moderator
Reaction score
This.

I wish more famous guitarists would come on here and share techniques and stuff but frequent other forums and give their opinions on stuff.

I'd love to learn stuff from Josh Travis, but I'm sure people would bitch about how "omg his pitch shifting sounds like shit" or "who da fuq uses that tuning?" :noplease:

I think Bulb's a great guitarist, and when he posts, it's usually something knowledgeable. Giving him shit for posting something that bothers him is stupid and just as unprofessional.

Let he who is perfect cast the first stone. Judge not lest ye be judged yourself.

The policy is to ban or lock anytime somebody aimlessly shit talks.

The goal of this forum is to share ideas and maintain civility. NaYoN, DLG, 7 Strings of Hate, and probably another dozen people (see banned users thread) have been banned on multiple occasions for going into threads and saying "that guy sucks" "their music is garbage" etc. etc.

What a strange post. On one end you're complaining about people being afraid to post here because they'll be zerg'd and just a few words later, you're defending the right of people to talk shit...?

How about another hypothetical. What if Al Mu'min would like to post here but he's afraid that he'll get ripped apart by another high profile member? Nope, no way that'd ever happen or chase anybody off.

Reaction score
Josh makes occasional posts here and there. If you catch him at a show, talk to him, he's a very knowledgeable dude. I know you used him as a random example, but yeah, from what I gather, when he's not on tour, he's locked up in a room writing/recording, which is admirable, he's able to enable "hermit" mode and get shit done. A skill I wish I had :(

Yeah, semi-random. Had to think of a guitarist from a band that either people really like or really hate, and people either really like Glass Cloud / Tony Danza or they really hate it. :fawk:

I'd love to meet him, but the closest GC has ever been to where I live was like a 5 hour drive :noplease: I'd catch them on tour this year but they're touring with Silverstein and Issues, two bands I really can't fucking stand... LMTF isn't that bad though. I was tempted to try and buy lessons from him as well, but you know, 5 hour drive + 60$ for like an hour long lesson = one expensive-ass trip

Sorry about the off-topic-ness, Mods. :lol:

uh... brown people

NaYoN

Heavy Blog Is Heavy
Reaction score
The policy is to ban or lock anytime somebody aimlessly shit talks.

The goal of this forum is to share ideas and maintain civility. NaYoN, DLG, 7 Strings of Hate, and probably another dozen people (see banned users thread) have been banned on multiple occasions for going into threads and saying "that guy sucks" "their music is garbage" etc. etc.

What a strange post. On one end you're complaining about people being afraid to post here because they'll be zerg'd and just a few words later, you're defending the right of people to talk shit...?

How about another hypothetical. What if Al Mu'min would like to post here but he's afraid that he'll get ripped apart by another high profile member? Nope, no way that'd ever happen or chase anybody off.

I have been banned 0 times, I have received a warning one time. Other than that and this specific band, I'm not really negative. On 10 pages of my comments, I've only been very negative in this thread and stated a preference for older After The Burial albums. Other than that, nothing really. But I'll be more positive in the future.

As for the topic, Lyle left The Faceless because, quote: "Over the last couple of years it seemed that the interests, goals and musical approach of the band was not that of my own. Also, managerial issues became too frequent with no resolution."

Also, for the record, it's still not guaranteed that Alex will join The Faceless. He filled in for them once. As for The HAARP Machine, considering Make Me Famous had similar lineup hurdles and Sumerian dropped them like hot potatoes even though they make way more money than Haarp, I would assume that Al's contract might come to a swift end soon. Those are the facts, I'd rather not state my opinion.

Last edited:

MythicSquirrel

#menswear
Reaction score
Read about the breakup on MetalSucks and came here to post about it and then I read the last few pages of this thread...
Sc3MgrN.gif

anomynous

Reaction score
Does he have any other bands he's actively in right now?

Ordinance and Climaxes, but those are side projects I guess.

Ordinance seems to be on hiatus, and Climaxes has Evan Brewer in it, and have only released two songs.

Reaction score
The shit you have pulled with HAARP on Facebook and here is not only unprofessional, but its just straight up bullshit. Someone with your clout and success in this genre should not be using their CONSIDERABLE reputation among the genre/community to shit talk other bands, regardless of the truth. You jumped on the rumours and BS everyone else had brought up and got your fanboys to fall in behind you and it was disgusting. It demonstrates a total lack of tact and discretion and, to be honest, as a musician it makes me not want to support your band anymore. I don't care what your motives were, when you are fucking BULB, you do not take a position. Its bad enough that you called them out on their recording techniques, but then you got wasted and attacked their Facebook. Jon Petrucci didn't get on here and criticize you publicly for using studio tricks on Periphery I. And he could have.

You're a grown ass man. Act like it.

Sucks about HAARP. Regardless of the truth Disclosure is an incredible record. :metal:

I disagree about the part where you say Misha got his fanboys to fall in behind him.

As a fan of the Haarp Machines music I was interested in hearing about the recording techniques no matter who pointed them out.

Eptaceros

Wayfarer
Reaction score
"How dare you Misha??? How can a god like you say such bad things? No, this can't be true! Santa is real1!!!!!"

- crying about professionalism in heavy metal. half of you sound like Tipper Gore right now.

This genre's gone so goddamn soft it's embarrassing. Keep doing what you're doing Misha! Nobody should tell you what's wrong and what's right.

Randy

✝✝✝
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have been banned 0 times, I have received a warning one time. Other than that and this specific band, I'm not really negative.

You're right and I jumped to a conclusion just because we've disagreed with eachother before, so my bad and I apologize.

Randy

✝✝✝
Super Moderator
Reaction score
"How dare you Misha??? How can a god like you say such bad things? No, this can't be true! Santa is real1!!!!!"

- crying about professionalism in heavy metal. half of you sound like Tipper Gore right now.

This genre's gone so goddamn soft it's embarrassing. Keep doing what you're doing Misha! Nobody should tell you what's wrong and what's right.

If that's the way you guys want, game on.

Just like everybody else that gets banned for trolling, Bulb will get it too. :yesway: No double standard here, then.

Apparently some of you have forgotten that there are rules around here to maintain civility. If you're interested in name calling, there are a few other forums that are rather popular for their lack of moderation. Feel free to visit them. :wavey:

Razzy

[10]
Reaction score
But wouldn't he just mime throwing gasoline? :ugh:

On a serious note, do you think he might try to continue playing shows but to a full band backing track?

But then what if he gets sick or breaks a string? Will they then just play the album from an MP3 player through the PA?

')