The HAARP Machine Megathread

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

goldsteinat0r

Zib Zob Zabbity
Reaction score
And who are you again?? Why do you think its perfectly fine to throw your hat in the ring, then point at others and bitch?
Your doing excatly what your accusing him of doing.

Theres only 1 thing you can do. Be responsible for your own behavior. If you dont like seeing something ugly said, dont follow it up by doing it yourself and act like you have a leg to stand on.:spock:

I swear, kids these days :lol:

Nobody gives a fuck about me, I'm just an angry, slightly disenfranchised fan trying to be a voice of reason. I can't influence people's opinions on a large scale.

I did not post anything in the HAARP shitstorms about the vari-speeding shit. I didn't join in because the whole discussion was horseshit and not worth the effort, but it pissed me off when the pitchforks came out with Misha in the lead.

And who the fuck are you calling "kid?" :lol:

anomynous

Reaction score
Supposedly Al commented here about this situation

Scroll down about 2/3 down the page

Robert Percy said:
The burning the house down thing is correct, I was told it by a friend of the person who was on the recieving end of that threat. The person who was threatened was the frontman of a British metalcore band and the ex-frontman of a really well known British thrash/speed metal type band.

Al Mu'Min said:
Incorrect on all counts. Hearsay, I gather, is your idea of substantial evidence to make such claims? You appear far too often on internet I must add too, dispel yourself for your own good. My qualms with my former bandmates are very little to do with my alleged dangerous nature and more to do with musical direction. Yes, whilst I concede to my ardent detractors that I'm not tightest of all players live I should add the songs on the album are quite difficult to pull off in a live context and I would honestly prefer a little support and positivity amongst my 'metal' brethren. I wish you all a good day. Evidently my day has been ruined by this loss but I wish not for myself not to wallow in self-doubt and sorrow.

isispelican

Reaction score
just because bulb or anyone for that matter has a lot of influence doesnt mean that he cant fully express himself, get serious are you really trying to tell him what to do?

im glad alex left because he is very talented and is suited for much greater stuff!

goldsteinat0r

Zib Zob Zabbity
Reaction score
just because bulb or anyone for that matter has a lot of influence doesnt mean that he cant fully express himself, get serious are you really trying to tell him what to do?

im glad alex left because he is very talented and is suited for much greater stuff!

I'm calling him a douchebag for what he did, not telling him what to do.

CloudAC

Chaz
Reaction score
Whilst I don't know everything about the situation that's surrounded these past few months, and im sure plenty will disagree with me, I do feel like he should have been cut a little slack in the live department.

I feel that so many people jumped down Al's throat when they seen that he was having difficulty performing his music on his FIRST TOUR with the band because he was bigged up to be 'the next Tosin'. He was destined to fail the moment these statements started spreading. Sure, he's making mistakes but they are emphasized so much more when you have all these crazy expectations. As many of you know, there are a lot of key factors that are involved when performing live other than technical ability, a lot of which improve over time as live experience increases.

I'm not saying its not his own fault too though, I mean shooting that Strandberg commercial and getting signed before even playing a proper bunch of shows with your new lineup... More and more expectations. But come on now, if you managed to score a deal with Sumerian AND Strandberg early into your bands career, would you take it? Of course you would, cause that's one lucky opportunity you may not get again.

He's a great songwriter though IMO, something you can not 'fake' or 'cheat'. :) hopefully he will be back in the future with a better perspective.

TheOddGoat

Reaction score
X3Sgf51.png

:squint:

7 Strings of Hate

Mid-Level Asshole
Contributor
Reaction score
Whilst I don't know everything about the situation that's surrounded these past few months, and im sure plenty will disagree with me, I do feel like he should have been cut a little slack in the live department.

I feel that so many people jumped down Al's throat when they seen that he was having difficulty performing his music on his FIRST TOUR with the band because he was bigged up to be 'the next Tosin'. He was destined to fail the moment these statements started spreading. Sure, he's making mistakes but they are emphasized so much more when you have all these crazy expectations. As many of you know, there are a lot of key factors that are involved when performing live other than technical ability, a lot of which improve over time as live experience increases.

I'm not saying its not his own fault too though, I mean shooting that Strandberg commercial and getting signed before even playing a proper bunch of shows with your new lineup... More and more expectations. But come on now, if you managed to score a deal with Sumerian AND Strandberg early into your bands career, would you take it? Of course you would, cause that's one lucky opportunity you may not get again.

He's a great songwriter though IMO, something you can not 'fake' or 'cheat'. :) hopefully he will be back in the future with a better perspective.

He should be cut no slack. Like the rest of the world, when you choose to take money to be a performer, you should not overbill yourself and thats what he did.

In addition, I surely wouldnt accept an endorsment deal and get signed when i knew damn well i didnt have the real skill to back it up and it was just a matter of time till everyone called me on my shit.

Loomer

Comfortably Dumb
Reaction score
Bulb is a dude. Just like everyone else. I can't see the issue with him stating his opinion just like everyone else, because it's not like he's famous or anything. He's just a sorta big deal around here, in this little subgenre prevalent on this little forum.

If it were someone huge like... I dunno Lady Gaga going "lol do u even lift, losers!?!??" at One Direction then yeah, there might be something to it, but here I really don't see why special rules should apply to Misha or anyone else for that matter.

Calling the fanbase impressionable is probable spot-on, but Misha shouldn't really be held responsible for it if someone has an underdeveloped Develop-your-own-opinion Gland.

TheFerryMan

Sauvage
Reaction score
Sucks That this happened. I really enjoy Disclosure, it was an awesome album, prolly one of my favs from the past year

also is it bad that i read these words while hearing the instrumental version of esoteric agenda?
Originally Posted by Al Mu'Min
Incorrect on all counts. Hearsay, I gather, is your idea of substantial evidence to make such claims? You appear far too often on internet I must add too, dispel yourself for your own good. My qualms with my former bandmates are very little to do with my alleged dangerous nature and more to do with musical direction. Yes, whilst I concede to my ardent detractors that I'm not tightest of all players live I should add the songs on the album are quite difficult to pull off in a live context and I would honestly prefer a little support and positivity amongst my 'metal' brethren. I wish you all a good day. Evidently my day has been ruined by this loss but I wish not for myself not to wallow in self-doubt and sorrow.

I'm sorry.

Veldar

Is Post-Thrash?
Reaction score
When I woke up today I didn't know who the haarp machine were and now I know everything about them, this is why I love seven string forums. :)

')