The HAARP Machine Megathread

skisgaar

Master-debatur
Reaction score
Not to mention, Misha was a member of this community, long before Periphery got signed. Why would he stop contributing just because of that, or because his words may upset one or two people? I'm sure he doesn't think his word is more important than anyone else anyway.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Loomer

Comfortably Dumb
Reaction score
Not to mention, Misha was a member of this community, long before Periphery got signed. Why would he stop contributing just because of that, or because his words may upset one or two people? I'm sure he doesn't think his word is more important than anyone else anyway.

Shit, I remember him posting that Glints Collide cover and the other shit waaay before Periphery was anything other than a geometrical term over at the Meshuggah forums :lol:

God I feel old....

MetalBuddah

0000 00 0 0 00 000
Reaction score
I am really tempted to buy this shirt now lol

The HAARP Machine - Religion Shirt
thm_spaceshirt_large.jpg

Loomer

Comfortably Dumb
Reaction score
This dude actually put a photo of himself in sunglasses on a t-shirt with "Music Is My Religion" on the backprint!?

If this is true he deserves everything that's coming to him because that's some straight Kanye-crazy shit.

Xiphos68

Reaction score
One of the things he did that caught me off guard, was that Interview he did with Ola on the *Strandberg Varberg and he has that whole crazy background going on behind him. It was hard for me to take him seriously... I mean what is the point of it?

Rook

Electrifying
Reaction score
One of the things he did that caught me off guard, was that Interview he did with Ola on the *Strandberg Varberg and he has that whole crazy background going on behind him. It was hard for me to take him seriously... I mean what is the point of it?

Thing that made me laugh about that is how he talks about being cutting age and pushing into the future screw the past, and he's sitting next to what looks like a 60's style AC30 :lol:

I'm sort of disappointed there's not more HAARP but my reaction was sort of 'Aaah no... Ah well. Oh Chipotle, I'll have a burrito with brown rice, pinto beans, chicken, extra hot, sour cream and cheese. £7.85? Thanks. Now where was I... Oh yes I was living my life'

What was the point of this post again?

Rick

ALL HAIL DJOD
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Thing that made me laugh about that is how he talks about being cutting age and pushing into the future screw the past, and he's sitting next to what looks like a 60's style AC30 :lol:

I'm sort of disappointed there's not more HAARP but my reaction was sort of 'Aaah no... Ah well. Oh Chipotle, I'll have a burrito with brown rice, pinto beans, chicken, extra hot, sour cream and cheese. £7.85? Thanks. Now where was I... Oh yes I was living my life'

What was the point of this post again?

Well, you wrote it. :lol:

Renen

Reaction score
Wow Alex left Threat Signal and now he left Haarp. I hope he gets a band he can stick with and make some awesome music in.

As for The Haarp Machine I think it can and should carry on because Al wrote all the parts anyway. If not I will be looking forward to what he puts out in the future. I loved Disclosure.

Lorcan Ward

7slinger
Reaction score
This weeks Buzz words are "Invictus Guitars" and "The Haarp Machine"

I just went for a drive an hour ago and tried to listen to Disclosure but Periphery pt:II was inside the case.

Randy

✝✝✝
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Bulb is a dude. Just like everyone else. I can't see the issue with him stating his opinion just like everyone else, because it's not like he's famous or anything. He's just a sorta big deal around here, in this little subgenre prevalent on this little forum.

If it were someone huge like... I dunno Lady Gaga going "lol do u even lift, losers!?!??" at One Direction then yeah, there might be something to it, but here I really don't see why special rules should apply to Misha or anyone else for that matter.

Calling the fanbase impressionable is probable spot-on, but Misha shouldn't really be held responsible for it if someone has an underdeveloped Develop-your-own-opinion Gland.

As I said several times in this thread, trolling is a locking/bankable offense. If anything, Bulb got cut a lot if slack for what he said in the other threads, coordinated with the facebook stuff.

If you look at it from my perspective, as a moderator, my sole responsibility is to making sure this forum doesn't go to shit with people leveraging personal attacks against one another and my PM box filling up. That's three different threads that got oversaturated with crap and we were getting post reported left and right.

You're free to have your opinion as to whether or not you agree with everyone's complaints but I got enough "thank god that's over"s to indicate locking those threads was necessary and appropriate. Likewise, the cluster fuck the last few pages have been with offtopic infighting is confirmation enough for me.

On a personal note, I enjoyed the album but I agreed entirely on the issues with the failure to deliver live, and all the ego drama. At this point, I'm hoping this dies and I get to lock my last HAARP Machine battle orgy.

Fluxx

Reaction score
A retort to dislikes towards one's own art and behaviour with such language Al Mu'Min is attempting to use would be a lot more thought provoking and impressionable if it made sense beyond sounding like a hell-bent effort to use inappropriate words in reverse order to conventional English in order to cover up the egoism and fallacies that this man has been trying to blind people with.

Al, you are no doubt a fantastic writer of music, and I quite enjoyed your album (I even liked it enough to pay for it!), but your behaviour overshadows any respect I could have garnered for you as a musician or as a person willing to post on a discussion forum who would presumably be open to discussing things, as the name of such a thing suggests.

The only person trying to blind the sheep here appears to be too egocentric to realize that this is a situation of the 'pot calling the kettle black'. Keep writing good tunes and keep your 'peon bashing' behaviour out of the political side of things, and you will probably enjoy some success.

valder

Reaction score
Incorrect on all counts. Hearsay, I gather, is your idea of substantial evidence to make such claims? You appear far too often on internet I must add too, dispel yourself for your own good. My qualms with my former bandmates are very little to do with my alleged dangerous nature and more to do with musical direction. Yes, whilst I concede to my ardent detractors that I'm not tightest of all players live I should add the songs on the album are quite difficult to pull off in a live context and I would honestly prefer a little support and positivity amongst my 'metal' brethren. I wish you all a good day. Evidently my day has been ruined by this loss but I wish not for myself not to wallow in self-doubt and sorrow.

Now I understand why the lyrics are so terrible

')