The HAARP Machine Megathread

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

mos

Slappa Da Bass
Reaction score
Thats terrible to hear. One of the shows that we're doing on the TesseracT, AAL and BTBAM tour in the US had them on the bill. Damn.

The US embassy is not allowed to disclose why they deny you entry. On TesseracT's first tour of the US our manager was denied entry. The odd thing was, he'd spent nearly 4 months in the US before, so it could only have been a minor speeding ticket he got whilst in the US, which was paid. His request is STILL pending, lol.

If you get a red flag on your record, and don't have a solicitor to sort it out, you're fucked.

We have to go back to the US embassy this month to re-new our visas. Even though we're all clean, its still a shit scary process.

drmosh

Sir Paul of the Mosh
Contributor
Reaction score
Honestly, knowing why 87% of bands get denied...the probably got got with a bit of weed crossing the border somewhere.

I highly doubt they would try and take weed from the UK into the US, and I don't know if they have access to further police records (i.e. have they been caught going into france with weed).

Possibly they just had the wrong type of visa for what they were wanting to do, i.e. make money touring.

This is all speculation though

Lon

drop it like its G#!
Reaction score
I highly doubt they would try and take weed from the UK into the US, and I don't know if they have access to further police records (i.e. have they been caught going into france with weed).

Possibly they just had the wrong type of visa for what they were wanting to do, i.e. make money touring.

This is all speculation though

Its enough if you get busted with weed at SOME border of the world, if they get wind of it, you're screwed, and a fair bit of randomness seems to be involved, although they maybe have tried to get into the us with tourist visas, this would certainly be easier if you could hide the professional-touring-moneymaking part from the gov' :lol:

drmosh

Sir Paul of the Mosh
Contributor
Reaction score
Its enough if you get busted with weed at SOME border of the world, if they get wind of it, you're screwed, and a fair bit of randomness seems to be involved

I'm really not sure the US border control has access to national police information like that.

Lon

drop it like its G#!
Reaction score
I'm really not sure the US border control has access to national police information like that.
Its scary how much information can be dug up if you just wanna know it bad enough, and maybe the Identity-Check-Employees are actually scared of terrorists? And you know, arab guy playing guitar in a "heavy-metal"-band, this is maybe even worse than if he'd want to check in with a bombvest.

NO RACIST IMPLICATIONS meant here, just crackin a joke.

maybe this needs a new entry in the touring band handbook... dispose of weed before border, aquire new stuff after it

AND: as the UK and US goverments are pretty much really good buddies, if one of the band just had a minor offence with violence (ya know, he just punched the bloke who tried to pull the lass he was banging) its gone

Goatchrist

Reaction score
Fuck man that sucks!!!

Too good we don't have this problems in Europe.. for everyone in the USA... I'm deeply sorry.

DLG

not guthrie govan
Reaction score
this sadly happens all the time. Glen who does ProgPower USA talks about it all of the time. He's had bands denied for no reason many times, which makes it really hard on him, especially since all his bands are usually exclusive shows and there are a lot of people going to see just them. I know that Vanden Plas was denied entry earlier and so was Andre Matos' band, that's a band from Germany and one from Brazil, so there really is no rhyme or reason, a lot of the time it is pretty random.

sucks though either way.

chronocide

Total Grind Hell
Reaction score
Getting visas for bands to play over here can be a challenge, I fully imagine it's much worse in the US - having some friends who've fallen foul of it for fairly innocuous reasons. Though I'm obviously quite sure plenty bands get them refused for unsurprising reasons and just prefer not to let fans now why and leave them to assume heavy-handedness on the part of the US.

gunshow86de

Beef Jerky Time
Reaction score
I know why the HAARP Machine was denied entry to US, but you'll have to put this on first.

ali2.jpg

vampiregenocide

Reaction score
If any of them had any sort of criminal record they wouldn't be allowed in. I can't remember who it was but last year a band was going to tour Canada but one of them had a minor offence from years back and so they weren't allowed.

DVRP

The HUMANCENTiPAD
Reaction score
If any of them had any sort of criminal record they wouldn't be allowed in. I can't remember who it was but last year a band was going to tour Canada but one of them had a minor offence from years back and so they weren't allowed.

Born of Osiris has been denied entry here several times for that exact reason. Just something minor from the past. Normally its up to the discretion of the person letting them in ie border guards and what have you. (Thats only at borders though, not international flights)

adrock

long ball larry!
Reaction score
yeah, this really sucks. i'm building a guitar for Al, and have been trying to get it done soon so he can play it on the tour. i hope they can get in somehow...

SirMyghin

The Dirt Guy
Contributor
Reaction score

This, Ross likely has it (no surprise there). I actually had an area band (that I don't know) ask me (and I am going to wager a few other local bassists) if I could stand in for a few US shows :lol:. My immediate response (internally) was hmm, their bassist is probably a felon.

Jango

Reaction score
That sucks...doubt I'll be going to the tour now. I like Fleshgod and RoS, but I really wanted to see HAARP and the other 2 aren't enough to pull me in.

Enselmis

Reaction score
That sucks...doubt I'll be going to the tour now. I like Fleshgod and RoS, but I really wanted to see HAARP and the other 2 aren't enough to pull me in.

You'd skip Decapitated? Really? :nuts:

JamesM

The Armada
Reaction score
yeah, this really sucks. i'm building a guitar for Al, and have been trying to get it done soon so he can play it on the tour. i hope they can get in somehow...

Right. :(

Nesty

Reaction score
I got warned by the police for urinating in the street lol..it's not a criminal offence though

You guys reckon that could prevent me from getting a visa for the USA?

')