The HAARP Machine Megathread

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

lava

Gelatinous
Reaction score
Well fuck, I guess there goes my chance of becoming a succesful guitarist..

There are plenty of successful musicians with horrible pitch. Whether or not they are skilled musicians is another thing. And if you're a guitarist, as long as you know how to tune your guitar you're probably okay. Vocals might be another story...

JEngelking

Gravity is Shifting!
Reaction score
That was awesome. Al even givin' out high fives there. :D Man oh man this lineup needs to stay, the good vibes that I get off all the recent tour videos just make me smile, so much fun to watch. :)

RagtimeDandy

On a Musical Journey
Reaction score
Did anyone ask Al if the Sitar and Koto on the record are real or VST/Synths?

If they're VSTs I wanna know where they came from. :lol:

Seriously, this. I've been incorporating a decent amount of Sitar and other world instruments into my writing via VST and I'd love some high quality ones. Only thing is that Al is credited as "Guitar/Sitar/Koto" in the CD liner notes so I have a hunch he might actually play the instruments? Only thing is the Sitar doesn't sound very "full" like a real one would, but that could be production

goldsteinat0r

Zib Zob Zabbity
Reaction score
Seriously, this. I've been incorporating a decent amount of Sitar and other world instruments into my writing via VST and I'd love some high quality ones. Only thing is that Al is credited as "Guitar/Sitar/Koto" in the CD liner notes so I have a hunch he might actually play the instruments? Only thing is the Sitar doesn't sound very "full" like a real one would, but that could be production

:metal:

Yeah I noticed that too, and it would make sense given his background, but during the whole shitstorm like 2 threads ago somebody said something cryptic (lol) about how he "doesn't own or have access to such instruments," so I was just curious.

RagtimeDandy

On a Musical Journey
Reaction score
:metal:

Yeah I noticed that too, and it would make sense given his background, but during the whole shitstorm like 2 threads ago somebody said something cryptic (lol) about how he "doesn't own or have access to such instruments," so I was just curious.

If I had to take a guess it's that same guy that kept claiming he had inside info and got all 4th grade "TOLD YOU SO!" (despite not actually saying anything in the first place...) when the new lineup was announced or revealed.

My point is, take it was a grain of salt :lalala:

Al is obviously a talented guy so I wouldn't be shocked if he did in fact play those instruments. After all, the koto usage is pretty basic so I doubt someone proficient at music in general would have too much difficulty learning a relatively simple part. The sitar work on the other hand seems decently difficult so that's another story. I guess we'll find out the day Al stops being so damn cryptic :lol:

Fat-Elf

Banned
Reaction score
Yeah he seems like a very serious person but still willing to answer questions.

Yeah and I think something like that is not a business secret or anything even though he have got so much shit about the production methods of the Disclosure.

lava

Gelatinous
Reaction score
Did you guys see the poll that Sumerian posted on all of their bands' Facebook pages? "Which two Sumerian bands do you want to see collaborate together?"

One of the options is "The HAARP Machine/Guitar Pro". I kid you not.

xethicx

Banned
Reaction score
I checked these guys out when I heard Alex Rudinger was in the band. Ive been following him since he submitted a demo to Neuraxis and since then Ive really dug his work. Ordinance is still my favourite work of his although it is very exciting to see him in the faceless.

I never really pay attention as to whos in and out of bands globally unless its a band I am a huge fan of and even then,,, meh. But when I looked into this band a bit more I noticed they have no members and it is just one dude at this point?

I dont want to read 30 pages, can someone give me the simple quick point form version of whats up with this band, what happened and if there will be another record?

RagtimeDandy

On a Musical Journey
Reaction score
I checked these guys out when I heard Alex Rudinger was in the band. Ive been following him since he submitted a demo to Neuraxis and since then Ive really dug his work. Ordinance is still my favourite work of his although it is very exciting to see him in the faceless.

I never really pay attention as to whos in and out of bands globally unless its a band I am a huge fan of and even then,,, meh. But when I looked into this band a bit more I noticed they have no members and it is just one dude at this point?

I dont want to read 30 pages, can someone give me the simple quick point form version of whats up with this band, what happened and if there will be another record?

Everyone but Al, the composer and founder, quit the band due to personal differences. Shit storm aside (mostly forum side) it all appears to be pretty civil. Al's now got hired guns from Ever Forthright and a guy from Ireland on drums for touring. He said he's already got another album finished and the guys from Ever Forthright certainly aren't against staying in the band, but Ever Forthright is their "baby". So at this point it's technically just Al with a finished album waiting for other people to hop on board. There's been no official announcement for an album to be recorded any time soon so don't expect one any time soon, but aside from people leaving the band/project is very much alive and well :yesway:

Opion

Sir Mattafer
Reaction score
Did you guys see the poll that Sumerian posted on all of their bands' Facebook pages? "Which two Sumerian bands do you want to see collaborate together?"

One of the options is "The HAARP Machine/Guitar Pro". I kid you not.

OH. MY. FUCKING. GOD.

So good.

')