The Heavy Metal Ninjas (NZ ibby shredders)

• Thread starter xCaptainx
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

7soundz

Reaction score
I am not sure if anyone has posted anything on this band but they sound pretty good. A Steve Vai influence in the lead playing is very discernable.

*Edit* - I Did a search but nothing came up about this band. Thanks for merging my post..

Cosmic Junglist

Reaction score
There's not a shadow of a doubt that they writing some seriously tasty jams
Richie Allen has got licks for days!

The What If video went private so here's another :hbang:

xCaptainx

Dr Djodson
Reaction score
Necro-bump action going on here, but this latest HMN playthrough is sick. This is one of my favourite songs on the CD.

1.50 to 2.25 is chop-central haha. So sick.

dan0151

Reaction score
just caught wind of these guys...awesome so had to go and find the album

Nour Ayasso

Reaction score
Just found these guys while I was on a Vildhjarta spree. Boy am I surprised, such creative and different style of lead. Everything just seems so layed back but still grooving hard. Pretty interesting discovery nonetheless

slapnutz

Reaction score
Some more vids Ritchie posted up recently. Just love his lead playing over such heavy riffs.

Also have so much man love for his circular vibrato technique.:bowdown:

Nour Ayasso

Reaction score
Really happy he did a play through for "Istagey" the whole ambient-groove chorus in the middle of the song is interesting. I've also been wondering how he played that solo, then again how DIDN'T I know he played that with the tremolo bar :lol:

mdeeRocks

Reaction score
Just found these guys while I was on a Vildhjarta spree. Boy am I surprised, such creative and different style of lead. Everything just seems so layed back but still grooving hard. Pretty interesting discovery nonetheless
I'd not exactly call it "creative", he borrows a lot (including vibrato) from Steve Vai. Which is a good thing. Great band!

HoneyNut

Regular
Reaction score
I'd not exactly call it "creative", he borrows a lot (including vibrato) from Steve Vai. Which is a good thing. Great band!

Even if he is borrowing, he is applying those techniques right. I think he has morphed Vai's approach into his own. The note choices are absolutely Richie Allen.

I'm surprised he isn't mentioned much around SSO ... as yet. He is regarded highly as a player in NZ.

putnut77

Reaction score
I think he's a fantastic player. I love his note choice, and his vibrato is awesome. Similar to Vai, but not the same.

Latest posts

')