The Human Abstract Megathread!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

concertjunkie

Reaction score
new cd is the (.)(.) Pure effin gold, especially with AJ back in the mix. Cant get over how frickin good this cd is :D

MikeH

Bring the gain
Reaction score
They put on one hell of a show. Although AJ was a bit on the arrogant side. And he was a bit sloppy. Overall, they sounded good, though. The new album will be great.

Metalus

JP BFR Whore
Reaction score
How so? Was he arrogant when you were talking to him? Ive heard hes a shy dude

MikeH

Bring the gain
Reaction score
Whenever I was talking to him, he would leave conversation frequently to talk to the vocalist. Maybe it's just his temperament, but he kinda gave that vibe off. Also, when people were talking to him after he finished taking all of his stuff down, he didn't pay any mind to them at all.

ROAR

oaf tobar
Reaction score
^Probably not, but I loved it.

And that's not odd to hear about AJ being like that.
I've seen a lot of shows where some bands just kind of
want to be left alone. He seems like a pretty shy dude.
Though i could be far off base.

Larrikin666

Deadite
Reaction score
Although AJ was a bit on the arrogant side. And he was a bit sloppy.

Neither of those things apply to when we opened for them on the 28th. AJ stood there with me and talked about gear for close to an hour before the show. His eyes lit up when I mentioned that I used an Axe-FX live. He was very gracious humble when my drummer and I talked about how excited we were to see him back in the band.

Also, neither him nor Dean missed a single note during their set. You must have caught them on a bad night. They both plug straight into the PA, so you'd definitely hear a mistake.

Lukifer

Need more gain
Reaction score
I cant say anything about AJ but when Andrew was still in he talked to me fo a good while, I talked to Nathan also for about 30 minutes. Now neither of them are in the band!! Shitty but it happens haha. But they were both cool and I didnt know the keyboard player was talking to me for like 5 minutes because he looks 15!!

Reaction score
Just went to pre-order it after listening to the title track on Youtube, and it's £24 ($39 for you Americans). Anybody know whether this is due to import costs or something of that ilk, or if the guy at Amazon who made the entry was high that day?

Alberto7

Living room guitarist. Ex-bedroom guitarist.
Contributor
Reaction score
I cant say anything about AJ but when Andrew was still in he talked to me fo a good while, I talked to Nathan also for about 30 minutes. Now neither of them are in the band!! Shitty but it happens haha. But they were both cool and I didnt know the keyboard player was talking to me for like 5 minutes because he looks 15!!

Haha it's funny, same thing happened to me when I saw them. They were the most laid back people, and very friendly as well! I also spoke for a good while with Brett, and, while he was a bit more shy, he was also very cool. I begged them to play Mea Culpa that day (which they would anyways) and he just told me "Alright, fine, we'll play it just for you" haha I knew it was a joke, but it made me feel excited... Plus, it was my first time meeting any band :lol:

As for their keyboardist, he's a really cool dude as well. He was so happy, since the legal age to drink in Spain is 18, and he was that exact age at that time :lol: even though he looked 15.

MikeH

Bring the gain
Reaction score
Neither of those things apply to when we opened for them on the 28th. AJ stood there with me and talked about gear for close to an hour before the show. His eyes lit up when I mentioned that I used an Axe-FX live. He was very gracious humble when my drummer and I talked about how excited we were to see him back in the band.

Also, neither him nor Dean missed a single note during their set. You must have caught them on a bad night. They both plug straight into the PA, so you'd definitely hear a mistake.

They were running straight setups. Pedalboards into a Triple Rec, into a cab. Our venue sucks.

JoeyBTL

Reaction score
yea..im a little less than impressed. mostly with the clean vocals..or the vocals at all. AJ seems to be playing really well but i wish they had at least a LITTLE more stage presence.

tian

Reaction score
I guess that's why AJ is so buff now... having to carry the rest of the band all the time must be one heck of a workout.

But seriously, even though the clean vocals seemed worse than someone just having an off night, the lows were pretty good.

Randy

✝✝✝
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I guess that's why AJ is so buff now... having to carry the rest of the band all the time must be one heck of a workout.

:rofl:

But yeah, with regard to the vocals, he was pushing WAAAY too hard. They got better near the middle of the set, though... but he needs to work on it more.

')