The Human Abstract Megathread!

JacobShredder

Reaction score
I don't see where people are getting that this is anywhere near nocturne.. in any aspect at all.

Alot of the album has clean vocals that are more aimed at recreation of romantic era vocal style. And the guitar parts...totally different IMO. Heavy parts are heavier, technical parts are amazingly put together.

Each song is different, the title track digital veil is amazing. They did a superb job of making the guitars have a "digital" feel to em.
Hated Midheaven..and i didn't even know AJ had left for that album, unbiasedly hated that album from the first time I heard it, I bought it at the local store and gave it away.
Love midheaven also.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Opeth666

Reaction score
is it me or does the title track sound alittle bit like necrophagist? like foul body autopsy? regardless I'm loving this album

Reaction score
is it me or does the title track sound alittle bit like necrophagist? like foul body autopsy? regardless I'm loving this album

It sounds appreciably similar to Born of Osiris to me. I had never listened to this band before this album, I'm about halfway through it now, and I dig it so far. I'll jam the other two for sure.

Chri

-________-
Reaction score

One section midway through the song has a riff that is very typical of the tech death genre. I wouldn't say that the whole song sounds anything like Necrophagist though.

Double A

Subhuman
Reaction score
The more I listen to this album the more I really like it. I guess I am glad this is all I have heard from these guys judging from what I have listened to on youtube their earlier material just sounds typical.

Opeth666

Reaction score
It sounds appreciably similar to Born of Osiris to me. I had never listened to this band before this album, I'm about halfway through it now, and I dig it so far. I'll jam the other two for sure.
never listened to born of osiris
One section midway through the song has a riff that is very typical of the tech death genre. I wouldn't say that the whole song sounds anything like Necrophagist though.

yeah I men't a few parts here and there.

Reaction score
I love this album. Best stuff they've done IMO. (Coming from someone who liked Nocturne and hated Midhaven)

adrock

long ball larry!
Reaction score
i've never given this band the time of day until this new album. and needless to say, i'm loving it. i can definitely hear the btbam and protest references people have mentioned... oh well, it's still a great album in my opinion :yesway:

adrock

long ball larry!
Reaction score
this thread is super long, so i admittedly didn't read the whole thing. but i just found out the new vocalist for the human abstract is travis from from first to last. i can't lie, i'm a big fan of some of their earlier work, and i'm completely blown that this is him on digital veil. he's REALLY stepped his vocals up, and i dig it. a lot. regardless of the hate the vocals have gotten so far.

cyril v

Contributor
Reaction score
I might be the minority here, but I actually liked the vocalist from the first album. He may not have been as proficient as the new guy, but he definitely had a very distinct voice that may have been a bit quirky, but I thought it fit the music a lot better.

As for the new album, from what I've heard on the tube, I like a few of the tracks and for the most part the music sounds pretty solid from the few songs I heard. I like the track "Holographic Sight" the best so far. :yesway:

Steve08

Reaction score
I agree, I like Nathan as well. Some of the vocal melodies really grabbed me on the first listen and you can tell that he puts his heart into it, although the first time I checked out a few songs by THA on Youtube I thought his voice was almost funny haha. Good singer, haven't listened to Digital Veil enough to see if I like Travis' cleans more but I would definitely say Travis is a better growler.

dnoel86

Reaction score
haven't listened to Digital Veil enough to see if I like Travis' cleans more but I would definitely say Travis is a better growler.

His cleans are great, a lot less nasal and whiny, but I still miss Nathan. I was excited when I heard AJ was back but disappointed when I found out Nathan was gone.

It's a different style of vocals, but it's great in its own right.

Lon

drop it like its G#!
Reaction score
His cleans are great, a lot less nasal and whiny, but I still miss Nathan. I was excited when I heard AJ was back but disappointed when I found out Nathan was gone.

It's a different style of vocals, but it's great in its own right.

actually.. if you view digital veil as a new chapter, even as a new band, its so perfect, everything is just spot on, the screams fill out orchestra halls and the cleans sound very distinct and classical voiced, if you just blend out the funny we play a lot of notes past of the band you can really appreciate how great travis sounds on this record

Metalus

JP BFR Whore
Reaction score
actually.. if you view digital veil as a new chapter, even as a new band, its so perfect, everything is just spot on, the screams fill out orchestra halls and the cleans sound very distinct and classical voiced, if you just blend out the funny we play a lot of notes past of the band you can really appreciate how great travis sounds on this record

Very true :yesway: They are not the same band they were a few years ago. I still like Nocturne better, but this album comes in a very close 2nd. It will only get better from here on out

Jay Jay

The Djent Plane
Reaction score
Hey, anyone here been to the Pull Me From The Gallows tour yet? Anyone know what they're gonna be playing? I'm hoping for Antebellum and Holograpic sight, but I'm afraid I'll be sorely disappointed, haha.

Ralyks

The One Who Knocks
Contributor
Reaction score
Hey, anyone here been to the Pull Me From The Gallows tour yet? Anyone know what they're gonna be playing? I'm hoping for Antebellum and Holograpic sight, but I'm afraid I'll be sorely disappointed, haha.

I don't think the tour started yet, did it? I know they threw Holographic Sight into the setlist after the album came out, so I wouldn't be shocked to hear it.

Jay Jay

The Djent Plane
Reaction score
I don't think the tour started yet, did it? I know they threw Holographic Sight into the setlist after the album came out, so I wouldn't be shocked to hear it.

Ohh really? I could have sworn this was the second incarnation of the tour... I have no idea why I thought that. Hmmm, okay, well then I guess I'll reserve the question for later, haha

Yeah, I've seen live videos of Holographic, so I'm assuming they'll play that, but I'm wondering about Antebelllum, I feel like that's a song that would be hard to recreate live, which suck because that's probably my favorite on the album, haha

brutalwizard

Pretty Your Petunia
Reaction score
when i saw them with born of osiris they did not play antebellum, horisans to zenith, or patterns (from what i remember)

but they played the rest of the album and vela togethor we await the storm, this was like a month ago if that helps.

but i am exited to see them again, with scale the summit.

even though i just saw both in june. (scale the summit with periphery mmmmm......)

')