The Human Abstract Megathread!

Lon

drop it like its G#!
Reaction score
no patterns live is actually quite good, that song is way to mellow... but they need to play antebellum and holographic sight... especially holographic sight, that song just screams mosh

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Jay Jay

The Djent Plane
Reaction score
when i saw them with born of osiris they did not play antebellum, horisans to zenith, or patterns (from what i remember)

but they played the rest of the album and vela togethor we await the storm, this was like a month ago if that helps.

but i am exited to see them again, with scale the summit.

even though i just saw both in june. (scale the summit with periphery mmmmm......)

Ohh okay, cool. I basically just don't want them to play any of their old stuff, haha, I'm really not a fan of Nocturne of Midheaven.

Since they're headlining though, I'd imagine that they'll play most of the new album, and a couple old songs. I ain't mad.

Ralyks

The One Who Knocks
Contributor
Reaction score
Anyone out there been to the PMFTG tour yet? Got a setlist?

This. I really want to see what to expect. Debating on if I should just drive an hour to the Bronx but have to worry about, y'know, going to the Bronx, or drving a little over 2 hours for the Allentown show.
Either, if I don't get to meet A.J., I consider the trip a failure.

Reaction score
Anyone out there been to the PMFTG tour yet? Got a setlist?

Elegia
Complex Terms
Faust
Vela
Holographic
Horizons
Patterns

(Encore)

Medley -(A medley of all the best parts of Nocturne....its really cool. I was upset they weren't playing old songs until this.)
Digital Veil

Reaction score
This. I really want to see what to expect. Debating on if I should just drive an hour to the Bronx but have to worry about, y'know, going to the Bronx, or drving a little over 2 hours for the Allentown show.
Either, if I don't get to meet A.J., I consider the trip a failure.

Elegia
Complex Terms
Faust
Vela
Holographic
Horizons
Patterns

(Encore)

Medley -(A medley of all the best parts of Nocturne....its really cool. I was upset they weren't playing old songs until this.)
Digital Veil

Ralyks

The One Who Knocks
Contributor
Reaction score
Considering the setlist is mostly the new album and Nocturne is trimmed down to a medley (besides Vela, which they kinda have to play. Its just too badass live), it shows how much they are trying to distance themselves from the first two albums.
I really want to see that medley, and hopefully they throw Mea Culpa into the setlist one of these days, but I can understand as its kinda hard to see Travis singing those songs.

Jay Jay

The Djent Plane
Reaction score
Damnit, I'm really disappointed with the lack of Antebellum. I would totally switch out Horizons and Patterns for Antebellum in a heartbeat.
Ohh well, this show is gonna be insane, I'm excited as all hell!

themike

Chug Life
Reaction score
Considering the setlist is mostly the new album and Nocturne is trimmed down to a medley (besides Vela, which they kinda have to play. Its just too badass live), it shows how much they are trying to distance themselves from the first two albums.
I really want to see that medley, and hopefully they throw Mea Culpa into the setlist one of these days, but I can understand as its kinda hard to see Travis singing those songs.

I dont know if I would say that, but I mean they have a new album, and this tour is a headlining run in support of it so it makes sense to play mostly songs from it. Mid haven was shit, so who cares about that, but when your songs are in the 6 minutes each catagory you cant really pick a few to play if your trying to push the new material.

Ralyks

The One Who Knocks
Contributor
Reaction score
Midheaven was trite, although it'd be cool to see A Violent Strike in there.
I see what you're saying, the reason I say its like they're distancing themselves from the first two albums is, well, the band that made Digital Veil doesn't sound like the band that made Nocturne (and ESPECIALLY not Midheaven), in my humble opinion.

Ralyks

The One Who Knocks
Contributor
Reaction score
So I hate to necrothread this, but is anyone going to the show in The Bronx tonight? And does anyone know the area they are playing in?

brutalwizard

Pretty Your Petunia
Reaction score
the human abstract is no longer playing the rest of the PULL ME FROM THE GALLOWS tour, i was so exited to see them again, (i did just see them with boo)

FUCK!!

although it does suck for whoever's family member died, and i completely understand

Ralyks

The One Who Knocks
Contributor
Reaction score
That does sucks, and my condolences to the band.

That said, went to the show in The Bronx. Holy. Shit. Best Metal show I've been to in a looooooong time. The stage was right on the floor. They were right there in front of us. I could pet them.

And I got my picture with AJ. Mission accomplished :bowdown:

brutalwizard

Pretty Your Petunia
Reaction score
yeah i saw them the day after the new album came out when they were with BORN of Osiris and, periphery and scale the summit 3 days later. so i am not to bummed.......

but yeah there loss is far more important than the tour

Ninetyfour

Reaction score
They should be announcing a European tour according to their facebook, pretty happy about this!

BucketheadRules

Fuzz pedal hoarder
Reaction score
Bumping this thread because I finally realised what all the fuss is about with this band :D

I heard some of the first album and thought the guitar playing was amazing (Mea Culpa has a fucking ridiculous solo) but the vocals totally put me off, sounded like second-rate hardcore shouting bullshit. Just couldn't listen to any of the songs apart from the solos.

I just listened to some stuff from Digital Veil with the new vocalist and it is fucking sick. I love it. Plus it has A.J on it :D

Double win.

')