The Human Abstract Megathread!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

robski92

Reaction score
Sometimes I feel like I'm the only one out there that really liked Midheaven.

I liked some of the songs, but DV is still one of my favorite albums ever. I think AJ has some sort of side project right now but it's exact opposite of THA. The songs I heard on youtube weren't to bad though!

Ralyks

The One Who Knocks
Contributor
Reaction score
Sometimes I feel like I'm the only one out there that really liked Midheaven.
:cool:

That first track off the album was excellent and I wished they carried that one along for the live sets. Tried the rest of the album but couldn't do it...

Alberto7

Living room guitarist. Ex-bedroom guitarist.
Contributor
Reaction score
There were a couple of songs in Midheaven that I really liked, but that was about it. I got into them not long after their release of Nocturne and, honestly, I played and listened to it so much that it burned me out. As a result, I never gave Digital Veil much of a chance once it did come out a few years after, but I do remember liking a couple of songs quite a bit.

AJ's an awesome musician, but I somehow feel he's more suited for his classical stuff (even if his input is possibly the one thing that kept me hooked)

jjfiegel

Reaction score
Hate to be a necrobumper, but I was really wondering after throwing on Digital Veil yesterday for the first time in a while, but.... What the hell ever happened to these guys? Still on "indefinite hiatus"? DV was such a great album, would have been nice for a follow up, especially if they got Delvin from Corelia to do the vocals like they did when Travis left the band.

The band has posted on Facebook I believe twice this year (once at New Years and once within the last few weeks) stating something like "Digital Veil 2.0" or something similar. Seems like they're coming back.

Ralyks

The One Who Knocks
Contributor
Reaction score
Well, at the very least, I feel happy about getting a few people to talk about them again :yesway:

Update: Speaking of the freakin' devil, Dean Herrera just put up a post on Instagram 10 hours ago that was linked to Human Abstract FB page with what looks like a big ol' guitar pro file, and the heading says "2.0"

Mathemagician

Reaction score
Yaaaaaaasssss. I just want good prog metal that isn't Djent. (I'm happy Djent fans have so many options, but that opening riff to Nocturne Ruffles my jimmys in the best way.)

Ordacleaphobia

Shameless Contrarian
Reaction score
So since this thread got a bump, figured I may as well drop this here.

It was posted a long time ago by Sean Hall (who AJ actually taught, iirc)and Julian Rodriguez, the Elitist guys. Sounds like a straight up B-side off of Nocturne. Just a little something to stave off the crave for new stuff since I'm assuming most of you guys never caught this :lol:

works0fheart

Tike Myson
Reaction score
Okay, that Fortune Teller track is awesome. Never heard of it until just now.

')