The Human Abstract Megathread!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

TXDeathMetal

Lemme smang it girl!
Contributor
Reaction score
Oh shit son!, the amount of awesomeness contained within that song is immense.

beneharris

Reaction score
they seem to have settled down a little bit. this doesn't really sound like they are on crack anymore. not saying thats a bad thing, just different :hbang:

Reaction score
I like their classical guitar style sections more than the GRRRRRRRRRRR sections, at least on what I've heard from this album, I'm sure it'll beat Midheaven though.

Lon

drop it like its G#!
Reaction score
they seem to have settled down a little bit. this doesn't really sound like they are on crack anymore. not saying thats a bad thing, just different :hbang:
i want some crack! i just got into nocture, this record f'in slays!

GalacticDeath

Reaction score
Yeah this song isn't as crazy but it's still pretty sick. Can't wait to get my hands on that album!

JacobShredder

Reaction score
I cannot say enough about how much I love these guys. AJ was my inspiration for picking up classical guitar, the man is a genius.
LLLOOOVEEEEE this song.

Plus the ending solo from the song sampler is on there :)

The Reverend

GHETTO KING OF SWAG
Reaction score
This song makes me squirm. I'm really kind of worried that I won't be able to get past Travis doing the vocals. I don't really like his voice that much, singing or screaming, and on slower jams like this, vocalists tend to step into the limelight. I really like THA, I don't want them to put out something I can't listen to! Argh, life is tough.

EDIT: Just gave it several more plays. The guitar work is mellow, yet expressive and I like how the atmosphere starts building up towards the end. Travis's vocals are going to be a HUGE point of contention for me though, especially as I'm a vocalist-turned-guitarist and I'm super critical of both.

Alberto7

Living room guitarist. Ex-bedroom guitarist.
Contributor
Reaction score
I have very high hopes for this album. It'll be absolutely epic. And +1 to the classical parts. I like them better than the other stuff and I'm REALLY looking forward to hearing it! A.J. inspired me to pick up classical guitar playing again, after so long!

Reaction score
This song makes me squirm. I'm really kind of worried that I won't be able to get past Travis doing the vocals. I don't really like his voice that much, singing or screaming, and on slower jams like this, vocalists tend to step into the limelight. I really like THA, I don't want them to put out something I can't listen to! Argh, life is tough.

EDIT: Just gave it several more plays. The guitar work is mellow, yet expressive and I like how the atmosphere starts building up towards the end. Travis's vocals are going to be a HUGE point of contention for me though, especially as I'm a vocalist-turned-guitarist and I'm super critical of both.

I like his vocals WAY more than the previous guy's...

The Reverend

GHETTO KING OF SWAG
Reaction score
Vocal work sounds good to me...could care less really. AJ is back. Win.

:metal:

Not surprised that on a guitar forum, the vocals aren't the #1 most appreciated part of a metal band :lol:.

I just feel like this guy isn't going to give me any "wtf that was incredible" moments. He feels like a guy who can sing, but doesn't have that much raw talent. At no point am I close to being impressed with his voice. Yeah, their previous singer Nathan sucked sometimes, but he'd still pull it out. Listen to chorus of "Vela, Together We Await The Storm". That, to me at least, is a wow moment, a part that stands out.

Can Travis pull it off? Based on two songs, I'm leaning towards no, but two songs does not an album make, so I guess I'll be finding out shortly.

')