The Ibanez 7 Club!

CyTeK

Reaction score
Hi there 7321 owners(non owners too). I made a thread in the past month bout a 7 string buy but the situation went a bit too tight and i dont have that much money availiable so it seems the 7321 is the 7 string im gonna get.

I wanna ask you though. Would it be a decent guitar to play at gigs sound wise and id like it to bit a little durable too

(Pickup changing included , post what do you think if got your own switched and think is good for THRASH/DEATH/PROG context.)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Guitarman700

Reaction score
Hi there 7321 owners(non owners too). I made a thread in the past month bout a 7 string buy but the situation went a bit too tight and i dont have that much money availiable so it seems the 7321 is the 7 string im gonna get.

I wanna ask you though. Would it be a decent guitar to play at gigs sound wise and id like it to bit a little durable too

(Pickup changing included , post what do you think if got your own switched and think is good for THRASH/DEATH/PROG context.)

Honestly? If you don't have a 7, This is a great place to start. you get a good guitar that can be made even better with a few minor upgrades.

JPhoenix19

Playing life by ear
Reaction score
I consider the RG7321 the entry-level 7-string. Swap your pickups to some DiMarzio DActivators or the tried and trusty crunch lab/liquifire combo and you've got a guitar to last you a good while. I'm actually considering getting another one of these (I used to own one) for the sole purpose of modding.

Jbryant95

Reaction score
Here's my modded RG7321:

-bubinga veneer
-crunch lab liquifire set

047.jpg

Tristoner7

Reaction score
Dude, THAT is classy looking ! ^

I've just been let down by most 7321s that I've played becuase of the fretwork, if it were better, I'd totally buy one.

kmanick

Contributor
Reaction score
I rejoined the 7620 club today too.
I walked into the Daddys up the street from my house to look at
keyboards for my daughter and low and behold. Hanging on the wall was a
black 98 7620 (mismarked and priced so low that I literally almost ran out of the store with it.)
UV case included. :lol:
Pics tomorrow (but it's just a black 7620.)
I cleaned it up tonight restrung it poished the frets etc.
very few dings and they are already filled in, the neck is like butter (like usual on these things)
total score!
anyone try a crunchlab in a 7620 yet? it's all stock, those PUPs has gots to go. :cool:

CrushingAnvil

Ironically enough, now in Jesus Land
Reaction score
I rejoined the 7620 club today too.
I walked into the Daddys up the street from my house to look at
keyboards for my daughter and low and behold. Hanging on the wall was a
black 98 7620 (mismarked and priced so low that I literally almost ran out of the store with it.)
UV case included. :lol:
Pics tomorrow (but it's just a black 7620.)
I cleaned it up tonight restrung it poished the frets etc.
very few dings and they are already filled in, the neck is like butter (like usual on these things)
total score!
anyone try a crunchlab in a 7620 yet? it's all stock, those PUPs has gots to go. :cool:

I want a black 7620 again, they were the best. Congrats, man.

alfred

forever detuned
Reaction score
I really love this guitar! After putting 2 Seymour Duncan (Jazz + Jeff Beck), I plan to put a "mirror-plex" pickguard, that I may make this summer, in my garden ^^

sylarian

Reaction score
What up ss.org just found this forum best ever . I have a 1527 and was wanting to upgrade to a FU Brass bigblock and was wondering how much it would reduce pulls/dives does anyone have any info for this please let me know.

Bones43x

Reaction score
What up ss.org just found this forum best ever . I have a 1527 and was wanting to upgrade to a FU Brass bigblock and was wondering how much it would reduce pulls/dives does anyone have any info for this please let me know.

I asked this several posts ago and never got an answer...so I would also like to know this

TruckstopChuckie

Reaction score
Here's mine... Fake vinyl tree-of-life inlays, rg7621 pickguard (need to move the potentiometers, but that's an easy job).

Currently looking for a pair of white/zebra humbuckers..., also thinking about doing a refin during summer vacation, and maybe have it routed for HSH...

DSC_0149.jpg

Bgbdmdbrad

Reaction score
I'm a long time lurker, first time poster...

I get to join the club now. I bought a black 7620 and decided to strip the paint to see what was underneath. It had maple veneers on both the top and bottom, but because I was heavy handed with the 60 grit orbital sander to get thru the finish, I went thru to the glue level on the back. I decided to have it painted, which is going to cost me more than if I hadn't sanded the finish off it. It could have been scuffed and painted, but now the body had to be sealed, then painted black and then the color (British Racing Green). I also tung oiled the neck and am putting BKP Aftermath set in Raw Nickel that I got from Axe Palace. I am just waiting for the paint to be done and then I can reassemble. I will put up a pic-story of the before, during and after.

ZeroS1gnol

Reaction score
I'm very exicited to say Im currently in the process of getting a '99 7620. I'll believe it when I've got the guitar in my hands. I've always wanted one of these. When I bought my first 7 in 2000, I got the 7420 because it was cheaper and I couldn't afford the 7620.

If I'm correct, the 7620 has dimarzio blaze pups in them, not blaze customs right? Im going to put in a blaze custom at the bridge and put the regular blaze in my 7420.

')