The Ibanez 7 Club!

cronux

Reaction score
hello everyone...

not yet officially a member, but will be from saturday :hbang:

got a deal on a black rg7420 with a SD distortion on the bridge. seems that the guitar is in good shape (small paint chips and cracks) and the trem is ok but will see that first hand when i gets it. :yesway:

so here's a couple of questions for you 7420 fans :)

1. the neck? heard that it's pretty sweet... how does it compare (if anyone knows) to the COW7 neck? (have a black COW7 with a SD Blackout)
2. the trem? heard that it can be a pain in the a**
3. cutaway? the COW7 has a really bad cutoway...your thoughts on the 420 cutoway?

that's about it (4 now)... heard that the 7420 are the "hot rods" of the 7 string world -> in other words, like buying an old car and modding the s*it out of it :D

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

malufet

ss.org Irregular
Reaction score
hello everyone...

not yet officially a member, but will be from saturday :hbang:

got a deal on a black rg7420 with a SD distortion on the bridge. seems that the guitar is in good shape (small paint chips and cracks) and the trem is ok but will see that first hand when i gets it. :yesway:

so here's a couple of questions for you 7420 fans :)

1. the neck? heard that it's pretty sweet... how does it compare (if anyone knows) to the COW7 neck? (have a black COW7 with a SD Blackout)
2. the trem? heard that it can be a pain in the a**
3. cutaway? the COW7 has a really bad cutoway...your thoughts on the 420 cutoway?

that's about it (4 now)... heard that the 7420 are the "hot rods" of the 7 string world -> in other words, like buying an old car and modding the s*it out of it :D

1. The best neck for me (bubinga stripe), this coming from a K-7 apex1 and former 7620 owner.
2. It's never gave me any problems plus upgradeable to Original floyd rose if those things wear out.
3. It's an RG body same cutaway as 95% of the ibanez. lol

Vhyken

Reaction score
mine.. ^_^\m/

SDC12243.jpg

TruckstopChuckie

Reaction score
You don't have to completely strip it, but just take the shine of it..., a couple of layers if priming and then spray it with you choice of color.

BucketheadRules

Fuzz pedal hoarder
Reaction score
I'm still looking for somewhere/someone who can do an Iceman-shaped body to fit all the stock 7321 hardware...

espman

Is beardless....
Reaction score
I'm still looking for somewhere/someone who can do an Iceman-shaped body to fit all the stock 7321 hardware...
A member on here, 7 Strings of Hate, was selling ibby replacement bodies a while back, not sure if he still is, but it couldn't hurt to send him a PM.

daniboy_52

Reaction score
You don't have to completely strip it, but just take the shine of it..., a couple of layers if priming and then spray it with you choice of color.
I think it's a little late for that now but as long as it doesn't do any harm I don't really mind. Besides it's actually not that bad looking if you strip it completely.

Murmel

Reaction score
Dude that's a lot of money for a 7321...I would have sold you my 7421 for less than that. :(

I paid $195 for my 7421 and thats in CDN dollars. You shouldnt be paying double that for a 7321 :(

Thing is, pretty much everything is much more expensive in Europe.
You could always go to Thomann or European Ebay and start compaing guitar prices, you'll probably think we're all getting ripped off :lol:

200 pounds for an RG7321 in Europe? Yeah, that is actually a very good price.

Chiba666

Reaction score
Thing is, pretty much everything is much more expensive in Europe.
You could always go to Thomann or European Ebay and start compaing guitar prices, you'll probably think we're all getting ripped off :lol:

200 pounds for an RG7321 in Europe? Yeah, that is actually a very good price.

Retail brnad new around the £400 mark so I tohught £200 with hardcase as a bit of a bargin. Got to remove a sticker on it but thats not to hard a job.

Just got to get the shipping sorted out as it sems the sellers prefered shipping company dont want to ship to a UK military BFPO address. Not a drama we will get it sorted out I'm sure.

illimmigrant

A Different Logic
Reaction score
Hey all, I've had a 7420 for about 9 years now. I dropped a dimarzio Blaze in the bridge and straplocks and the rest is stock. I plan on selling it soon to try a different 7-string, but i was curious as to why everyone complains about the trem system... granted, it's the only guitar I've had with a double locking trem, so i don't know any better. The only thing that annoyed me, besides changing strings (which i guess is the same for all floating trem systems), is that when recording palm mutes, the springs inside the body would continue to vibrate for a second after I had muted the strings and you could really hear it in playback. Since I don't use the trem for bending, I put a little strip of electrical tape on the springs to keep them from vibrating and it worked wonderfully! So what's so horrible about this prticular trem? :)

ZeroS1gnol

Reaction score
So what's so horrible about this prticular trem?

I would also like to know why some people hate on this trem as well.

I have the 7420 for about 10 years now, and aside from regular trem 'issues', there are only two things that my 7620 lo pro edge is better imo. Those things are the lo pro edge is a bit easier on my hand and it sustains a bit more.

brynotherhino

Reformed Redneck
Reaction score
Hey guys, here is my 7321 that I sanded down and stained. Its a little rough around the edges, but im pretty happy with it seeing as how I have never done anything like this before haha. Now I just need to get it wired up and strung up.
photo.jpg

cronux

Reaction score
well, 4 me at least it's not about the trem (i'll buy a new one if this one is making problems)... it's about the neck

heard that it's pretty sweet and compared to my COW7 that it should be easier 4 soloing...

Latest posts

')