The Ibanez 7 Club!

7stringDemon

Reaction score
I've been wanting one of these. They're SO COMFY! Sadly, the only one in my area is also one of the lemons. Not in asthetics, but in tone. I absolutely hate the sound of that guitar. It's either that one is wired bad or they all just genuinely sound like shit :lol:

But nothing a pickup swap can't fix!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ZXIIIT

XIII
Reaction score
The scale difference is barely noticeable, and tone wise, just like every other stock guitar, would benefit from a pickup swap.

Don't see how it's a "lemon" I've had one for a bit now and it's extremely solid.

troyguitar

Reaction score
Mine is my primary guitar. Last night I ordered stuff for what will probably be my final two customizations: black dye for the fretboard and some inlay stickers. I'm trying out pearl blocks with roman numerals, we'll see how they turn out...

a20791812a5adad7b25e2e_m.jpg

http://www.inlaystickers.com/servlet/the-311/Gibson-Guiar-fingerboard-decal/Detail

butch

Reaction score
Has anyone seen the maple top version in person? Only wish it was another color...

Cheers,
Butch

7stringDemon

Reaction score
Don't see how it's a "lemon" I've had one for a bit now and it's extremely solid.

You would have to play this one to know what I mean.

$100 Epiphones sound bad.
This guitar had almost NO output (I was on a 6505+. Pre Gain at 7), it was INSANELY muddy (even the first 6 strings had no clarity) and the cleans were horrible to say the least.

Acoustically, however, it was AMAZINGLY resonant. Very loud, dark, full, heavy sounding guitar.

ZXIIIT

XIII
Reaction score
You would have to play this one to know what I mean.

$100 Epiphones sound bad.
This guitar had almost NO output (I was on a 6505+. Pre Gain at 7), it was INSANELY muddy (even the first 6 strings had no clarity) and the cleans were horrible to say the least.

Acoustically, however, it was AMAZINGLY resonant. Very loud, dark, full, heavy sounding guitar.

I did suggest it would benefit from a pickup swap, the one I have has a Seymour Duncan JB in the bridge, it's the only modification and it's damn awesome, stays in tune, electronics work, great fret work and well built.

Again, aside from the pickup, don't see how it's a lemon.

7stringDemon

Reaction score
I did suggest it would benefit from a pickup swap, the one I have has a Seymour Duncan JB in the bridge, it's the only modification and it's damn awesome, stays in tune, electronics work, great fret work and well built.

Again, aside from the pickup, don't see how it's a lemon.

I'm assuming it's a wiring problem.

I think I'm misinterpreting the term "lemon". I was originally thinking of it as just a guitar with issues, even if I know how to fix them.

Now I'm starting to think that by "lemon", you mean "totally fucked up in some way".

Am I correct?

ZXIIIT

XIII
Reaction score
I'm assuming it's a wiring problem.

I think I'm misinterpreting the term "lemon". I was originally thinking of it as just a guitar with issues, even if I know how to fix them.

Now I'm starting to think that by "lemon", you mean "totally fucked up in some way".

Am I correct?

Someone mentioned it being a potential lemon, as in, it would need tons of repairs/upgrades before it's in playing condition, which, going on experience from playing a few and owning one, just a pickup change will make it a beast, which is common with many, many cheap pickups on guitars.

:)

7stringDemon

Reaction score
Alright then, the guitar DEFINITELY wasn't a lemon. It kicks ass! Hard! Well, since I'm in the thread, I might as well be useful in here!

For people who might be worried about the neck, I have this to say.

I have owned an RG1527, RG7620, RG7421, S7420 (90's and current), and an AX7521 and have extensive experienced with an RG7321 and RGD2127Z and I have to say that the comfort of the neck is EASILY up to par with the MIJ's and Prestige's.

And the 25" scale was not a problem unless you're tuning lower than Drop G#.

troyguitar

Reaction score
^ the neck profile is completely different from that of an RG though, the back is much bigger and more round. The frets are also much smaller.

I find it quite comfortable but if you are one of the people who love the RG and want every Ibanez to feel like that, then you will not like the ARZ.

Reaction score
Someone mentioned it being a potential lemon, as in, it would need tons of repairs/upgrades before it's in playing condition, which, going on experience from playing a few and owning one, just a pickup change will make it a beast, which is common with many, many cheap pickups on guitars.

:)

When I say lemon in not referring to them all as being bad. When I say lemon I mean that I have heard of some people getting this guitar offline and it have some flaws with either the paint or the fretboard or the electronics. I bought mine in the store and I picked it out, out of 3 possible choices. My guitar and it's electronics were fine and it actually didn't sound half bad. The only reason i upgraded everything was because the dimarzio pickups are better suited to my playing style and the tone I'm going for. And the only reason I upgraded the hardware is because I like the all black look. Fresh out of the box it's a great guitar I just modded it to suite my style better

Seanthesheep

Reaction score
anyone try a CL/LF set in this guitar? Im kinda thinking of picking up a set but Im not 100% sold yet, plus I have some tele pickups arriving next week so im not in a rush either

banenis

Reaction score
I found the neck on the ARZ to be way too short. Not just for string flub, but even for playing comfort.

GazPots

Is A Complete Idiot.
Reaction score
I was thinking the blocks would look silly but i actually think they work well.

Also love the fact they have the fret numbers on them too. Nice touch. :yesway: :lol:

troyguitar

Reaction score
I was unsure about the stickers too but since they were only like $8 I figured it was worth a try. So far I am a fan of both the dye (from Stewmac) and the stickers (inlaystickers.com).

MikeH

Bring the gain
Reaction score
Mr. Jym Ellis is lending me this beauty for the studio. So delicious. :yum:
154200_514782655199109_1660869661_n.jpg

')