The Ibanez 7 Club!

cip 123

Reaction score
I wouldn't hesitate at all with the RGD! I love mine. I have been thinking of selling it soon, but thats just because the GAS is ever present. But I do believe its the nicests guitar I've played and I have played quite a few higher end guitars.

I'll definitely look in to it, do you know what 1527's are like?

I'm just looking for something that feels as close to my 6(a 2550) but obviously a 7 string.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

vkw619

Inspired Beginner
Reaction score
I'll definitely look in to it, do you know what 1527's are like?

I'm just looking for something that feels as close to my 6(a 2550) but obviously a 7 string.

Unfortunately, I've never played a 1527 but I believe the necks on those are a bit thinner than what you currently have and then the RGD neck is a bit rounder. I know the thinnest neck you can currently get would be on a 752 from a Prestige Ibby 7

cip 123

Reaction score
Unfortunately, I've never played a 1527 but I believe the necks on those are a bit thinner than what you currently have and then the RGD neck is a bit rounder. I know the thinnest neck you can currently get would be on a 752 from a Prestige Ibby 7

Thanks for the help, I'm just desperately needing a 7 again now, so I'll just see what I can get haha.

Wish Ibanez did more maple boards (or anything apart from rosewood) but I can only see the 1527M which is super rare here.

ItWillDo

KGB Apparatchik
Reaction score
Thanks for the help, I'm just desperately needing a 7 again now, so I'll just see what I can get haha.

Wish Ibanez did more maple boards (or anything apart from rosewood) but I can only see the 1527M which is super rare here.

Amen to that.

A white RGD2127MFX would be heaven!

cip 123

Reaction score
Chance for me to grab a 1527 in trade for my 2550, should it be a straight trade? the 1527 has Bare knuckles and treml-no, mine has a full set of dimarzio's and is a more recent model I believe.

Just want to check its a good deal.

armand

Reaction score
Ibanez RG7420 (2001) with Lundgren M7
Ibanez S7420 with DiMarzio X2N and D-Activator
P7110128.jpg

armand

Reaction score
No, the luthier actually replaced the inlays.
Yeah, the D-tuna route looks dumb now. :facepalm: I had an idea before of placing one for both sixth and seventh strings. Oh well. :lol:

Curt

Where we're going we don't need neck pickups.
Reaction score
What on earth is that?

Isn't that the guitarist for Emmure's LACS?

Yeah, it is. Used to have an EMG in the bridge. Has a T.O.M. style bridge on it. I am not a Yankees fan, not an Emmure fan, and dislike T.O.M bridges, but something about a white single pickup RGD always looks nice. I think it used to be black, though. Unless this is a different one to the one he had in the past.

Reaction score
Most of the Ibanez 7s out on the market right now look terribly boring to me. Is it unreasonable to expect anything new coming out at all within the near future?

knet370

Reaction score
loving this badboy eversince

aK0LGGy.jpg

un9u3Ec.jpg

but is now loaded with all white illuminator neck and crunchlab bridge
juzaxsz.jpg

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Most of the Ibanez 7s out on the market right now look terribly boring to me. Is it unreasonable to expect anything new coming out at all within the near future?

What are you looking for exactly? I mean, the current 7-string batch is more interesting and diverse in both specs and looks as it's ever been.

DCM100.jpg

RG752WMFXOL.jpg

RG752CBM.jpg

RG752LWFXHAB.jpg

RGD2127FXVCF.JPG

RGD7BSISH.jpg

S5527QFXDGD.jpg

S5427TKS.JPG

RGIF7_BKS_1P_01.png

RGIT27FE_SBF_1P_01.png

SIX27FDBG_NT_1P_01.png

ARZIR27_BK_4L_01.png

AFJ957_VBS_12_01.png

Reaction score
What are you looking for exactly? I mean, the current 7-string batch is more interesting and diverse in both specs and looks as it's ever been.

Not all of them have my specs, and the ones that do are rather unappealing. It's like whoever designed them just picked a color and called it a day. Just what I think though, I have a peculiar taste.

Mangle

Breaker
Reaction score
I own an RG7321L. Hard to say how happy I am with it. It stays in tune like a champ and I do love the wider, more open space of the neck. Also love the flatter radius. Just much more comfortable for my fingers. Extra string is proving fun and challenging.
Overall the guitar is just not very responsive. The body isn't percussive at all. It doesn't allow the sound of the strings to resonate after they are picked. I need to find a luthier in my area and ask them what they think is up. Upgrades to the guitar are on the horizon. Some knowledgeable, trustworthy recomendations wilth how far to go will be a big help when I find them.
That said, I would (most likely) own more Ibanez guitars if they were a bit more flexable with their output. I lust after many of their designs. But, being left-handed is a serious impediment to owning anything made by them.

knet370

Reaction score
why still no reverse headstock regular prestige line :( a jbm100-7 would be great. :) or just the plain ol RGR1527 maybe. hehehe

BrutaltoDead

Reaction score
p2263215184.jpg

Attachments

• webwxgetmsgimg.jpg
    webwxgetmsgimg.jpg
    139.4 KB · Views: 49
  • webwxgetmsgimg (1).jpg
    webwxgetmsgimg (1).jpg
    123.5 KB · Views: 76
  • webwxgetmsgimg (2).jpg
    webwxgetmsgimg (2).jpg
    124.2 KB · Views: 65

Petar Bogdanov

Reaction score
I own an RG7321L. Hard to say how happy I am with it. It stays in tune like a champ and I do love the wider, more open space of the neck. Also love the flatter radius. Just much more comfortable for my fingers. Extra string is proving fun and challenging.
Overall the guitar is just not very responsive. The body isn't percussive at all. It doesn't allow the sound of the strings to resonate after they are picked. I need to find a luthier in my area and ask them what they think is up. Upgrades to the guitar are on the horizon. Some knowledgeable, trustworthy recomendations wilth how far to go will be a big help when I find them.
That said, I would (most likely) own more Ibanez guitars if they were a bit more flexable with their output. I lust after many of their designs. But, being left-handed is a serious impediment to owning anything made by them.

Upgrading the nut and bridge will make it sound a little more piano-like and resonant, but don't expect it to turn into another guitar. I would shove some crazy pickups in it and enjoy it for what it is.

Latest posts

')