tubarao guitars

ss.org LURKER
Reaction score
installing the bobbin toppers:

735891f2bbd6d8aa22135d6059e9d629_06e.jpg

4d26aca31138bec60cbe62f37fbf966c_06e.jpg

61c1e875fd487c4a980de2ddbf85caca_2b3.jpg

those are some more colors i did.
the green bobbin isn't covered, it's originally green EVO by Dimarzio.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

juliangallows

Reaction score
Not trying to pull the thunder away from that sick swirl paint job, but I just received my first rg1527. Just wanted to ask if any of you 1527 owners have done a Brass Block upgrade. Specifically from floydupgrades.com The thing that concerns me is looking at the trem block it looks as though there are space carved out for the fine tuners. Just wondering if any one has ran into any problems?

mountainjam

Reaction score
Not trying to pull the thunder away from that sick swirl paint job, but I just received my first rg1527. Just wanted to ask if any of you 1527 owners have done a Brass Block upgrade. Specifically from floydupgrades.com The thing that concerns me is looking at the trem block it looks as though there are space carved out for the fine tuners. Just wondering if any one has ran into any problems?
I actually just did this today...

Bones43x

Reaction score

Hey, I see you're from K-town. I live in Clinton, but I work in Knoxville. Congrats, and enjoy your RG1527. If it's your first Ibanez, I'm sure it won't be your last.

I'm also curious about the Floyd Upgrades big block. I would just like to know how much travel you lose with it.

Anyway, here's my RG1527, along with my RG2550Z, and RG1420F

IMG_2067.jpg

mountainjam

Reaction score
I'm also curious about the Floyd Upgrades big block. I would just like to know how much travel you lose with it.

The block is huge, but I don't use the trem, planning on blocking it off, so im not sure how much travel is lost. But either way, I can't stress enough to anyone that this is a must have upgrade. My 1527 has stock pups, all my other 7's have aftermarket pups and stock blocks, and I haven't touched them since getting the fu block in the 1527. The tone is remarkable, even with stock pups.

')