The Ibanez 7 Club!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ZeroS1gnol

Reaction score
Didn't the RG7420's come with crappy Ibanez pickups?

7420 came with v8-7 and v7-7 pups. I just found my old '99 and '00 catalogues. The '99 catalogue has the pups listed as just 'dimarzio'. The '00 catalogue has them listed as 'dimarzio blaze' (for the GN version that is)

kmanick

Contributor
Reaction score
Anyone with a 7620 actually like the way the stock pickups sound?
the black one I jsut picked up actually sounds really good with the stock pickups in there:scratch:
(and let me tell you that's a freaking first, I always pull them right out)

snowblind56

Reaction score
the black one I jsut picked up actually sounds really good with the stock pickups in there:scratch:

My experience was that they sound good at first until you hear one with pickups like the Blazes. Then you put Blazes in and they sound good until you hear one with something like an Evolution/Air Norton. That then sounds good until you hear them with Bare Knuckles.

That being said, the stock neck pickup is not bad at all and sometimes a good amp can make just about any guitar sound awesome.

CrushingAnvil

Ironically enough, now in Jesus Land
Reaction score

They're Dimarzio Custom7's/New7's - Not Ibanez V7 and V8 pickups. That should explain a bit.

I liked them, you could play anything with them.

CrushingAnvil

Ironically enough, now in Jesus Land
Reaction score
My experience was that they sound good at first until you hear one with pickups like the Blazes. Then you put Blazes in and they sound good until you hear one with something like an Evolution/Air Norton. That then sounds good until you hear them with Bare Knuckles.

That being said, the stock neck pickup is not bad at all and sometimes a good amp can make just about any guitar sound awesome.

Depends who you are.

wade_mcbeath

Reaction score
I'm In, Recently scored this. :hbang:

SDC10233.jpg

Malkav

Washing your dishes.
Reaction score
Another RG1527 owner reporting in, got the Royal Blue one :) Put a D-Sonic and Air Norton combo in mine, got a lo-pro edge on order for her as well :D

wade_mcbeath

Reaction score
nice 7 there.. im waiting for my 1527 today too.. hopefully might arrive later.. yeah :hbang:
Good to hear, they're great guitars, I don't see myself playing anything else in a LONG time.
Another RG1527 owner reporting in, got the Royal Blue one :) Put a D-Sonic and Air Norton combo in mine, got a lo-pro edge on order for her as well :D
I'm actually trying to decide whether or not to put a set of d activators or a crunch lab/duncan jazz or a combo of the both eg. crunchlab bridge, d activator neck . I'll actually have to put the thing down to put a set in :lol:. If anyone could reccomend which ones would work best, I'm all ears :bowdown:.

simonXsludge

(((Ω)))
Reaction score
im waiting for my 1527 today too.. hopefully might arrive later..
ha, same here, dude. currently waiting for my 1527M. it arrived in my hometown, but seems to be stuck at the department of schenker cargo as of yet.

i am curious, what do you people think about the DiMarzio D-Activator 7?

i have an ibby 6-string with the D-Activator, and it's a basswood / maple neck / maple fretboard guitar as well. tone-wise, it's my favourite axe, so i'd guess it's a safe bet to go with the D-Activator 7 in this case...

Bloody_Inferno

Silence is Violence
Reaction score
D-Activator 7s sound amazing, regardless of wood. It handles the low B string extremely well. Though I'm used to these pickups (both 6 and 7) in mahogany, but still great nonetheless.

Malkav

Washing your dishes.
Reaction score
does the lo-pro fit the trem cavity perfectly with the 1527?

I don't know yet, still waiting on mine to get here :) I have a really good guitar tech in my area and he's relatively affordable so even if it doesn't I'm sure he'll be able to sort it out :D He's already routed my neck pickup cavity so I know his work is good :) I'm not too stressed either way, but if anyone does have an answer that would surely help settle my curiosity :)

Rex

Reaction score
Hey, i´m gassing with this guitar.
One guy here changes me this guitar new with the zero bridge for my MTM2 with paf pro and tone zone.

Should I make the change?

Thanks in advance

astm

Reaction score
you have to take in consideration how much you spent on the guitar + pickups and hw much the other guy spent on the RG1527

Romain

Reaction score
Sweet, well here it is with my C-1 Classic. I got my pro photographer dad
to take it lol

profilepic36296_2.gif

Ehh, it's a bit blurry...

MAN !

I sold my C1 Classic for my RG 1527, both are same models ! :bowdown::lol:

But now I'm selling my RG1527 /w SD Blackouts in France !

SpottedBeaver

Ancient Mariner
Reaction score
So... I just succumbed to a GAS attack I've been having over a particular Ibby. It should be here either by the end of the week or early next week.

Would anyone care to guess what I just scored? :coffee:

:D

Latest posts

')