The Ibanez RG photos thread.

• Thread starter Manurack
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Tyler

Reaction score
My babies :) RG3120, modded RG7321, and Chase's (ITB) old RG920QM LI

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

craigny

Winning...duh
Reaction score
I've had many RG's but here is my current one. I'm pretty much at the point of the RG becoming my go to model.

lawizeg

Reaction score
Lets just call this the 'Wallpaper Thread'

Also, whats the model with the blue dots in the fretboard? And that neck thru natural one? And the blue one with the pickguard?! :scream:

simonXsludge

(((Ω)))
Reaction score
Also, whats the model with the blue dots in the fretboard? And that neck thru natural one?
If you're talking about the ones I posted, those are an Ibanez RGR465M (RG565 reissue, also came out as RG3XXV with a different trem - mine isn't the original one either) and the other is an RGT220Z-NTF.

Tommy

Terribly Unlucky
Reaction score
Any RGTs posted automatically win.. so jelly

I'd post pics on my old RGT3120 in whatever-the-purple-finish is called but I only took selling photos and they don't do the guitar justice. I kinda wish I did a vanity photo shoot for it.

Jzbass25

Reaction score
Not the best pics, I also sold the 2570's neck because I needed cash for college, but I plan on getting a custom later. I also have a closeup of the texture. The paint has worn off a bit where my hand rests sadly.

Fenceclimber

Plays guitar, reads SSO
Reaction score
Here is my RG870QMZ moments after unboxing it in the store!

936106_4720764467680_1790706833_n.jpg

Reaction score
large

1980's Rg550, still in great shape with original Edge trem. It has a 1987 neck with a 1989 RG750 body (i think). I bought it a few years back out of LA. I think the pickups are stock to the body.

The pickups are very good actually, the bridge pickup could use a little more umph, but an OD/distortion pedal takes care of that.
Some people see the pointy horns and can't get past it, I see that looong maple neck, pickup versatility, great trem, and I fall in love. Ibanez set a new standard in 1987 with these guitars, not only were they an evolution in design, but the level of quality on these guitars was impressive. I remember playing an early RG when I was younger, it blew me away, I felt like I was holding alien technology. Awesome kits to explore and play music on!

')