The Impulse FAQ/Tutorial Thread

• Thread starter FourFour
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MF_Kitten

Set up us the bomb
Reaction score
I want to use impulse but im in mac and the laconvolver that has been said here, doesn't work in cubase because is only AU not VST. So if anyone have another suggestion, please tell here!!

Thank

since cubase takes VSTs, i´d look for a VST convolution reverb/impulse response plugin that doesn´t need an installer.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

skattabrain

slow and low
Reaction score
thanks FourFour ... I haven't played seriously in a year or so and jsut got back into it and found revalver ... so i kept hearing "impulses" and i was like huh????

thanks so much for making it crystal clear!

Reaction score
Timothy, I can't recall any other vst for Mac. Maybe try asking somewhere else, cubase forums? Btw, sorry for the late reply.

Thanks skattabrain, I try my best. I'm sure there are better tutorials out there. This is just my way of playing with impulses.

TimothyLeary

Tune in, Drop out
Reaction score
I've been search till now, and didn't find. Only altiverb and waves ir1, but for reason I can't explain here, :D I can't "find" them.

MF Kitten, appeaantly, is not easy to find a vst without install setup.

MerlinTKD

EIght.Fold.Path / Hinge Theory
Contributor
Reaction score
I've been searching for cab impulse collections and it seems like all the links are no longer working (like the one in the first post, sadly); anyone have any suggestions where to look?

Slampop

Artist/Producer: IDOLER
Reaction score
+1 for a STICKY on this!!! :) not sure why it hasn't happened yet, hahaha! :shrug:

himself138- what plugin? not sure what you're using, but most just download something free, like the Voxengo Boogex, and then load the impulse into that!

himself138

Reaction score
like when i download SIR1 and try to open it says cant find a program to open in. the file end in .dll if that haves to do with anything

Slampop

Reaction score
huh? :scratch: the .dll file is your plugin and needs to be put in your vst plugins folder of your DAW, and then when you go to place the vst on the guitar track as an insert, it should be there...or am i misunderstanding you?

Slampop

Reaction score
somebody help this man!!! :lol: i have to do to work unfortunately. if noone helps you i can post you a screenshot...i'm a PC guy btw. good luck man! :yesway:

rob_l

Reaction score
I probably missed it - But search didnt turn up anything - Are there any plugins for ProTools on the Mac...? :thepope:

Latest posts

')