The iOS Amp Modeler App Thread!

Ripper7620

Reaction score
I run through my iPhone 4 when my iPad battery dies & my phones processor is just barely able to handle it. Most times it's fine but once in a while I get some major latency.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Deep Blue

Reaction score
I might have to try making a clean wah or whammy patch on my RP250 and run it into the ipad... The whammy on the 250 is pretty decent if I remember right.

leftnotright

Reaction score
I seemly have spent a tonne of money on the AMPKIT with all the pedals/amps etc.:spock:

I see a lot using Jamxt and bias.:ugh:

Whats better AMPKIT or Bias or Jamxt? :scratch:

I play the high gain variety.:shred:

I have actually reverted back to my POD XT bean as my 7 string sounds like a bag of poo with the AMpkit.:squint:

Deep Blue

Reaction score
BIAS handily beats Ampkit in high gain sounds IMO. Then if you want some JamUp effects I'd just get the free version and buy the effects you want. BIAS is in a whole other league compared to my RP250, though your POD probably was too (I've never used a POD).

gizmi7

KSI Army
Reaction score
I've been considering to get the Apogee JAM and JamUP+BIAS instead of my iPB-10 but after little jam with both i still prefer the Digi; maybe not as good for recording but i prefer both the effects and the ergonomy of usage in the Digitech; it can work on it's own (without an iPad) as well. But for the price, BIAS is a hell of a steal for all the iPad users.

leftnotright

Reaction score
ok, I will give it a shot. I am using an Ipad, apogee Jam and KRK monitors...I'll start with the Bias I suppose.

Ripper7620

Reaction score
AmpKit+ is pretty good IMO, but jamup & bias are way more tweakable. I wasn't overly impresses UNTIL I started tweaking, now bias & jamup just blow my mind!

leftnotright

Reaction score
Ok so I got Bias/Jamup Pro.

Lots of tweaking:spock: in Bias, this will take sometime to dial in, but lots to do, which I like. Jamup seems kinda confusing :scratch:to use, sometimes I lose the amp for some reason so it seems kinda flakey in that regard.

I will definitely DITCH AMPkit though. Ampkit reverb and delay is absolutely SHIT:realmad:. The delay and reverb actually simulates not bad in JAmup. :agreed:

Sadly I spent oodles :nuts:of money on effects/amps in AMpkit. Wish I had known about Bias/jamup prior. Glad I got this , FAR BETTER VALUE within Bias.

Not sure if worth buying the extra add on or not, would like to see if others have any positives on the add on effects plugs (ie loomis overdrive etc).

I also use the Apogee Jam and wonder if the Jam 96k would make things less muddy and less digitally sounding ?:ugh:

Ripper7620

Reaction score
I noticed Jamup sounds scurvy if I click on an add on amp I haven't purchased.

ZXIIIT

XIII
Reaction score
Sorry for the double post, but did a review on a Carvin PM15a Powered Speaker, great speaker to use with Jam Up.

tripguitar

Settler of Catan
Reaction score
So I wanted to know if anyone has this problem, seems to happen on JamUp patches with a large number of fx primarily...

I have an iPad Mini Retina, Line 6 Sonic Port, JamUp Pro XT, and BIAS.

Even when i back out of all my other apps, and put the ipad on airplane mode, i get some clicking and popping now and then. Its really annoying when trying to record, i have to hope that during my take it doesnt pop or click... and sometimes it doesnt... but like 40% of my takes are ruined by them. I suppose I could try turning off "ultra low latency" but then i find it hard to play and record accurately....

Any other tricks to reduce popping and clicking? It seems absurd that one of the most recent and powerful iPads out there has this issue... could it be my line 6 sonic port?

Latest posts

')