The iOS Amp Modeler App Thread!

Zalbu

More time than skill
Reaction score
^its a big difference compared to something that goes into the 30 pin or lightning connector, man. I use an Apogee Jam for this stuff and a friend uses the first Peavey iLink, and the difference is really noticeable. There's a lot of interference going into and back out of the headphone port that's not there when you go into the charging port.

Maybe think about grabbing something else, either the Jam or the SonicPort or the iRig HD. It really helps. I've got no noise whatsoever.
Yeah, I'm going to pick up the Sonic Port whenever I get some spare cash anyways. I have to cut the high frequencies in post EQ when running it through my DAW just to be able to get a tone that doesn't hurt my ears. :noplease:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MBMoreno

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm going to pick up the Sonic Port whenever I get some spare cash anyways. I have to cut the high frequencies in post EQ when running it through my DAW just to be able to get a tone that doesn't hurt my ears. :noplease:

I was using an iRig, and now have a Sonic Port. Night and day difference.

Neko

Reaction score
Finally remembered the word I've been trying to remember.

What I've been trying to say is I would like the dry signal from jamup into my DAW. I guess I can record a clean sound into the DAW but this isn't technically the dry signal if you understand what I mean.

You can't send a dry signal from a DAW through jamup then back into the DAW can you?

You can do that, but I'm afraid the latency will be quite noticeable.

Aghasura

Reaction score
Other than the reduction in noise, is the tone of a 30 pin or lightning connector adapter superior to the jamup plug, as well? I have only been getting "so so" tones with my jam up adapter.

Aghasura

Reaction score
i went back to the beginning of this thread, and some folks almost immediately indicated that the differences in tone are stark between the two types of interface. Awesome. I'm SOOOO hoping I can get away with using jamup for nearly everything. Have to do a live performance, and I'd love to get into the venue early to see how it sounds through the PA.

ZXIIIT

XIII
Reaction score
i went back to the beginning of this thread, and some folks almost immediately indicated that the differences in tone are stark between the two types of interface. Awesome. I'm SOOOO hoping I can get away with using jamup for nearly everything. Have to do a live performance, and I'd love to get into the venue early to see how it sounds through the PA.

I've been using the Jam Up plug live since 2012 and have never had an issue with it, even while recording.

Just make sure you are not clipping on your device before you go into the PA, will give your soundguy room to work with.

Aghasura

Reaction score
I've been using the Jam Up plug live since 2012 and have never had an issue with it, even while recording.

Just make sure you are not clipping on your device before you go into the PA, will give your soundguy room to work with.

So appreciative of all your vids and stuff, man. You're one of the people who's videos convinced me to give jamup a shot (and I think positive grid should at least give you free stuff for your promotional work! :D).

That said, I have simply not had great luck with the software/hardware. I'm not sure which is the culprit, but I have a feeling it's the hardware. When I see all these videos of guys getting great tones (most recent was the monster player Rick Graham), I'm friggin' jealous, and it makes me continue to give this little setup a shot.

ZXIIIT

XIII
Reaction score
So appreciative of all your vids and stuff, man. You're one of the people who's videos convinced me to give jamup a shot (and I think positive grid should at least give you free stuff for your promotional work! :D).

That said, I have simply not had great luck with the software/hardware. I'm not sure which is the culprit, but I have a feeling it's the hardware. When I see all these videos of guys getting great tones (most recent was the monster player Rick Graham), I'm friggin' jealous, and it makes me continue to give this little setup a shot.

Glad to hear that man, and Positive Grid has been nothing short of awesome to me, :) appreciate it!

Do you get any issues when connecting to headphones ?

Positive Grid also has a Jam Up HD plug
Positive Grid – JamUp Plug HD

Ripper7620

Reaction score
Sonic Port finally arrived, here's a pic of my first run through with Bias/Jamup:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    522.1 KB · Views: 27

Steinmetzify

CHUG & SLUDGE
Reaction score
Looks good to me man. Throw an OD in front of it and tear it up! Let us know what you think; I'm always interested in what guys that are just starting with this stuff think about the tones they're getting. Don't forget about the 'share' function. Can't find/tweak something you're happy with? There are literally thousands of pre-done rigs in there. Good luck!

Ripper7620

Reaction score
Thanks, I haven't fleshed out the goods yet, this may take some time, but so far noise free. I read through most of this thread over the course of many weeks, but I don't recall anyone mentioning using a headphone amp with the plugins. I notice I only get noise if I try to turn it up loud through the various apps & was wondering if a headphone amp would be of any use. I'm going to try through my sterio just for giggles.

weirdoku

Reaction score
Sonic Port finally arrived, here's a pic of my first run through with Bias/Jamup:

So jealous. Mine should be coming today! I've already downloaded the app and a few packs but I can't plug my damn guitars in!

Ripper7620

Reaction score
You're gonna be impressed, there's so many possibilities it can be overwhelming. I'm still trying to get everything organized on audiobus. Bias is freakin awesome, a big step up from the free jamup app. I'm waiting for a chance to get on wifi to download jamup ProXT.

Ripper7620

Reaction score
Does Bais run on an iPhone 4? Got a negative from the App Store.

Ripper7620

Reaction score
Alright Audiosbus is the sh!t! Can you configure Magellan to get the synth tones with a guitar? Still gotta check out Flyin Haggis, but got it downloaded. Amplitude has been a disappointment, but I haven't really given it a chance yet. Also, how do you get iRig Blueboard to work? Does it work with Audiobus? Okay Garagband is how to get volume without adding noise. Oh man Magellan in the effects loop is sick as hell!

')