The KEY to mastery and freedom

• Thread starter Magnus Gautestad
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Magnus Gautestad

Reaction score
:hbang:This concept is so simple and genius , and really common sense if you think about it, that I wanted to share it :

Play something : Observe what your mind first think about. Write down that first thought. That thought is a barrier for feeling the music, and needs to be removed (if your goal is to express yourself freely). Isolate that one thing, solve it, and move on.

The awesome stuff about this is that you know what to practice (the first thought), and what order ( first thought is what you need to remove first )

Example : You improvise. The first thought you come up with is " the playing is sloppy, the notes are covered by noise". Then you know what to sit down and isolate.

This is the key masters do consciously or unconsciously.

Good practice.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Rizzo

Reaction score
think -> imagine -> play -> think -> imagine...and so on...

That's a pretty good philosophy too IMHO :)

Grimbold

Reaction score
my issue is that sometimes i dont really hear issues in my technique i just lack inspiration :/ advice?

Magnus Gautestad

Reaction score
Lacking inspiration is something I can definetly relate to. It is very common. My guitar teacher advices this, and so do I:

Think about what inspires you and take charge of your inspiration level. Do these things more, just as you would practice teqhnique or what ever.

Here are the activities that inspires me to move forward and create:
Full concerts at youtube
Listen to music really loud
Remember the core reasons for start playing music
Use fear. Channel it and think about what you want to avoid.
Look for inspiration outside music : art, movies, books etc.
Go to concerts
Jam with other people
Songwriting

What are yours?

Latest posts

')