The lefty auction thread!

• Thread starter Pauly
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

UGH

Reaction score
Good lookin' out, yo! I ordered mines' with a Floyd....

jakeofthumbs

blue steel thumb
Reaction score
Hey guys.

I am *seriously* considering chucking my Soundworks custom lefty 7 up for sale - I really need a 27" scale 7 for my current band, and while this guitar is a one off, and gorgeous to play, I just don't get around to it, and it's a waste to have it sitting there.

n603738635_2236327_6822427.jpg

n603738635_2236326_3569747.jpg

n603738635_2236324_3262176.jpg

n603738635_2236322_2782157.jpg

My favourite thing about this guitar is the rock maple neck - satinised finish, feels as perfect as my girlfriends ass. There is a small chip near the input jack, which I'll post a photo of when I put it up. The only other issue is a crackly volume pot, easy fix, again, just haven't got around to it.

I got it for around $4000 new, and considering the utter lack of anything but metal 7 strings available for lefties, I'm sure someone out there would be interested in this.

I'll start the auction at $1500, with a buyout of $2000 (fast sell, need to get this other guitar before I start recording). Shipping is from Australia, and will be extra - will have to work it out depending on where you are. Feel free to whim me if you want to discuss terms before I chuck it up on the 'bay!

*EDIT* Will post full specs when I get home tomorrow - I have them in an email. Soundworks guitars were a small company, started by luthier Chris Finch, before he took over at Maton Guitars. There are very few of his electrics out there, but they're all top notch. Definitely an ebony fingerboard, pretty sure the body is alder, and the body size is slightly smaller than that of a regular strat. 25.5 inch scale, and the pickups are Seymour Duncans, possibly a '59 and a JB4? I'll have to take a look at them, haha. :D

Gila_Crisis

Reaction score
wow! that lefty ESP Stef-B8 it's just a wonder! (ok maybe another colour than black would be fine, but what ever...)

stuglue

Reaction score
If you are in the UK there are quite a few guys out there who stock lefty parts.
Max Cottam of Cottam guitars supplied me with the Korn whammy bar which will be accompanied by a dimarzio X2n7 and a Liquifire purchased from a Sheffield dealer who is on Ebay by the username of richevo (he also makes guitars too). Also Jaden Rose is a helpful guy who'll try and find what you need.

UVWHLHSINCE1998

Reaction score
Hi everybody !

I'm joining the thread after missing many good deals...

Hope to get some fresh news for the forum from time to time.

I'm French and playing a converted LH UVWH Universe played upside down from 1994 to 1998 and then converted to LH (money...lol)

It has the monkey grip and... It's not for sale ! :)

Probably one of the very first LH Universe...

See ya all

Nick

Pauly

Not so local lefty
Reaction score
It was a Chris Woods body IIRC, Jem but 7 string, several years old. The one coming back is the Feline Guitars body I've tried selling 100 times but keeps coming back to me lol. I'll do a FS thread when I get it back.

')