The Les Paul thread

• Thread starter budda
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

rifftrauma

Trapped in time...
Contributor
Reaction score
Ended up getting some new hardware from Corsa-Faber for my LPC. Went with a tone-lock master kit, essentially an ABR that locks in place and won't fall off when the strings are removed. I wanted to try the top wrap method so here we are... also sacrilegiously replaced the original Grover tuners for the locking version and added strap locks as the coup de grace. Plays wonderfully! 20240720_104210.jpg

Attachments

• 20240720_104142.jpg
    20240720_104142.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 9

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

wiretap

Reaction score
Ended up getting some new hardware from Corsa-Faber for my LPC. Went with a tone-lock master kit, essentially an ABR that locks in place and won't fall off when the strings are removed. I wanted to try the top wrap method so here we are... also sacrilegiously replaced the original Grover tuners for the locking version and added strap locks as the coup de grace. Plays wonderfully! View attachment 147255

I’m not really into figured tops all that much but the cobra burst finish is super rad. I could see myself falling victim to gas for one in a flame-top and tear drop shape.

My local tech decided to do a top-wrap on one my LP’s and I switched it back immediately, but I also have my string tension worked out exactly how I like it with the low tunings I use and the top-wrap made it too slinky for my tastes. YMMV

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
Ended up getting some new hardware from Corsa-Faber for my LPC. Went with a tone-lock master kit, essentially an ABR that locks in place and won't fall off when the strings are removed. I wanted to try the top wrap method so here we are... also sacrilegiously replaced the original Grover tuners for the locking version and added strap locks as the coup de grace. Plays wonderfully! View attachment 147255
I was considering the improved studs for my abr/nashville setup on my goldtop, but it still means a bushing on the body.

Enjoy!

I take strings off one by one so no need yet for a lock.
I’m not really into figured tops all that much but the cobra burst finish is super rad. I could see myself falling victim to gas for one in a flame-top and tear drop shape.

My local tech decided to do a top-wrap on one my LP’s and I switched it back immediately, but I also have my string tension worked out exactly how I like it with the low tunings I use and the top-wrap made it too slinky for my tastes. YMMV
Yeah top wrapping isnt for me either. Make sure the strings clear the bridge and set up from there. I may still try a lightning guitars bridge eventually. I run lighter strings than ever before :lol:

')