The Les Paul thread

• Thread starter budda
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

nightsprinter

resident pat metheny fanatic
Contributor
Reaction score

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

wiretap

Reaction score
I went against advice (per usual) and bought a guitar I couldn't try first (seller's pictures):

View attachment 147557

We'll see how it is! I'm ready to throw some work into it to make it killer. I've always like the idea of Orvilles, and I couldn't find a Gibbons that I loved the look of. So - another Fujigen guitar for me!

I generally buy guitars online without trying. Granted, if it’s a more expensive purchase I try to go through something with a return policy but I have yet to have any horrible experience like getting a total dog. Even the LPC I got that arrived with a broken headstock thanks to UPS is now a champ after the repair.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score

Stiman

Reaction score
I generally buy guitars online without trying. Granted, if it’s a more expensive purchase I try to go through something with a return policy but I have yet to have any horrible experience like getting a total dog. Even the LPC I got that arrived with a broken headstock thanks to UPS is now a champ after the repair.

So you decided to keep it with the broken headstock? Did you get a mad discount/money back?

Jon Pearson

SS.org Regular
Reaction score

I'm much the same. Generally I've been able to solve most things with a setup and maybe a touch up on solder. Had a couple dogs in my time but that's the game 🤷

wiretap

Reaction score
So you decided to keep it with the broken headstock? Did you get a mad discount/money back?

Yeah, they gave me a discount even though the reverb policy had expired, (bought it on tour and didn’t get home to check it out until nearly a month later) and that covered the repair. It’s also heavily reliced so the repair doesn’t look out of place (it’s the black LPC I posted a few pages back, quite a few photos in this thread) and I got a killer price on it to begin with. I did file a claim with UPS but that was mostly a waste of time. I bought it with the intentions of having it refinished eventually, also. If it had been brand new or something, I probably would’ve wanted to return it or whatever but as it is it’s fine - Plays great and sounds awesome.

')