The Live Show Mishaps Thread

• Thread starter DrakkarTyrannis
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

lewis

Reaction score
Bread crackers, and maybe a little water. Play it safe.
good shout on the crackers. Will get a few in me now before I head off to the venue.
Im alternating between water and the odd sip here and there of Lucozade (glucose energy drink) to keep hydrated and try to keep energy up somewhat.

Humbuck

Can't stop, won't stop
Reaction score
This is real talk. I have played on a full stomach and wondered if I was going to puke.

My brother broke his bass neck on his first US run with us, but it wasnt really a mishap.

I have fallen into the drumkit (saved it though).

Does no signal going to the amp anymore count?

I've had to puke on stage before too...somehow it wasn't as bad as puking from the south mouth.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Blasphemer

Bird Law expert
Reaction score
Not much has happened to me while playing. Broken strings, amp stops working, hit the wrong pedal/patch. What I'm super afraid of, however, is my console crashing or another kind of disaster like that at work. I hope I never have to deal with that.

For example, a good friend of mine works for the largest touring company in the US, and gets put on as a monitor tech for some pretty bigtime bands. Sometimes he works for the Deftones. He was at this show:

I asked him about what happened, and it had to do with a stage rack going down. We kept talking about it for a while, and then I realized he was on his honeymoon. I was texting him about what was probably one of his worst days of work ever while he was trying to get away from it with his new wife. Oops...

Humbuck

Can't stop, won't stop
Reaction score
I once had a vintage Marshall Superlead and 4x12 completely knocked over during a set by an insanely rowdy crowd. Actually, there was a girl standing next to my rig at the time who was trying to avoid the crazy crowd and she ended up getting pushed into the amp, knocking it over and falling completely over it herself. No sound. I saw red. The crowd picked her up right away then picked up my stack which was switched off in the fall. I hit the switch and it fired right up fine. Whew.

Lozek

Desk Magnetic
Contributor
Reaction score
No visible stage mis-haps, only a split fingernail which ripped off after getting caught on the strings and the usual cable issues. An ex-guitarist once knee'd John Bush's wife in the head though.

buriedoutback

Reaction score
a long time ago, I switched from bass to guitar in Empyrean Plague. We did a show where I played bass for all but the last song, and introduced our new bass player for the finale. I don't remember the amp I used, but I used a pedal for my distorted tone. I guess I didn't bother checking it before "going live" ... the gain and treble knobs were maxed ... the looks on the crowds faces ... painful ... embarrassing ... asap I reached down and fixed the knobs.

ZXIIIT

XIII
Reaction score
I've had a few mishaps performing as a one man band, but nothing beats ending my set early because the sound guy left after my first song to do who knows what behind the venue...(skip to 1:31)

Reaction score
I've had a few mishaps performing as a one man band, but nothing beats ending my set early because the sound guy left after my first song to do who knows what behind the venue...(skip to 1:31)

As someone who's in a one man band...I feel this on a spiritual level. Subscribed

lewis

Reaction score
thankfully my bands debut show went swimmingly! No puke-shit mishaps either so win hhaha

Here is our first single "Declaration" from the show (we didnt get a soundcheck so this first song on the night was used literally as a quick line check thing as we went)

Latest posts