The making of Lilith. A 6 String Dream.

• Thread starter Whitestrat
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Whitestrat

Reaction score
Oh My GAWD!!!!!!!!
goldtop75-albums-schroeder-custom-build-picture34931-img-1973.jpg

BRW board with neck:
goldtop75-albums-schroeder-custom-build-picture34930-img-1972.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

BlackMastodon

\m/ (゚Д゚) \m/
Contributor
Reaction score
Absolutely amazing inlay. But that body is hella thick, any more carving gonna happen on the backside of it? Looks to be on the heavier side.

rob_707

but will it Bethesda?
Reaction score
if you don't mind me asking, but what kind of disk is on that grinder that your using to carve the top of the body??

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The inlay looks cool, but what is it with guys using colored filler instead of doing actual inlay work recently? I mean the guy clearly has the talent to cut the pieces given the leaves etc :scratch:

Whitestrat

Reaction score
The inlay looks cool, but what is it with guys using colored filler instead of doing actual inlay work recently? I mean the guy clearly has the talent to cut the pieces given the leaves etc :scratch:

Coloured filler? Where'd you get that from? :scratch: The green leaves, blue flowers and light brown branches are made of stained pertified wood. Not filler material.

Alberto7

Living room guitarist. Ex-bedroom guitarist.
Contributor
Reaction score
That inlay is very sexy, and the name Lilith is just badass. It's looking really good so far, so I definitely want to keep track of this build! :)

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Coloured filler? Where'd you get that from? :scratch: The green leaves, blue flowers and light brown branches are made of stained pertified wood. Not filler material.

Yeah the plants look like they're all cut and pieced. The big metallic looking part of the inlay looks like it was done with colored filler (the reason you can see it squished into the fret slots). If I'm wrong it's cool, but it looks like brass putty

goldtop75-albums-schroeder-custom-build-picture34931-img-1973.jpg

Whitestrat

Reaction score
The big metallic looking part of the inlay looks like it was done with colored filler (the reason you can see it squished into the fret slots). If I'm wrong it's cool, but it looks like brass putty

Uh... dude, that's MOP. Not filler.:lol:

It looks like that because it was originally laid in as a whole piece, then slowly reslotted for the frets. And that fretboard wasn't radiused yet either, so the inlay is pretty thick.

Athena is an artist. She not only embellished my original inlay design, I also left the specs of the inlay entirely to her, with the exception that the main figure MUST be MOP. She then chose to design the colours and leaves, flowers etc around the look of my general guitar. Meaning it's designed with the whole guitar's look in mind. Not just for it to stick out like a sore thumb.

She's awesome man!

')