The Modern Warfare 2 Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

vampiregenocide

Reaction score
yeah it made my day when I saw that on ol' Wikipedia :lol:

And teh guy doing the voice of Soap is Kevin McKidd from Dog Soliders (Fave horror film evar) :wub:

kevin_mckidd_1.jpg

Scar Symmetry

Ex Whiny Bitch
Reaction score
ah sweet :yesway:

it's a little over 2 months now! this game is going to be brutal :evil:

two map packs confirmed for DLC already, MW1s only Multiplayer downfall is that a) the only good map on the Map Pack was Broadcast and b) there was only one Map Pack.

Xbox Live's reaction to those two maps may also shape future DLC, awesome :evil:

vampiregenocide

Reaction score
ah sweet :yesway:

it's a little over 2 months now! this game is going to be brutal :evil:

two map packs confirmed for DLC already, MW1s only Multiplayer downfall is that a) the only good map on the Map Pack was Broadcast and b) there was only one Map Pack.

Xbox Live's reaction to those two maps may also shape future DLC, awesome :evil:

I suppose those games are a bit more graphic intense so building new maps for them isn't as easy as Halo. I guess MW2 will call for the extra attention though.

I can't wait for it man :wallbash:

Scar Symmetry

Ex Whiny Bitch
Reaction score
no I suppose, but they managed it for CoD:WaW.

I meant 'those two map packs' not 'those two maps' :)

orb451

Banned
Reaction score
I'm getting my 360 chipped/modded within the next week or two (costing me $30). Not to get "uber" god status or cheat in games, but because it allows you to play copied games & games released early. Not sure if you guys know this but these games usually get leaked in one channel or another weeks or sometimes a month in advance.

I'll report back and let you know if the modding bricks the whole thing or not. And yes it allows you to play online without getting banned.

On topic, this game is a career/life ender for me. I guarantee work days will be missed, my girl's gonna be neglected, bills will go unpaid. It's going to be armageddon for me personally. I hope MS doesn't decide in their infinite stupidity to do some more server tweaking days after this games release.

Anyone remember COD4's release? It was about 2 weeks afterwards and MS's servers shit the bed and Live was down for days. Not sure if the COD4 load caused it or not but it SUCKED. Then when it finally came back up it was non-stop Christmas N00B's for weeks (though that was actually pretty fun).

orb.............

vampiregenocide

Reaction score
I'm getting my 360 chipped/modded within the next week or two (costing me $30). Not to get "uber" god status or cheat in games, but because it allows you to play copied games & games released early. Not sure if you guys know this but these games usually get leaked in one channel or another weeks or sometimes a month in advance.

I'll report back and let you know if the modding bricks the whole thing or not. And yes it allows you to play online without getting banned.

On topic, this game is a career/life ender for me. I guarantee work days will be missed, my girl's gonna be neglected, bills will go unpaid. It's going to be armageddon for me personally. I hope MS doesn't decide in their infinite stupidity to do some more server tweaking days after this games release.

Anyone remember COD4's release? It was about 2 weeks afterwards and MS's servers shit the bed and Live was down for days. Not sure if the COD4 load caused it or not but it SUCKED. Then when it finally came back up it was non-stop Christmas N00B's for weeks (though that was actually pretty fun).

orb.............

Good, because moddies ruin COD :squint: Them and their damned rapid fire.

No doubt the servers will be slow, but I don't think it will be as bad as it was then. I would assume they've prepared for this. Otherwise they are noobs.

orb451

Banned
Reaction score
Yeah I agree the guys that mod their boxes or their controllers for bullshit full-auto-everything are fucking worthless.

And I don't place much faith in MS not fucking this up, either with some stupid mandatory update around that time or just because I'm surprised they're collectively able to piss without wetting the front of their pants as a company.

Though I will hope, against my pessimism, that all goes smooth and everyone gets to enjoy the game.

Looks like they put a LOT of new weapons in there and agree with what others said about the map packs, IW ought to take a note from one of the few things Treyarch managed NOT to fuck up and release map packs many and often.

vampiregenocide

Reaction score
Yeah I agree the guys that mod their boxes or their controllers for bullshit full-auto-everything are fucking worthless.

And I don't place much faith in MS not fucking this up, either with some stupid mandatory update around that time or just because I'm surprised they're collectively able to piss without wetting the front of their pants as a company.

Though I will hope, against my pessimism, that all goes smooth and everyone gets to enjoy the game.

Looks like they put a LOT of new weapons in there and agree with what others said about the map packs, IW ought to take a note from one of the few things Treyarch managed NOT to fuck up and release map packs many and often.

They do fuck up a lot, but I dno I'm positive about this one. I think we'll be alright. Thought tbh I woulnd't mind, it would give me a couple of weeks to do the campaign throughly.

And yeah they've beefed this game up so much :hbang: I think they'll release some cool maps, but its all good.

op1e

Spirit Taker
Reaction score
Hopefully multiple fire modes this time? Stupid not to be able to use single or burst modes as well as full auto. If not then looks like the Famas is already hindered. The best part of that weapon in RB6-3 and others was the 950 fire rate. Pistol attachments would be great. I always wanted a game where you could unlock compensators to make your pistols into tackdrivers. Also customizable restrictions would be nice for your listen server, so you could run pistols only or pistol/pump shotgun on CQB maps.

Scar Symmetry

Ex Whiny Bitch
Reaction score

they actually released a mandatory update last week to stop people from using modded controllers, they're pretty on it as far as I'm concerned.

Hopefully multiple fire modes this time? Stupid not to be able to use single or burst modes as well as full auto. If not then looks like the Famas is already hindered. The best part of that weapon in RB6-3 and others was the 950 fire rate. Pistol attachments would be great. I always wanted a game where you could unlock compensators to make your pistols into tackdrivers. Also customizable restrictions would be nice for your listen server, so you could run pistols only or pistol/pump shotgun on CQB maps.

they only made like the M16 and the G3 single or burst fire because they are so damn accurate. having full auto on those two guns would be overkill and would make the game boring as you'd be pretty much guaranteed a kill every time you fire just from accuracy.

I find both guns better than others on offer, even with the burst/single fire.

learn to aim properly if you can't get enough kills :fawk:

vampiregenocide

Reaction score
they actually released a mandatory update last week to stop people from using modded controllers, they're pretty on it as far as I'm concerned.

As far as I was aware they couldn't identify who was using them or not? And some of these kids are smart enough to mod their xboxes to avoid manditory updates anyway, at least it wouldn't suprise me.

IW need active staff players, kinda like Bungie do with Halo 3, to make sure no crazy shit is going down.

Scar Symmetry

Ex Whiny Bitch
Reaction score
I think it's good that they stop people cheating online.

cheat in single player, knock yourself out, but don't be a dick and give yourself the unfair advantage online where some people take it really seriously.

modding just screams "I'm not good enough without the mod", know what I mean?

Scar Symmetry

Ex Whiny Bitch
Reaction score
this just in:

Grenades will bounce and possibly roll back to your feet :ugh:

Interactive environments in multiplayer i.e. if your enemy is in the next room and bumps into a printer, it will make a scanning noise and you will know where they are!

something for you to chew on anyways.

vampiregenocide

Reaction score
I think it's good that they stop people cheating online.

cheat in single player, knock yourself out, but don't be a dick and give yourself the unfair advantage online where some people take it really seriously.

modding just screams "I'm not good enough without the mod", know what I mean?

Completely agree. Its such a noob thing to do.

this just in:

Grenades will bounce and possibly roll back to your feet :ugh:

Interactive environments in multiplayer i.e. if your enemy is in the next room and bumps into a printer, it will make a scanning noise and you will know where they are!

something for you to chew on anyways.

Didn't grenades bounce anyway?

Thats cool about more interactive maps though, will definately make thinsg more interesting.

Do you anything about the respawning on this new game? COD4 was horrible with spawn kills :noplease: The amount of times I've spawned literally right in front of the enemy team is horrible.

Having game type specific perk setting would be good too. Having martyrdom or juggernaut on hardcore gametypes is annoying. I just remove them from all my classes.

Scar Symmetry

Ex Whiny Bitch
Reaction score
haha spawn kills piss me off man :lol:

heard nothing about it yet.

discovered that Hans Zimmer writing the score is apparently very big news! Xbox Official Magazine weren't even allowed to announce it so consider that piece of tasty info a gift from me.

I hope to God that Matyrdom, Juggernaut and Last Stand are removed from the game as all 3 are fucking gay.

in fact, I know for a fact that MW2 will be employing the same Last Stand style that World at War did, teammates will be able to revive you - except this time you'll be see a timer telling you how long you have left for a teammate to revive you. goddamn I hate Last Stand :noplease:

op1e

Spirit Taker
Reaction score

they only made like the M16 and the G3 single or burst fire because they are so damn accurate. having full auto on those two guns would be overkill and would make the game boring as you'd be pretty much guaranteed a kill every time you fire just from accuracy.

I find both guns better than others on offer, even with the burst/single fire.

learn to aim properly if you can't get enough kills :fawk:

Or are they only so accurate BECAUSE they are single shot or burst. Hmm...

Latest posts

')