The moment of truth : Skervesen raptor NGD (56k GTFO)

• Thread starter Jlang
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

pwattyyy

Reaction score
Can someone please tell me what the finish is on the wenge and how to achieve this finish.
Also wicked guitar man! Super jealous, HNGD!

Jlang

I am Megatron
Reaction score
Hey guys. Thanks a tonne ; again.

As far as the finish of the neck. It was grain filled and a light light satin coat put over top. It feels absolutely amazing. Not quite like a raw oiled neck but pretty close.

As far as the stability and tone compared to maple , for me and it has a lot to do with the setup I run currently and it is quite bassy. Also the neck heel is really awesome. I will take some better photos later.

Tisca

Big-tube snob
Reaction score
Hot shit!

Does Skervesen do every "off" scale requested, like 26.2" for example?
Do you know what species of ebony is used for the board?

naysayers and people talking shit

Don't think I've ever heard/read anything negative. What are they bitching about?

CaptainD00M

Lungsman
Reaction score
Hey guys. Thanks a tonne ; again.

As far as the finish of the neck. It was grain filled and a light light satin coat put over top. It feels absolutely amazing. Not quite like a raw oiled neck but pretty close.

As far as the stability and tone compared to maple , for me and it has a lot to do with the setup I run currently and it is quite bassy. Also the neck heel is really awesome. I will take some better photos later.

So you wanted something that would emphasise the bass range?

I'm curious because I always thought it was a brighter wood or am I getting confused with walnut?

I have read that Wenge is used by a lot of boutique bass builders. I was just curious because there was a custom guitar on ET guitars website that was a wedge body with an ash cap but the way the had build it really meant it was about a 50/50 split wedge with ash. Wenge neck too. I thought it looked amazing, so I was basically specking for a future build that will probably happen in like well a really long time but anyway :lol:

Dreams are free right?

Anyway cudo's again on the sweet guitar, and I have to agree with Tisca, I haven't heard anything bad about Skervesen. If anything it was that they are quite simply amazing guitars.

twizza

Social Assassin
Reaction score
Let's be honest here -- This guitar could easily make the Kessel run in less than 12 parsecs.

goherpsNderp

no refutin' rasputen
Reaction score
i'd name it "The White Walker". ;)

beautiful guitar man. stunning finish and choice of woods/electronics.

MAJ Meadows SF

on a tone quest
Reaction score
from your front yard, staring into your window
How did I miss this NGD? Unbelievable guitar. I adore that color and am glad to see people getting that on some sweet looking and sounding instruments. It sounds very good in the clip, all things considered. Congrats man it is a beautiful axe!

Jlang

I am Megatron
Reaction score
Don't think I've ever heard/read anything negative. What are they bitching about?

and I have to agree with Tisca, I haven't heard anything bad about Skervesen. If anything it was that they are quite simply amazing guitars.

Apparently people were receiving guitars with neck pocket gaps and misaligned bridge saddles or something to that affect, there was a few other issues people kept complaining about but I didn't really pay attention. Anyways this guitar is seriously flawless, I have looked it over with a fine tooth comb about a dozen times trying to find an 'imperfection' if you will, and nadda. The attention to detail is just crazy, on this guitar anyway. If you have a build in with them currently, get ....ing stoked.

jasperx01

Reaction score
Just wondering...

i'm ordering a Raptor with Viper headstock too

will the headstock be too small to use a wall hanger?

Latest posts

')