The most beautiful 7-string ever....

• Thread starter Nik
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Nik

Arrogant asshole
Reaction score
...At least, I think so. I suppose it's a matter of taste. Anyway, I got bored in class today and drew this baby. I spent a while considering every detail as to make this guitar perfect.

Ignore the bridge. It's supposed to be a FR (I drew it from memory). Oh and yeah, half of the fretboard is one wood, the other different, Conklin style. I was going for maximum elegance.

I still haven't decided where to put the pick-up switch ;)

Anyway, the shaded areas are obviously either a different colour or slanted. Any thoughts? Any interested luthiers lol ?

Attachments

• lowres1.jpg
    lowres1.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 132

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Karl Hungus

You're no daisy.
Contributor
Reaction score
Very SG style, which I don't particularly like. Overall it wouldn't be my thing, but don't let that dissuade you. If it sounds good, plays good, and you think it looks the business, then who can argue with that?

SHREDDER

ShredAholic
Reaction score
Nik said:
Any thoughts? Any interested luthiers lol ?

Warmoth will custom make any body shape you like. And you could get a neck from LGM.

Nik

Arrogant asshole
Reaction score
Karl Hungus said:
Very SG style, which I don't particularly like. Overall it wouldn't be my thing, but don't let that dissuade you. If it sounds good, plays good, and you think it looks the business, then who can argue with that?

Thanks for your criticism guys ;) I have loads of different stuff, I might post some more eventually.

As for the body, well, I hate Gibson designs, so I find the fact that you say it looks like an SG mildly offensive ;) I don't like SGs either. What I was going for with the body was basically an RG shape which I rounded the edges a bit and tapered the sharp ends.

BTW how much do these Warmoth guys charge?

Shawn

ESP • Ibanez
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Weird body shape. The headstock does look cool. Cool drawing. :)

maliciousteve

Contributor
Reaction score
Looks cool, but i'd have the bottom of the guitar a bit wider, it would probably balance a bit better if you got it done too :agreed:

Nik

Arrogant asshole
Reaction score
For the hell of it, I decided to post a couple more of my fave sketches.

First up is a 7-string Jazz semi-hollow guitar. What's interesting about it is that it still has a rocking shape even though it's semi-hollow. The f-holes are intergrated into the guitar's contour. It also has 29 frets. For a more streamlined look, volume and tone controls and pick up switch are on the top edge of the guitar.

The second guitar is a double-neck 8-string guitar. Top is normal, bottom is fretless. Tone controls on top edge.

The third guitar is a chapman-stick style guitar. It isn't as bass oriented as a Chapman stick (goes higher) and is suitible for crazy tapped solos, though it can be finger-picked or even picked with a pick (though angle is a bit odd). Building the church intro anyone?

The next guitar is pretty insane, I think. It's same as above, except double-neck. Top neck goes uber low, bottom neck goes uber high... fanned frets and bass pick-ups complete the angular design. Oh, and trapezoidal inlays ;)

And the last guitar is made solely for metal. The body is unique and sharp and screams of heavy grooves. It's like a normal 6-string with 4 bass strings on top for over-the-top metal. Fanner frets allow for a scale similar to Ibanez 6-strings on the high notes for solos and plenty of tension on the lows. The neck shold probably be a bit wider, but it's hard drawing stuff accurately while sitting in class.

Any comments?

')