The N-tune?

• Thread starter hufschmid
  • Start date
  • Tags
    n-tune
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Elysian

Banned
Reaction score
Indeed, one of my customers turned me on to this about a month ago, I'm going to have to get me a couple, for my 6 and 7.

hufschmid

Banned
Reaction score
Indeed, one of my customers turned me on to this about a month ago, I'm going to have to get me a couple, for my 6 and 7.

I just received a mail from them, very quick respond, I like that a lot for a first contact :yesway:

I think I'm going to get a bunch of them, love the idea!

MF_Kitten

Set up us the bomb
Reaction score
looks handy for more normal guitars, but how does it handle notes lower than E? and D? and C? and so on?

does it handle a low f#? :p

CynicEidolon

And still he waits..
Reaction score
There was a guy that posted NGD vids that had this on his Agile 8.

jymellis

Talk To DeWalt
Reaction score
i wonder if there will be any output loss since there is another connection?

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Interesting idea, but i already have push-pull pots i'm using for other stuff. And i wonder how accurate they are. My Peterson has spoiled me and i cannot use a less accurate tuner.

liquidcow

Reaction score
I guess this probably wouldn't fit on to an S-series Ibanez as it's too thin....

ugmung

Banned
Reaction score
i didn't listen to it, so i don't know if he mentioned it. but how do you tune to half steps with that?

Scar Symmetry

Ex Whiny Bitch
Reaction score
I can't see the video coz I'm at work, are these those auto-tune things? I saw those at MusikMesse 2006... they didn't appeal to me very much. cool idea though.

hufschmid

Banned
Reaction score
I just wrote an e-mail to them asking if it can also pick up low tuning for baritone or extended range guitars...

Will post the reply...

ugmung

Banned
Reaction score
I can't see the video coz I'm at work, are these those auto-tune things? I saw those at MusikMesse 2006... they didn't appeal to me very much. cool idea though.

they're not auto-tuners, no. it's just an onboard tuner.

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score
The Sherman guitar I have on order is going to have one of those. Not sure how well it will fair on the low B and F#...

If you're not sure how well it will fare, why are you having it built into the guitar without testing one first?

Is the installation reversible?

ugmung

Banned
Reaction score
If you're not sure how well it will fare, why are you having it built into the guitar without testing one first?

Is the installation reversible?

yeah, it's not permanant. i believe it stays on with a washer type of thing. it's powered by a 9-volt with "true" bypass, but i'm not sure about that. :lol: i wouldn't think it would be hard to uninstall it. if it doesn't work that great, i would just keep it in for kicks.

')