The "NAMM 2021" Thread

• Thread starter DrakkarTyrannis
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

jnthrngd

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I’m pretty stoked for ESP doing the 30th anniversary reissue of the KH3 but haven’t decided on it yet. I don’t wanna miss out and then have the price double on the “used“ (flipping) market, lol.

There’s some cool changes/additions which I like but it still has the USA horn and it never looked quite right to me.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Athor

Reaction score
I should've grab this kv when it is available. I think I am waiting for my own bloody kv at that time ...
Yeah its wicked. If i remember correctly Eric Meyer (Dark Angel) wrote he found it on Ebay.

Wish they made an Korean model of it, maybe i could afford one like it.

mmr007

(anti)Social Influencer
Reaction score
Ok...after careful analysis I have concluded the following. I am SO fucking out of touch with guitar trends and directions. My perfect guitar lineup for 2021 should look like 1991. I just want Ibanez to keep re-releasing the RG750DX year after year and I'm happy.

To me a headless guitar is a gibson that fell off its stand. It's not something I would ever want. I'm not criticizing those who like it but I don't get it. Isn't the headstock one of the defining characteristics of a guitar that contributes to why we like it so much in the first place?

Anyway...gotta go those same damn kids are back on my lawn again.

Wc707

Reaction score
Was really hoping for some 26.5in 7 string Prestiges this year. That floating trem purple would be perfect with a longer scale and different pickups. Already have an RG with PAFs and need something new.

That Green/Black Axion label had me excited for it to be a prestige, but then i saw Axion Label so who knows on quality‍♂️

Alas, i guess we'll see what Schecter has this year.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Is this confirmed? If so can you SHOW MEEEEEE, I'd do a lot of things for a KH-3 that isn't beaten to shit (which is all I can seem to find on reverb).

Yeah I was speculating in the ESP thread that they'd do it because Kirk got his first KH3 in 1991. Would actually be badass if they did it.

BenjaminW

Reaction score
Ok so carrying over from the Fender/EVH and Peavey thread, Wolfie posted a pic on Twitter of him doing some filming at 5150, and there's a new 5150 behind the ES-335 which is basically an EVH amp with Peavey cosmetics. My GAS has gone up higher for an amp that has only one known photo/hasn't been officially announced yet.

Eq6kGcKUYAAnm78.jpg

Possessed

Reaction score
Yeah its wicked. If i remember correctly Eric Meyer (Dark Angel) wrote he found it on Ebay.

Thomann from Germany also had one instock. I still have the pics they sent me. It costs 3500e iirc.

Possessed

Reaction score

I just checked the one from Thomann has only 22 frets and sharkfin inlay.

Athor

Reaction score
Thomann from Germany also had one instock. I still have the pics they sent me. It costs 3500e iirc.
All that money, just to get a kahler, reversed headstock and splatter finish.

I would buy if i had the funds :-D

Bearitone

Reaction score
Ok...after careful analysis I have concluded the following. I am SO fucking out of touch with guitar trends and directions. My perfect guitar lineup for 2021 should look like 1991. I just want Ibanez to keep re-releasing the RG750DX year after year and I'm happy.

To me a headless guitar is a gibson that fell off its stand. It's not something I would ever want. I'm not criticizing those who like it but I don't get it. Isn't the headstock one of the defining characteristics of a guitar that contributes to why we like it so much in the first place?

Anyway...gotta go those same damn kids are back on my lawn again.
The only reason i still own guitars with headstocks is because you need one to have an Evertune bridge.

Why would you want an extra 5 to 7 inches hanging off the end of your guitar?

mmr007

(anti)Social Influencer
Reaction score
van halen.jpg

When I was young I never drooled over this guitar...neither did anyone I know. To me a guitar's headstock is a critical aspect of its overall character and appeal. There is a functionality aspect of a guitar that is important...and an aesthetic aspect that actually drives the interest in the hobby even more. Everyone is different and I recognize that my desires are not the same as others. In fact I think it was the first sentence in my post.

jnthrngd

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Is this confirmed? If so can you SHOW MEEEEEE, I'd do a lot of things for a KH-3 that isn't beaten to shit (which is all I can seem to find on reverb).

Confirmed. ESP Japan spoke about it last year and I’ve seen a photo (can’t share it, sorry). I think I ran through the basic specs in the esp thread but it’s basically gonna be like the 2006 version which I’ve attached here.

• ESP and LTD versions
    Modified/USA style headstock and horn
  • Full inlays
  • Scalloped at 17+
  • Kirk’s EMGs
  • Larger spider graphic with a green spider, yellow skull, white web
  • 3 way Gibson toggle (prior Ltd has a blade)
I kinda was unsure about it at first but I think the updated graphic is pretty cool and is closer to Kirk’s original in terms of size.
99A9C764-4AB2-4F17-AFE2-E51FAA0BDA09.jpeg

Reaction score
I wish Dean would quit humping Dime's corpse and stop with the million models every year but hey people like it.

That Kerry V is just as horrendously stupid looking as he is. It boggles my mind how he went from such an iconic signature like the BC Rich V with Beast headstock, to whatever that mess is.

Honestly I'm just holding out hope for a Modifier reissue. I'm not particularly crazy about the Dean brand. They just happen to make the guitar I like. If ANYONE else made it how I liked I'd jump ship and never look back. They were gonna bring back the Modifier for the Select series and the prototype was on Reverb for a while. Hopefully they do it this year. I'd love one with a Kahler and V neck profile.

AJS

Reaction score
I wish Dean would quit humping Dime's corpse and stop with the million models every year but hey people like it.

I mean it goes without saying, if people didn't buy them, they wouldn't make so many.

It's the same reason why Billy Joel was able to play a sold out show every month at Madison Square Garden for 6 years (and would've kept going if not for Covid)--people just kept buying tickets every month, to the surprise of Billy Joel.

Reaction score
People actually want those models. Dean's become synonymous with Dime and if they stopped, Dime and Dean fans would have a shit fit.

Besides I suppose it keeps Dime's old woman paid. That's just business. I'm not even bothered by the ethics. I say it solely out of being tired of seeing Dime models and them being released as news. It's like if you're hoping the big news in Nintendo is something really interesting and all they do is give you more Mario...again.

InfinityCollision

Reaction score
I like guitars for the music I can make with them :shrug: Never felt headstocks were an essential part of the package, if anything they're an inconvenience.

Latest posts

')