The "NAMM 2021" Thread

• Thread starter DrakkarTyrannis
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Nightside

I AM THE EMPEROR
Reaction score

Oh and as said before, the guitar became known as the Kill Bon Jovi guitar, after Het put a decal on the headstock after breaking it.

jackson-kv1-king-v-signature-dave-mustaine-6-55f294e880afbdc307ddc5e7.jpg

It's just a cool fucking guitar. You don't see many King V's spec'd like an actual Gibson besides the Scott Ian V.

Does it have the Gibson scale length?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Crumbling

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Its Fender scale length I'm pretty sure, both the Hetfield KV and the new KVTMG

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah, that maple isn't doing it any favors. Just seems so mis-matchy, you know?

Agree to disagree but I do wish the black version of this had a maple board available. There other colors I would have preferred, but what they released isn't a deal breaker for me. Personally I'm hoping the floyd and ss fret options show up in the Mod Shop as that would sort of solve the whole issue :lol:

Bearitone

Reaction score
every string has its own spring that keeps the tension and with that tuning of the string constant
how I understanding that's exactly how an Evertune works just they give you no handles to move the saddles like the Tremologic does
Well shit, that sounds awesome. I’m going to start looking for a used one.

I play music

Reaction score
Well shit, that sounds awesome. I’m going to start looking for a used one.
I wouldn't want it, just like the Evertune. And no idea if you could even get one. And maybe check yourself how it really works, maybe I'm wrong and it's not the same principle as Evertune, but I think it is.

cardinal

Buys guitars, sometimes plays them
Reaction score
Any news from Marshall?

How awesome would it be if Marshall actually releases some cool stuff for once. Wish they did something similar to Vox to have hand wired versions are less-than-eye-watering prices (made in Vietnam). Or just released their own "modded" 2203 or 1959. Whyyyyyyyy hasn't this happened yet

Mathemagician

Reaction score
How awesome would it be if Marshall actually releases some cool stuff for once. Wish they did something similar to Vox to have hand wired versions are less-than-eye-watering prices (made in Vietnam). Or just released their own "modded" 2203 or 1959. Whyyyyyyyy hasn't this happened yet

When they can readily sell Marshall branded anything, down to t shirts and socks they really don’t have to cater to niche player interests. The product already sells itself.

Bearitone

Reaction score
For real. They need to fuckin Fortinize one of their own amps. Capitalize on the absolutely massive market of people that want a supercharged Plexi/800.

sakeido

Contributor
Reaction score
For real. They need to fuckin Fortinize one of their own amps. Capitalize on the absolutely massive market of people that want a supercharged Plexi/800.

DSL20HR is kinda that, it rips. best deal going in tube amps I think

electriceye

Reaction score
Where are those EVH guitars built? The new 5150 in blue looks pretty cool but that pricetag makes me think its built somewhere I'd probably avoid (not to sound snobby).

I'm not liking those EVH super strats at ALL. They look cheap as it is, and that stupid kill button just makes it too silly for me. The Shark is even dumber.

Frankly, hard pass on any non-USA EVH guitar.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Marshall has learned that no matter what they do to the amp, or how it sounds, the boutique mod shops and boutiques "do it better" in the eye of thier consumer base.

They've burned so much money, time, and energy designing and marketing "new" amps and the returns are pitiful.

The focus the last decade since Jim passed has been to grow the brand and make Marshalls that anyone can use. It shouldn't be surprising that consumer electronics, branded stuff, and small amps have been the way forward.

diagrammatiks

Reaction score
big amps in the 2203 or 1959 variety aren't in style right now either.

the origins are great. they should have put them out 5 years ago when orange and other companies were starting the small amp thing.

actually the origin is already exactly what you'd want.

BenjaminW

Reaction score
My biggest question right now is if some of those options will be making their way to the Mod Shop... as if I can get a USA Strat with floyd, reverse headstock, and ss frets I am done :lol:
I would die for a Mod Shop Strat with a Floyd and/or the Am Pro II/American Ultra contoured heel. I would also die a little bit more if you could make the Floyds either top mounted or recessed because only being able to choose a recessed Floyd drives me insane because I can't stand recessed Floyds anymore.

In addition, it would be extra awesome if you could have more options with pickup configurations. Hopefully that doesn't basically put Warmoth out of business...

Latest posts

')