The "NAMM 2021" Thread

• Thread starter DrakkarTyrannis
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

dav43

Reaction score
Some new finishes for ibanez rgs

Ibanez Prestige rg752
ibanez-rg752ahm-prestige-royal-plumb-burst-1184940.jpg

Ibanez Prestige RG5121
ibanez-rg5121-prestige-burgundy-metallic-flat-1184700.jpg

Ibanez Prestige RG5170
ibanez-rg5170b-prestige-black-1184785.jpg

Ibanez AXION LABEL rg631
ibanez-rg631alf-axion-label-blue-chameleon-1184905.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Noisy Humbucker

Only obsesses over guitars when not playing them.
Reaction score
Love that RG5170 and RG5121, but I really wish it didn't have Fishmans.
The world is your oyster on a straight-scale 6 string. If you’re careful you could try out both humbucking voices on every model they make without soldering or even removing the protective film. You might have to de-solder a single wire from the stock pickups if they’re set up to split, but that’d be it.

Not trying to sell you on anything, but if Fishman made the Classic set in a configuration that would work with my MS 7 I’d be all over them (versus the Moderns I have in there now).

Masoo2

Reaction score
Ibanez AXION LABEL rg631
View attachment 88373
Is that a totally-not-signature from a metalcore guitarist whose name is escaping me right now?

Maybe the dude from Ice Nine Kills? The Word Alive? We Came As Romans? The Color Morale?

Swear one of them has like 4-5x LACS or otherwise non-standard RGs with pickguards, Fishmans, and different finishes such as the chameleon like that Axion Label

Matt08642

Reaction score
I don't know if this one's EU only but it's the new RG5320C. Chrome hw, TZ/AN, new color. Not really crazy about the finish, but it's growing on me. And it looks like there will be a 7-string AZ as well.

ibanez-rg5320c-prestige-deep-forest-green-1184840.jpg

Holy shit Ibanez please release this in Canada

Jeff

Banned from Reality
Reaction score
I think it would be cool if Ibanez/ESP/Schecter got in on the headless game. I’m surprised they haven’t, with the exception of few basses from Ibanez.

Zhysick

Reaction score
Well, the hottest thing, appart from the music jokes, is that Axxion RG with the chamaleon finish and fixed bridge...

jl-austin

Reaction score
Well, the hottest thing, appart from the music jokes, is that Axxion RG with the chamaleon finish and fixed bridge...

Unfortunately Axxion guitars are made out of "who-knows-what-it-is" plywood. :(

Mathemagician

Reaction score
Xyphos 7 strings

I’d be willing to give ibanez necks another try for this.

If there's no headless Ibanez guitars this "NAMM" I'll chug a bottle of ketchup on livestream. You can quote me on it.

Quoting so you can’t edit later.

Also Gibson coming out with a catalogue that, to Gibson fans, offers something really interesting, but most of the rest of us not seeing any difference between that and the past few years.

Well damn bro, hello to you to. Just calling me out like that for not being able to understand anything the catalog says beyond “60’s slim-taper neck” and “does/doesn’t have P90’s”.

')