The "NAMM 2021" Thread

• Thread starter DrakkarTyrannis
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

manu80

Reaction score
My expectations for Ibanez 2021:
  • Vogg sig Destroyer
  • Marten Hagstrom sig LP 8 string
  • headless guitar
  • more stainless steel frets
  • 5000 line XL models
  • maybe bass with Dingwall scale
nothing.

At least they still have a handful good models from past years...

Must admit that when i saw MH last year, i was drooling over Vogg’s destroyer...that would be great

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

DEUCE SLUICE

Reaction score
There's more energy around shortscale basses than you'd expect, just not in the metal world. Tony Grey just did a sig Fodera that's 30.75" straight scale...

That shortscale headless would probably fit in a guitar gig bag, which is reason enough I think!

gunshow86de

Beef Jerky Time
Reaction score
This got me feeling some things...

p_region_EHB1005SMS_EMM_1P_01.png

Jeff

Banned from Reality
Reaction score
My expectations for Ibanez 2021:
  • Vogg sig Destroyer
  • Marten Hagstrom sig LP 8 string
  • headless guitar
  • more stainless steel frets
  • 5000 line XL models
  • maybe bass with Dingwall scale
nothing.

At least they still have a handful good models from past years...

From what I’ve seen so far, only new short scale headless basses are being added to the existing headless bass selection; no guitars. But they might be holding that back from everyone at this point.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
Do they normally hold out the super crazy stuff til the end, or the super expensive stuff, or? Like, what sorts of things might they be sitting on for later release?

feraledge

Heard the Good News about Maple Fretboards?
Reaction score
Why? There's already a 5150. Why the hell would anyone buy a "new" 5150 for more than likely 4 digits when you can just get one for much cheaper used?
Because the hype for an authentic "block letter" tone has resulted in an ungrounded feeling of scarcity which belies the bevy of available authentic block letters that are actually out there. In other words, magic is still very much alive.

Reaction score
Because the hype for an authentic "block letter" tone has resulted in an ungrounded feeling of scarcity which belies the bevy of available authentic block letters that are actually out there. In other words, stupidity is still very much alive.

6505s go for 3 digits all day. This is clearly a dead guy cash grab trap for idiots.

Reaction score
I'm not arguing, I got my 6505 for about $500.
That said, this trend vastly predates Eddie's death. But no doubt, Eddie's death will up sales.

Well at least the good thing is with the new 5150, all the retards will claim it's just like the "block letter" 5150s...all the morons will either spend shitloads on the new one or shitloads on the block letter..and the 6505 prices will go down because no one wants them.

diagrammatiks

Reaction score
Well at least the good thing is with the new 5150, all the retards will claim it's just like the "block letter" 5150s...all the morons will either spend shitloads on the new one or shitloads on the block letter..and the 6505 prices will go down because no one wants them.

block letters are selling for like 900-1100 recently.

NeglectedField

Reaction score
Some cool new Ibby stuff. The shorter scale AHBs, the Axion and RGDs with the Fishmans are cool, the 7-string AZs pretty daring.

I did see one of the catalogues had those old spiky RG-style basses reissued. I was waiting for that! Weird it's not shown on the main site's new stuff section though.

')