The "NAMM 2021" Thread

• Thread starter DrakkarTyrannis
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Bearitone

Reaction score
Shoot, i just realized i posted that in the wrong thread. My bad guys.

And yeah! I got 2. Going to throw both in the same guitar. They don’t make a “neck” version of the Slug but, I just have this hunch it’s going to be a great neck pickup

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Okay so I just read something today that Jerry Cantrll's first Gibson sig is going to be a wine red Les Paul Custom based on one of the Les Pauls he used on his solo albums/tour, and I BELIEVE the AiC reunion.

tumblr_ndyuir9SzA1r52zt4o4_1280.jpg

Weird choice, though. He used his other 3 ones (Black, Blue, and D-Trip) significantly more.

Mathemagician

Reaction score
Okay so I just read something today that Jerry Cantrll's first Gibson sig is going to be a wine red Les Paul Custom based on one of the Les Pauls he used on his solo albums/tour, and I BELIEVE the AiC reunion.

tumblr_ndyuir9SzA1r52zt4o4_1280.jpg

Weird choice, though. He used his other 3 ones (Black, Blue, and D-Trip) significantly more.

That is going to be another very cool Les Paul that I won’t buy and will also sell out immediately at any price. Good for him, I love wine red on guitars. Gloss or matte.

Noisy Humbucker

Only obsesses over guitars when not playing them.
Reaction score
EMG? Fishman? Heck I’d take a new pick from Dunlop at this point (and not the gloss Flow they announced a week or two ago).

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Once again, I think it's worth noting that COVID really did seem to fuck up plans for a lot of companies. Even domestic (USA) ones.

Hell, just saw this post from Floyd Rose on FB.

e93fac3ba33629bc1b19eeb2f2583d7e.png

Anyone sourcing products from countries that took covid more seriously is facing issues. Turns out, making guitar bridges isn't worth risking public health.

In the case of Floyd Rose, everything is outsourced to South Korea (Sung-Il) and Germany (Schaller), both countries that enforced strict lock downs, not "lock down lite" like the US.

I know they source the titanium stuff domestically, but it's such a low volume product.

AJS

Reaction score
So the lads who wanted to sue companies that copied the Les Paul design are cool with copying a Jackson design...? I feel like I'm missing something.

Maybe they assume Jackson (well, Fender) won't sue? Not to mention it would open up a whole can of worms with Keisel, and Jackson never sued them over their bodies (which are basically reversed Rhodes and Star shapes). Heck, no issues against ESP for Alexi's (RIP) signature, which was basically a Rhodes.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
So the lads who wanted to sue companies that copied the Les Paul design are cool with copying a Jackson design...? I feel like I'm missing something.

The problem is with how IP enforcement works in this country, your options are pretty much to either give up or defend everything with next to no middle ground.

It's also worth noting that FMIC only owns the names and headstock outlines, the body shapes are pretty much fair game.

Gibson owns the names, headstocks, and the outline of a few legacy models.

As an interesting aside, who came out with the offset V first is somewhat up for debate. The Jackson Concorde/Rhoads and Kramer Vanguard both came out in the early 80's, the Star has similar origins, with Kramer releasing the Voyager in 82'/83' and early Strat-head Charvel Stars showing up a year or two earlier, but that doesn't track down development.

danbox

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
huh - was half expecting an evertune on these. I like the new headstock though.
Yeah, I’m wondering if they’ll have an evertune line after? I’d guess they are trying to hit a lower price point while keeping the fishmans

')