The New Agile/SX/Rondo Model Mega-Thread

• Thread starter JoeuJGM
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

schwiz

Lefty
Reaction score
Looks like they got this one right
pendpro72527ebcpnatmahog1.jpg

I hate being left handed.

They've got plenty of fanned fret guitars on their website that have the angled pickups.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

shanejohnson02

Hammer of the Gods
Reaction score
I'm REALLY close to buying a 7-string Harm(onist) model. Check out their custom shop...it's an offering apparently.

Mordacain

Formerly 1-watt brigadier
Reaction score

Solodini

MORE RESTS!
Reaction score

celticelk

Reaction score
With Trapeze tailpiece. Holy jesus.

Any idea what they're calling the colour in the photos? By "wide neck" profile are they actually meaning the fingerboard width or the depth of the neck? I'd like the thickest they have, without being stupidly wide!

According to Kurt: one neck profile for the 7s, and the trapeze option is not available. He did indicate that Rondo had done P-90s for 7-strings before and would be willing to do so again, but the other pickup options on the Harm are not happening for 7s.

Grand Moff Tim

Some call me... Tim
Reaction score
Sure wish Rondo had a return policy for international customers.

Fred the Shred

Shrederick
Reaction score
I'd say Chris Letchford and his 25.5-26.25 scale Strandberg would like to disagree with you

Actually, it doesn't work that way. It's the resulting distance from supposed bridge pickup to the bridge for a given scale length that will dictate whether it's too much or not. For example, my 8-string .strandberg* has a 26 to 27" scale and straight pickups. What happens is that the bridge unit is now at roughly the same position as it would be on most baritone guitars on the bass end, and in a similar position to, say, any RG on the treble one. That is due to the very mild fan spanning all 8-strings, which corresponds roughly to the 0.75" fan on Chris' axe, to which we add a 9th or 10th perpendicular fret for a more even distribution of the fan's resulting angle.

In this particular case, the tones end up being rather imbalanced between treble and bass registers, as the angle of the bridge is a lot steeper than on the .strandberg* guitars I described above.

SnowfaLL

Reaction score
Just a heads up, Kurt added 21, 22 or 24 fret options to the ST/TC. I emailed him asking about 24 frets on the AS specifically, but said the ST/TC would be cool too, so he added it for them but not looking likely on the AS. I dont know if I am gonna order one, was more just curious.. but Where else can you find a 24 fret Telecaster or Strat 7 string? I really would love a 24 fret hollowbody though, unlikely to find that from any company.

(and yes, I realize most of you feel it defeats the purpose of a Strat or Tele, but I already have my dream 22fret strat; so if I get another, it'd be more for the look rather than the tone)

Rommel

Reaction score
Wish he could add an H-H, or H-S-H option for the ST.

Stuck_in_a_dream

Reaction score
DISCLAIMER :D: I know this is the 7-string subforum but I didn't feel like starting a whole new thread for this question.

I spotted this, and I gather it's a new model (new headstock?!)
leona1.jpg

One piece American Swamp Ash body, one piece neck, looks great...BUT...it say this about the neck:
Trus rod adjustable neck (one piece neck requires neck to be removed to adjust trus rod)

And if you look closely at the neck, you notice that there isn't any access to the truss rod from either side (nut or bottom of the neck), what gives?! Anyone care to shed some light on this?

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Anyone care to shed some light on this?

Because vintage authenticity? :shrug:

Surely it wouldn't be that hard to just chisel out a wee cavity under the pickguard for access to the truss rod.

Yup. A lot of people do this for vintage-style Fender guitars that require the neck to be removed. To make it even easier, you can also drill a hole in the pickguard. Something like this...

fenamerstanvneckadj.jpg

Latest posts

')