The new premium S's!

• Thread starter dres_x
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

dres_x

Reaction score
Funny how Ibanez gets shit for doing too many black guitars, and now this S comes out... Well, they did need a higher end S in black, I guess.

I find this hilarious too...because I usually hate black guitars...this is the first black guitar I've ever liked...probably has something to do with the binding and no inlays...make it look neater/cleaner/sleeker/sexier in my eyes hahaha

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Pat_s1t

UG Invader
Reaction score
Damn every time I see those pics I drool...it's so damn classy but just a little too brown for me :p haha
What were the prices on these in the store again?
$1049 CAD if I do remember correctly. Not a bad price considering the usual Canadian mark up.

BeyondAntares

Reaction score
those sabers look awesome, i'm really digging the claro walnut top but flat out broke at the moment due to gas. On another note those switch covers can be changed with clear covers or other 5 way switches

D

purpledc

Proud blacksheep
Reaction score
Ive always liked this series of guitars and im also pretty impressed overall with the premium quality. But let me ask you IBBY pros. Is it me or does the shape of these look slightly off from the normal S guitars? Maybe its the angle of the pics but they just look off. Either that or they slightly changed the shape so someone cant put a different logo on it and try to sell it off as a prestige. All in all though nice guitars.

They look nice, but I HATE that Ibanez puts those ugly black plastic covers over their switches. It almost completely turns me off of the instrument.

The black one actually looks pretty nice, but I'm still not digging the switch for that one either. It contrasts the finish too much.

ive never had one but cant you simply remove the cover?

dres_x

Reaction score
Ive always liked this series of guitars and im also pretty impressed overall with the premium quality. But let me ask you IBBY pros. Is it me or does the shape of these look slightly off from the normal S guitars? Maybe its the angle of the pics but they just look off. Either that or they slightly changed the shape so someone cant put a different logo on it and try to sell it off as a prestige. All in all though nice guitars.

They had to change the shape to accommodate 24 frets...that's probably why you think it looks funny? I had the same impression at first too.

ShredEmall

Reaction score
wow...i cant wait to play one! if i have the chance. how's the ZR-II tremolo with ZPS3??anybody knows?

simonXsludge

(((Ω)))
Reaction score
That black one is one of the few black guitars I liked after years of pure hate, haha. The matte finish on the neck is a super awesome touch, the binding is the icing on the cake and FINALLY a Saber without a middle pup and puprings. The walnut one is delicious, too.

Verdict: Premium Sabers are pure win.

Pikka Bird

Vaya Con Cornholio
Reaction score
ive never had one but cant you simply remove the cover?

Not quite. The plastic switch holder covers a hole in the front of the body that's large enough for the whole switch to pass through. The switch is screwed into the plastic holder the way you'd normally fasten a switch to the wood of the guitar's body, and then the plastic holder is then screwed onto the body from the back with some larger bolts that are apparently embedded into the plastic.

The reason for this is that a regular 5-way switch is too tall to fit inside the electronics cavity in the very thin S series bodies, so they had to make the top of the switch sit flush with the surface of the body. Too bad, really.

')